October 09, 2023
2478 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2683 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
24 Apr 2019 20:36 #296026 by Gary Sax
More Al Swearengen is a good thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2019 21:18 #296029 by ChristopherMD
I've got whiskey and canned peaches ready.

More
25 Apr 2019 11:09 #296052 by Colorcrayons

Msample wrote:

SebastianBludd wrote: What We Do in the Shadows is four episodes into its first season - I'm one behind - and it's pretty good. It's done in the same mockumentary style as the movie, which was firmly in the Christopher Guest vein (pun not intended). The first two episodes were uneven - the LARPers = virgins joke was particularly uninspired - but the third episode, where the vampires get into a dispute with a group of local werewolves, was great. I would have liked to see Rhys Darby reprise his role from the movie as the werewolf alpha but Arj Barker (from Flight of the Conchords) is a more than suitable replacement.

I just hope they find out something more to do with Mark Proksch's energy vampire character (he doesn't bite anyone but saps their emotional energy) because he's a one-joke character right now and I feel like I've already seen everything interesting about him.

Also, WTF the Deadwood movie is actually coming out?!

Late May is the air date cocksucker !!

Sweargin! Cocksuckuh!

More
25 Apr 2019 11:22 #296053 by Sagrilarus
Halfway through season 3 of The Expanse. Good tv. So good that I have the audio book from my library queued up on my phone, due up next, will likely start it this weekend. I got lucky -- no one from my county was on the 120 person wait list, so I got to step right into a copy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
25 Apr 2019 11:32 #296057 by Gregarius

boothwah wrote: Not running from the knowledge, just never was interested in D&D&T&A.

Have I missed any HBO hits that don't have that "We are harder than R!" as their stylistic imprint?

1st season of True Detective? I didn't like it as much as most, but it had its moments.
I really liked The Night Of, but it was more of a one-off mini series.

More
25 Apr 2019 11:49 #296061 by Shellhead

Sagrilarus wrote: Halfway through season 3 of The Expanse. Good tv. So good that I have the audio book from my library queued up on my phone, due up next, will likely start it this weekend. I got lucky -- no one from my county was on the 120 person wait list, so I got to step right into a copy!

I enjoyed all three seasons of The Expanse, but I will also be satisfied if season three is the last. They picked a nice stopping point for the season, so there is no imminent cliffhanger to resolve, but there is also plenty to work with if a fourth season does happen.

More
25 Apr 2019 12:52 #296072 by RobertB

Shellhead wrote: I enjoyed all three seasons of The Expanse, but I will also be satisfied if season three is the last. They picked a nice stopping point for the season, so there is no imminent cliffhanger to resolve, but there is also plenty to work with if a fourth season does happen.

IMDB seems to think that there will be a fourth season. I know Amazon picked it up after SyFy dropped it.

More
25 Apr 2019 12:57 #296075 by BaronDonut
Have other True Detective fans seen this extremely dumb but shockingly well-produced video?

More
25 Apr 2019 13:14 #296080 by hotseatgames
I saw it, until the point where I had to turn it off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BaronDonut

More
25 Apr 2019 14:40 #296086 by GorillaGrody

BaronDonut wrote: Have other True Detective fans seen this extremely dumb but shockingly well-produced video?

I would like to say that this will be fueling my nightmares for tonight, but Ithink they started the minute the movie started and won’t end until I’m 46.

More
26 Apr 2019 01:26 #296101 by Gary Sax

Sagrilarus wrote: Halfway through season 3 of The Expanse. Good tv. So good that I have the audio book from my library queued up on my phone, due up next, will likely start it this weekend. I got lucky -- no one from my county was on the 120 person wait list, so I got to step right into a copy!

They're fun, easy reads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB

More
26 Apr 2019 11:23 #296117 by Shellhead
After watching the first episode of Hannibal season three, I was disappointed to see that Amazon Prime pulled the show from circulation. The timing seems odd, but I am a newcomer to this online streaming distribution model, so what do I know? It doesn't bother me much, because I recently saw season three at the public library, so I can check it out anyway. I looked around and found that Amazon has all five seasons of Boardwalk Empire, so I am finally watching season five. After the first episode, I am surprised that the only scenes with Eli are childhood flashbacks. Not much action so far, but there seems plenty of potential for mayhem this season.

More
26 Apr 2019 11:45 #296123 by RobertB

Shellhead wrote: After watching the first episode of Hannibal season three, I was disappointed to see that Amazon Prime pulled the show from circulation. The timing seems odd, but I am a newcomer to this online streaming distribution model, so what do I know? It doesn't bother me much, because I recently saw season three at the public library, so I can check it out anyway. I looked around and found that Amazon has all five seasons of Boardwalk Empire, so I am finally watching season five. After the first episode, I am surprised that the only scenes with Eli are childhood flashbacks. Not much action so far, but there seems plenty of potential for mayhem this season.

I've read that NBC is taking back a lot of its shows that are out there on Netflix, etc. They're getting ready to launch their own streaming service, and want their shows to be on their own service (a'la CBS).

More
26 Apr 2019 12:25 #296131 by Shellhead

RobertB wrote:

Shellhead wrote: After watching the first episode of Hannibal season three, I was disappointed to see that Amazon Prime pulled the show from circulation. The timing seems odd, but I am a newcomer to this online streaming distribution model, so what do I know? It doesn't bother me much, because I recently saw season three at the public library, so I can check it out anyway. I looked around and found that Amazon has all five seasons of Boardwalk Empire, so I am finally watching season five. After the first episode, I am surprised that the only scenes with Eli are childhood flashbacks. Not much action so far, but there seems plenty of potential for mayhem this season.

I've read that NBC is taking back a lot of its shows that are out there on Netflix, etc. They're getting ready to launch their own streaming service, and want their shows to be on their own service (a'la CBS).

That makes sense. However, I did log into my Amazon account today and saw that there seemed to be a way to move Hannibal season three back into my queue. Maybe it was a user error with my Roku tv.

More
27 Apr 2019 00:29 #296162 by dysjunct
I am torn between the competing facts that, in theory, I like the idea of lots of competition in any given industry, but in practice, I am never going to pay for more than one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: birdman37

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds