October 09, 2023
2478 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2683 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
13 Oct 2015 11:19 #212373 by Space Ghost

Black Barney wrote: Did anyone catch Amy Schumer on SNL? I'm so mad I missed that. I have a crush on her...

Tracy Morgan on this week's SNL, that should be fun

It was terrible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2015 11:21 #212374 by hotseatgames
Watched episode 1 of season 2 of Fargo. Damn, that was fantastic. And it has Night Owl from Watchmen!

More
13 Oct 2015 11:41 - 13 Oct 2015 11:42 #212375 by Space Ghost

Black Barney wrote: Did anyone catch Amy Schumer on SNL? I'm so mad I missed that. I have a crush on her...

Tracy Morgan on this week's SNL, that should be fun

To elaborate, a bit more. Her monologue was pretty funny and I thought that it was going to be a good show. But the skits were BAD and she didn't really do the best job in them. Kind of over the top like she was trying to channel Melissa McCarthy, but it didn't come across as funny just like something you would see in as the opening act of a comedy club on a college campus -- very much a poor man's imitation.

A couple of the "shorts" weren't too bad -- the one about the selfie-stick made me laugh
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 11:42 by Space Ghost.

More
13 Oct 2015 11:55 #212376 by Grudunza

hotseatgames wrote: Watched episode 1 of season 2 of Fargo. Damn, that was fantastic. And it has Night Owl from Watchmen!

Yes, a great cast, and not just in the sense of "look who we have on our show." If anything, the cast is less flashy than last season, but they are really inhabiting their roles well here. I was particularly impressed with Ted Danson's take on his character. Can't wait to see Bruce Campbell as Reagan!

More
13 Oct 2015 12:00 #212377 by Tim Champlin
My wife and I are watching Person of Interest on Netflix. We're really digging it. Once you watch some of it it's sort of predictable but there's still enough twists that keep me surprised. I've always liked the "man with mysterious past helps random strangers" idea. Plus the action is always really good and all the actors do a great job. We're on season 2 right now and going through it pretty fast.

I had started watching Battlestar Galactica when it was in netflix about a year and a half ago right before it was taken off. Luckily a friend of mine just let me borrow his boxed set so I will be able to watch it all the way through. Love it. It used to be hard for me to get excited enough about tv shows to watch it for hours and hours but now I've got some shows I'm really stoked about.

More
13 Oct 2015 13:02 #212379 by Cranberries
For some reason I thought the first season of The Flash was ten episodes long. Now I'm not sure if I can sit through another 13 episodes of Monster of the Week in order to find out the mystery behind the yellow reverse flash. I need to start a new thread with my questions, perhaps.

More
13 Oct 2015 13:08 #212380 by Shellhead

Tim Champlin wrote: I had started watching Battlestar Galactica when it was in netflix about a year and a half ago right before it was taken off. Luckily a friend of mine just let me borrow his boxed set so I will be able to watch it all the way through. Love it. It used to be hard for me to get excited enough about tv shows to watch it for hours and hours but now I've got some shows I'm really stoked about.

I thought that the opening mini-series and first season of Battlestar Galactica were great. Second season was still strong. Third season was uneven and finally goes completely off the rails. And that's where I stopped. As a former fan of the X-Files, I can recognize when show writers don't have a long-term story planned out, and are just making shit up as they go. Friends told me that fourth season wasn't very good, but some at least enjoyed the finale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
13 Oct 2015 13:28 #212381 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote:
On the DAILY SHOW, Trevor Noah has been so clumsy and inexperienced in interviews, but it doesn’t bother me at all. It’s clear the guy is brand new to cue cards but that’s fine. I think the show is doing well. That new black correspondent is pretty funny.

I am really enjoying Mr. Noah -He'll find his pace and we'll be left with a brighter, quicker TDH - TBH i was kind of tired of Stewart's semi-morose schtick alternating with the cartoon face schtick. I think he's going to do a lot better with interviews once he settles in and gets comfortable - The guy is really smart - His Comedians in Cars was second only to Colbert this season. [/quote]

Black Barney wrote: On the NIGHTLY SHOW, Larry Wilmore has been killing it. I even enjoyed the panel last night…almost

DISAGREE. Pretty much done watching his nightly bitchalogue. And the keeping it 100% bit. Super meh.

