October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MUSIC are you listening to?

More
03 May 2017 12:28 #247699 by barrowdown
I think a Kendrick feature is almost always the best part of the song. My favorite feature of his is probably "Really Doe" with Danny Brown, Ab-Soul and Earl Sweatshirt. However, if you find the nasal quality of Kendrick possibly annoying, Danny Brown will certainly be like nails on a chalkboard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2017 00:28 #247760 by dave

barrowdown wrote: Danny Brown will certainly be like nails on a chalkboard.

The following user(s) said Thank You: barrowdown

More
04 May 2017 13:04 #247790 by Jexik
I got a friend who's a DJ in New York, and I asked him what I should listen to next if I like Madvillain. He said Czarface without any hesitation. They've got 3 albums, first coming out in 2013.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unicron, barrowdown

More
04 May 2017 13:09 #247791 by barrowdown
Czarface is definitely a solid recommendation. It's Inspectah Deck with 7L & Esoteric so some throwback Northeast-style fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik, Unicron

More
04 May 2017 13:17 #247792 by Jexik
Here's an example off of the first album, but there are plenty of good ones. Lots of comic book references and other nerdy stuff.

More
05 May 2017 12:16 - 05 May 2017 12:17 #247876 by Mr. White
All week I've been listening to this 'original motion picture soundtrack' from September '87. Lots of dialogue, but fun to listen to while working.

september87.com/album/act-1
Last edit: 05 May 2017 12:17 by Mr. White.

More
05 May 2017 13:37 #247879 by Colorcrayons
Went deep retro while cleaning the kitchen today, listening to Skinny Puppy's Too Dark Park.
It brings me back to a more introspective time, and allows me to clear my head a bit.
I want to just sink into the past a bury myself in the memories that wash over me. A dangerous prospect and why one must look forward instead of back.

But I Still feel as iconoclastic now as I did then, and want nothing more than a good insurrection against the establishment.

More
06 May 2017 08:28 #247914 by Michael Barnes
LCD Soundsystem, the greatest band of the 21st century, is back with two new songs. As expected, they are incredible. "Call the Police" and "American Dream" stand up to anything they've released before. Absolutely essential listening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower

More
20 Jun 2017 12:11 - 21 Jun 2017 00:26 #250184 by celticgriffon
I have been really enjoying an album that came out in 2012 ish.

Matt Mays - Coyote

Favourite line: The devil can't get you cause he ain't got proof... and I said ain't that the truth

From what i have read he needed a break from life. Went backpacking and travelling and found inspiration everywhere. Totally solid album.

Michael
Last edit: 21 Jun 2017 00:26 by celticgriffon. Reason: added quote

More
20 Jul 2017 16:46 #251426 by Black Barney
is a thread going to go up soon about that Linkin Park guy? The only time I saw him was in Saw VII.

If Jeff Gutt gets the gig as new STP lead singer, I'd be worried if I was his family.

More
21 Jul 2017 10:35 - 21 Jul 2017 10:38 #251465 by OldHippy
I've been super addicted to Wheeler Walker Jr.'s new album Ol' Wheeler... yes there is a lot of toilet humour but I honestly believe that it's still a great and honest country album. There's a mix between the potty humour and the odd bit of vulnerability.. it makes for a captivating album because one minute you'll be listening to him sing about boobs or how he needs a finger up his but to orgasm and then the next thing you know there's a tender ballad. Like Summers in Kentucky...

"Heard you gained a few got saggy tits
But who am I to say cuz I’ve aged liked shit?
That’s why I think we’d be the perfect fit
Summers in Kentucky man I sure miss"

It's odd for me to say this as I normally like country songwriting when it's focused on strong story telling and since Ben Hoffman (Wheeler's real name) was a comedy writer first and foremost it's odd to call the album honest... yet somehow it is. He manages to be true to the child like man that wants to say crude shit and yet still manages to express the other side of things while he's at it. It's probably my favourite album I've heard yet this year. There was a Bach Trio album I really dug too but despite the musicians using new instruments it's still just Bach.. they didn't write it. So I'm sticking with Ol' Wheeler.

The other thing I've been addicted to lately is Thelonious Monk's solo album (Solo Monk). I've always been aware of it and I heard it here and there at people's houses but I hadn't really listened to it. Now when I'm biking home I put it on and time just disappears. Every note sounds like the piano has been drinking, he manages to do it consistently though so it completely works. That slightly tipsy feeling is always there making him sound a little behind the beat and slightly flat yet it comes across not as an insufficiency of some kind but as a deliberate stylistic choice. I think this album will stay with me a long time.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 10:38 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
25 Jul 2017 15:56 #251649 by Pat II
Revisiting the Genesis catalogue over the last few months. After attending Miami Music Week I've been really into Loco Dice after listening to a set on a boat party. Electric Wizard, Time To Die remains on the playlist. I saw Rammstein at Rockfest with 200 000 people last month amazing show but I can't be bothered to listen to their music outside of a live event. I'd gladly pay to see them again though great show.

More
25 Jul 2017 16:21 #251650 by stormseeker75
Rammstein is the last band on my bucket list. I really want to go to Germany to see them.

More
25 Jul 2017 16:27 #251651 by Pat II
These guys really bring it. I've seen them twice now but last months show was phenomenal. Outdoors and the fireworks were on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
26 Jul 2017 00:11 #251658 by Michael Barnes
I saw them at the peak of their late 90s popularity in the US. It was insane. I think every fire code was broken. Do they still do the thing with the flamethrower gauntlets? That was so cool. Of course, that was al before the Great White tragedy, back when you could go to extraordinarily dangerous club shows with lots of ill-advised pyro. I will say that the only other show I've ever been to with as many shirtless men was Pet Shop Boys.

Maybe I'll take a listen to "Wollt Ihr Das Bett un Flammen Sehen" for old times sake.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds