October 09, 2023
2458 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
12 Jan 2022 09:46 #329707 by Jexik
Not sure where to put this, but Twitter got me stuck on Wordle. Strongly considering doing a daily video on youtube or something and then releasing it a day or two later. The nature of not spoiling it for others makes it hard to talk strategy (such as it is), but I think the thought process of the game is interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2022 10:00 #329708 by the_jake_1973
I just did mine for today....got it in 4, but probably should have had it in 3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

More
12 Jan 2022 10:44 #329709 by Ah_Pook
Wordle is great. I think I said a few pages ago but my wife and I have been playing physical wordle with a Scrabble set and some tokens :)

Re video games, I'm hooked pretty good by Deep Rock Galactic. The missions are a good length for playing one or two here or there (30-45 min), there's lots of fun progression to grind on, the gameplay is a fun blend of things I enjoy (coop horde fighting ala COD Zombies or L4D, and exploring/collecting resources in a percentage generated area), it's got a good style... Yea for free you can't really fault this one. Would have been happy if I paid full price, even. Plus all the DLC/battle pass stuff is strictly cosmetic which is nice. I might even buy a skin pack just to throw some money at the devs tbh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
12 Jan 2022 10:46 #329711 by jason10mm
Man, I SUCK at word games, so daily wordle it is! Consider it dementia prevention :p

I found it at some UK site. Does that mean I gotta consider goofy brit spellings or is it in proper 'murican English? Guess the word today was spelled correctly so I suppose it is the US version.

More
12 Jan 2022 11:07 #329717 by Gary Sax
I've only watch it on streams, but deep rock is so cool. Do you play with others or bots?

More
12 Jan 2022 11:20 #329719 by the_jake_1973

jason10mm wrote: Man, I SUCK at word games, so daily wordle it is! Consider it dementia prevention :p

I found it at some UK site. Does that mean I gotta consider goofy brit spellings or is it in proper 'murican English? Guess the word today was spelled correctly so I suppose it is the US version.

I don't know how many funky UK spellings happen at the 5-letter mark. Those pesky 'ou' combos are usually at 6+ I think.

More
12 Jan 2022 11:30 #329720 by dysjunct
But there’s a lot of words which are five letters in American English, but six in British English.

E.g. (spoiler) today’s. It went with the American variant.

More
12 Jan 2022 12:21 #329724 by DarthJoJo
Started up a campaign of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1 because my brain has been too fried for anything else after 8 beside this and mindlessly scrolling YouTube.

I’m a little excited because I plan on running completely blind. I have no idea the recipes for the advanced jobs, what the best jobs are, what any skills do or anything. I’m going into the unknown.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax, Jexik, hotseatgames, sornars, Nodens

More
12 Jan 2022 13:37 - 12 Jan 2022 14:14 #329729 by Jexik
Final Fantasy Tactics is probably a top ten all time video game for me. Some parts are really hard if flying blind. Without spoiling anything, I’ll just say to always keep two saves, maybe 2-4 battles apart. Sometimes you get into situations where there are multiple battles in a row with no towns in between.

I still have the job table mostly memorized and remember the item duping bug.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2022 14:14 by Jexik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
12 Jan 2022 13:40 #329730 by Ah_Pook

Gary Sax wrote: I've only watch it on streams, but deep rock is so cool. Do you play with others or bots?

I've only played solo so far. There's a little mining robot buddy that follows you around solo. A few friends if mine grabbed it on PS+ as well but we haven't synchronized times yet.

Any of y'all with PlayStations get on this thing and let's mine some rocks :)

More
12 Jan 2022 14:54 #329735 by the_jake_1973
I picked it up, but have yet to install it. I'm full on into Farcry 6 right now and loving it.

More
13 Jan 2022 14:30 - 13 Jan 2022 15:14 #329770 by Rliyen
Taking a small break from Payday 2 to play... A WW 2 themed version of Payday: The Heist!

It's called Raid: WWII, and it's kind of a throwback/missing link between Payday: The Heist and Payday 2. Although it came out in 2017, it hearkens back to the original Payday with its mechanics (leveling to unlock linear bonuses, challenges to upgrade your weapons, etc.), and punishing learning curve. This game was made by a group of Croatian level designers of certain Payday 2 DLCs. However, the game was rushed and didn't get a really big fanbase, mainly because it was marketed towards Payday 2 players, and they didn't like the end result.

Yes, it's glitchy. Stealth is nigh useless (either because the raids are SUPPOSED to go loud or a guard with X-Ray vision sees through walls and spots you killing a guard). It has WAVE after WAVE of Nazis, running full tilt at you. You have no deployables, you have to get them by looting crates to find health and ammo. And there's no hostage transfer. Go down three times and you will respawn in a short matter of time, but if you play with bots then the raid's over. And, the biggest complaint, it's grindy as Hell.

But I absolutely FRICKING love it. The soundtrack makes you feel like you're in a Dirty Dozen remake. The German soldiers, while somewhat stupid, CAN fuck your world up if they get to a MG nest. In some raids/operations, you run across Tiger tanks. And you taking it out is impossible. You have to stick to cover and pray you don't get caught in the blast radius. It has raids (heists) that are very cool, and Operations (which are multi part heists). To get experience bonuses, you can add challenge cards, which give a bonus, but also a minus to performing the heist (e.g. Damage bonus to your weapons, but your health is reduced by 25).

It also has John Cleese, well, being John Cleese as the Controller. You also have win/lose movies at the end of each raid. It cuts to Hitler's office and his aides bring him reports of your exploits. If you win, he usually flips out rather comically. If you lose, then he gets comically smug.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2022 15:14 by Rliyen.

More
16 Jan 2022 05:59 - 16 Jan 2022 06:00 #329837 by sornars
I missed the PS4 generation so have picked up a PS5 and decided to work my way through the previous generation.

I started with Bloodborne. This hot take may be 7 years late but if you weren’t aware, this game is good.

I’m a Souls veteran so despite the shift in attitude from favouring observation to favouring aggression, I picked things up pretty quickly. I’m about four hours in and just beat Father G. I read the old thread on here and I can’t wait to see what’s next for me.

Solo board gaming has kind of replaced video gaming for me over the past several years but this game has really rejuvenated my passion for the medium.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2022 06:00 by sornars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton, Ah_Pook

More
16 Jan 2022 11:59 #329843 by Gary Sax
It'd be nice if there was a ps5 update that cleaned up the frame rate and loading times!

More
18 Jan 2022 12:58 #329874 by Ah_Pook
Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard for 68B. Crazy times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, sornars

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.914 seconds