October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2693 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
31 Aug 2015 13:46 #209663 by Gary Sax
My students have no idea that I am watching the dick episode of Silicon Valley right before I teach their class.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2015 14:50 #209671 by ChristopherMD

Black Barney wrote: Gonna sign up for some dance classes instead. Time to meet some people.

Sweatin to the Oldies or Boogie Down the Pounds?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
31 Aug 2015 14:51 #209673 by ChristopherMD
Finished the first season of Dark Matter. It isn't the next BSG or anything, but I liked it. Will be back next season.

More
31 Aug 2015 15:09 #209675 by Cranberries

Shellhead wrote: Halfway through Dollhouse, season 2. I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon, but this show is problematic. I really like the actors that he is using, but having seen them in various shows or movies before, I am now recognizing that most of them operate well within a very limited range. None of them are playing characters that I like. The ethical challenges would be more interesting if these characters were more heroic. And the story has become convoluted in that typical epsionage hall of mirrors sort of way. And the inherent concept of the Dollhouse strains credibility. The concept is too controversial for the general public to tolerate, but the company somehow has no problem marketing to a wide range of upper middle class and rich clients. It's possible that the show is building towards a satisfying conclusion, but given my current level of dissatisfaction, that seems unlikely.

I read somewhere that the series should be watched in a different order, or something about apocalyptic foreshadowing. I put off watching it until I found out more, and now am wondering if I just imagined it.

More
31 Aug 2015 15:14 #209676 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote: I watched the entire pilot episode of FEAR THE WALKING DEAD. What a total pile. Glad I won't even bother with this series.

With Daily Show over, I'm so lost as to what to watch anymore. I'm just playing video games mostly now. Gonna sign up for some dance classes instead. Time to meet some people.

Like ball room dancing? Or like breakdancing?

Get the Crackle app on your Xboner. Watch Comedians in Cars getting Coffee.

More
31 Aug 2015 15:28 #209678 by Black Barney
I've watched all seasons of Comedians in Cars, booth, as soon as they are released. LOVE that show. This season's one with Colbert was really good.

Irish dancing. One guy for every 24 girls bouncing around in boxer shorts. It's heaven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
31 Aug 2015 16:17 #209682 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote: I've watched all seasons of Comedians in Cars, booth, as soon as they are released. LOVE that show. This season's one with Colbert was really good.

Irish dancing. One guy for every 24 girls bouncing around in boxer shorts. It's heaven.

Nice. I hope this goes better than that pole dancing class you took.

More
31 Aug 2015 16:43 #209683 by Not Sure

craniac wrote:

Shellhead wrote: Halfway through Dollhouse, season 2. I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon, but this show is problematic. I really like the actors that he is using, but having seen them in various shows or movies before, I am now recognizing that most of them operate well within a very limited range. None of them are playing characters that I like. The ethical challenges would be more interesting if these characters were more heroic. And the story has become convoluted in that typical epsionage hall of mirrors sort of way. And the inherent concept of the Dollhouse strains credibility. The concept is too controversial for the general public to tolerate, but the company somehow has no problem marketing to a wide range of upper middle class and rich clients. It's possible that the show is building towards a satisfying conclusion, but given my current level of dissatisfaction, that seems unlikely.

I read somewhere that the series should be watched in a different order, or something about apocalyptic foreshadowing. I put off watching it until I found out more, and now am wondering if I just imagined it.

Nope. I recall that too. Fox was supposed to have aired the first season of the show out of order, which you can see in the production numbering. Something about front-loading action-oriented episodes.

Honestly, I watched about half of the first season, and I don't think it really would have mattered. That show was a hot mess. Made Alias look like it made sense.

More
31 Aug 2015 16:49 #209684 by Shellhead
Doesn't surprise me if Fox showed Dollhouse episodes out of order. They pulled the same crap with Firefly, only showing the pilot episode after announcing cancellation. I watched a few episodes of season 1 and gave up, back then. I thought that maybe season two would help make more sense out of everything, since it looked like Whedon was getting a special but limited reprieve.

More
31 Aug 2015 20:24 - 31 Aug 2015 20:26 #209704 by OldHippy

Black Barney wrote: I've watched all seasons of Comedians in Cars, booth, as soon as they are released. LOVE that show. This season's one with Colbert was really good.

I didn't realize there was a new season yet so I just watched all of season six. Great stuff. The Jim Carrey episode was really bizarre but my favourite was the Julia Louis Dreyfus one and I thought it was super cool that she dropped the B. Kliban reference and then they showed one of his comics...

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Aug 2015 20:26 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
02 Sep 2015 22:23 #209870 by hotseatgames
First two episodes of Narcos watched. Wow. That show is extremely cinematic, and the end of episode 2.... hoof.

More
05 Sep 2015 11:34 #210033 by repoman
I too just started watching Narcos, the Netflix TV show. So far I'm really impressed although I'm only two episodes in.

It's about the Columbian drug cartels and a DEA agent in the early 80's.

I have seen Cocaine Cowboys and read Killing Pablo, both non fictional accounts of the same time period and I'm very impressed how closely this show is following the actual events at least as relating to the two sources I mention. The acting is very good so far and as Hotseat mentions the production quality is top notch. It would not surprise me if it were filmed on location in Columbia.

More
06 Sep 2015 09:53 #210063 by Cranberries

JonJacob wrote:

I didn't realize there was a new season yet so I just watched all of season six. Great stuff. The Jim Carrey episode was really bizarre but my favourite was the Julia Louis Dreyfus one and I thought it was super cool that she dropped the B. Kliban reference and then they showed one of his comics...

It was great to see their friendship. I'm starting to think that Jim Carrey has crossed the line from quirky to "needs help." He's almost as annoying as Robin Williams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, OldHippy, Gregarius

More
06 Sep 2015 15:24 #210079 by Hex Sinister
Revisited Twin Peaks after more than a decade. Wow, it's still so great. I'm totally looking forward to the reunion next year, like total hype mode. They're shooting in North Bend right now and I've been thinking about driving up for a peek. Don't think I'll be able to get a slice of pie at the diner though.

More
08 Sep 2015 08:52 #210146 by charlest
Surprised how decent Falling Skies is. Burned through season 1.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.768 seconds