Black Barney wrote: COLBERT is still playing it wicked safe and it’s awkward, but when he’s at his desk, it’s great. The rapport he tries to get going with Baptiste is brutal to watch. It’s so much trying to be Leno and Kevin Eubanks(?). It’s almost the same thing but just wicked weird. They leave Baptiste’s mic on the entire time and it’s just no good. Paul Shaffer worked cuz he was far from his mic so he’d only approach it if he had something to say. Paul Shaffer did the Ed MacMahon thing perfectly.

Right now I think Jimmy Fallon has the best sidekick, whatever that nerd’s name is. That guy is hilarious and I love them together.

I know Andy Richter is great but I never watch Conan 

Agreed on the Colbert and the playing it safe bit and the horrible awkward chem with Baptiste - I think the guy is going to be one of the best late night interviewers ever, he just needs to figure out how to pull the rest of the show around that.

Conan is great and every time I start watching I don't stop. But the wife doesn't dig him. So we end up flipping during the commercial and get caught up in some stupid Jimmy Fallon sing a long crap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney

More
13 Oct 2015 13:33 #212382 by Shellhead
I wasn't planning on watching the upcoming Marvel show about Jessica Jones, because I just hate the character. But I just found out that Krysten Ritter is playing Jessica, and I am a big fan of hers. Sure, she is attractive, but that's common enough in Hollywood. What impresses me about Ritter is her very expressive features and comedic timing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
13 Oct 2015 15:12 #212387 by hotseatgames

Tim Champlin wrote: I had started watching Battlestar Galactica when it was in netflix about a year and a half ago right before it was taken off. Luckily a friend of mine just let me borrow his boxed set so I will be able to watch it all the way through. Love it. It used to be hard for me to get excited enough about tv shows to watch it for hours and hours but now I've got some shows I'm really stoked about.

There may (or may not be ;)) a frakkin' toaster on the new season of Fargo.

More
13 Oct 2015 15:19 #212388 by Mr. White

Shellhead wrote: I wasn't planning on watching the upcoming Marvel show about Jessica Jones, because I just hate the character. But I just found out that Krysten Ritter is playing Jessica, and I am a big fan of hers. Sure, she is attractive, but that's common enough in Hollywood. What impresses me about Ritter is her very expressive features and comedic timing.

Shellhead, did you watch the Daredevil series?

I still have no idea who Jessica Jones is...

More
13 Oct 2015 15:22 #212389 by Mr. White

Black Barney wrote: Right now I think Jimmy Fallon has the best sidekick, whatever that nerd’s name is.

Blasphemy! That's Steve Higgins!

More
13 Oct 2015 15:52 - 13 Oct 2015 15:52 #212391 by boothwah
I love my wife and girls. I really am blessed to have these three lovely ladies in my life. But sometimes it is hard living with terminal estrogen poisoning. I've come to grips with never leaving a toilet seat up, ever. I've endured seasons of Glee, the Voice, Dancing with the Stars, The Paradise and other BBC crap...but this...

The Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris - this is the worst thing I've been forced to endure since Celebrity Game Night, which I thought was the new low bar in unwatchable television. Have you guys seen this drek? It's the worst version of everything. BLLARRGHGHGHGHGHG

/lock the door on the Man Cave
//Don't tell anyone, but I hid Bravo from our channel guide
///at least the youngest still thinks farts are funny
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 15:52 by boothwah. Reason: Grammar Pride Parade

More
13 Oct 2015 16:09 #212392 by Shellhead

Mr. White wrote:

Shellhead wrote: I wasn't planning on watching the upcoming Marvel show about Jessica Jones, because I just hate the character. But I just found out that Krysten Ritter is playing Jessica, and I am a big fan of hers. Sure, she is attractive, but that's common enough in Hollywood. What impresses me about Ritter is her very expressive features and comedic timing.

Shellhead, did you watch the Daredevil series?

I still have no idea who Jessica Jones is...

I haven't seen Daredevil yet, but I was a big DD fan even before Frank Miller's historic run, so I will definitely binge on it at some point.

Jessica Jones is Luke Cage's baby mama. Most of her appearances have been written by Brian Michael Bendis, who is far from my favorite writer.

More
13 Oct 2015 16:27 #212393 by Black Barney
Isn't Jessica Jones that super unfunny correspondent from The Daily Show?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds