October 09, 2023
2286 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MUSIC are you listening to?

More
09 Nov 2018 17:37 #285828 by Shellhead
The song is great, and the video features Nick Frost and Noel Fielding:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2018 18:53 #285841 by SuperflyPete
I’m on this Clapton kick. Not sure why. Been listening to the Unplugged album and others. Old Love is fantastic.

More
09 Nov 2018 22:20 #285849 by Shellhead

SuperflyTNT wrote: I’m on this Clapton kick. Not sure why. Been listening to the Unplugged album and others. Old Love is fantastic.

This is one of my favorite Clapton tunes:

The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
10 Nov 2018 16:28 #285869 by Michael Barnes
New Carly Rae Jepsen track and a new Robyn album.

Also Yaz and Strawberry Switchblade.

More
20 Nov 2018 12:01 - 20 Nov 2018 12:07 #286552 by Mr. White
Embarrassed to say, I was unaware the CJ Ramone came back onto the scene. I was a fan of CJ as he was the bassist at the time I got into the Ramones and was the player when I saw them live. Mondo Bizzaro is one of my favorite Ramones albums and he was part of the reason why. His inclusion to the group brought back some edge and energy that was missing in some of the late 80s albums. Plus, I think the story of a Marine going awol and joining a punk band is almost the perfect Ramones tale.

I know he was in and out of some bands in the late 90s and early 00s, but sorta went quiet to take care of family. Anyway, it seems he's put out three albums and I'm enjoying them all quite a bit.

"Take it, CJ!"

cjramone.bandcamp.com/album/american-beauty

EDIT: Sounds like he's only putting in a few more years then calling it a career. I wouldn't mind catching one of his shows before he rides off.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2018 12:07 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

More
22 Dec 2018 11:34 #288662 by NeonPeon
I like my music like I like my board games...Ameritrashy!

More
02 Jan 2019 10:20 #289057 by Jexik
Tool, lots of Tool. And some A Perfect Circle, since it's basically Smashing Pumpkins without Billy Corgan's nasal drama.

I had somehow missed Tool... never had a friend in middle or high school who were into them. But I've been liking it a lot.

More
12 Jan 2019 18:31 #289866 by Ah_Pook
i made a post about my shitty old grindcore band but i guess it got eaten in the upgrade. listening to that sparked off a nostalgic metal listening streak. i used to be real into tons of really questionable goregrind bullshit, which is amusing to go back and listen to sometimes. a lot of it is unlistenable garbage, but hey.

also sometimes you gotta listen to a bunch of old ween, if youre me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
14 Jan 2019 10:10 #289961 by BaronDonut

Ah_Pook wrote: i made a post about my shitty old grindcore band but i guess it got eaten in the upgrade. listening to that sparked off a nostalgic metal listening streak. i used to be real into tons of really questionable goregrind bullshit, which is amusing to go back and listen to sometimes. a lot of it is unlistenable garbage, but hey.

One of my favorite pieces of music writing ever (which I unfortunately can't seem to find right now) is a review of a grindcore festival written by someone who had never heard of grindcore. The level of pure bewilderment is wonderful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mc, Ah_Pook

More
14 Jan 2019 15:29 #289990 by Ah_Pook
I'd love to read that! If you find the link please post it. I still theoretically like a lot of metal, even if I never listen to it any more. But it's kinda hard to go back and listen to shit like this if you're not deep in it any more.

Also the extreme misogyny of a lot of that shit got real old too. Maybe if you're 13 a bunch of songs about rape and whatever is edgy but like enough is enough after a while guys we get it you don't have a girlfriend and you're angry about it.

Anyway since we're talking about it I'll repost my bad old bands cover of a skinny puppy song ;)

More
14 Jan 2019 22:12 #290008 by WadeMonnig
Skinny Puppy and Godflesh was one of the most epic shows I ever went to. Top concerts ever: Ramones, Ministry/KMFDM, Pink Floyd, various lalapaloozas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
14 Jan 2019 22:50 #290012 by Ah_Pook
I think my top shows were the three times I saw Coil, and Bolt Thrower. Bolt Thrower put on a fucking show man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
14 Jan 2019 23:41 #290014 by WadeMonnig
Oh yea! In 89 I saw napalm death, bolt thrower, morbid Angel and carcass on the grind crusher tour. Godflesh might have played then too. I was obsessed with Godflesh back then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GorillaGrody, Ah_Pook

More
15 Jan 2019 11:17 #290035 by Ah_Pook
Man that specific tour is my dream "time travel back to see a live show" show. Either that or The Birthday Party in their prime. I was 9 in 89 so I don't think I would have appreciated it then ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
15 Jan 2019 12:21 #290041 by WadeMonnig

Ah_Pook wrote: Man that specific tour is my dream "time travel back to see a live show" show. Either that or The Birthday Party in their prime. I was 9 in 89 so I don't think I would have appreciated it then ;)

Speaking of traveling back in time, my 15 year old daughter is currently says her favorite band is Iron Maiden...which was my favorite band when I was 15. Think that says something about the state of music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeonPeon, engineer Al, GorillaGrody, Ah_Pook

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds