October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
09 Mar 2020 17:41 #307806 by Msample

Shellhead wrote: I've been unhappy with Al Pacino's acting for a long time now. He was amazing in multiple roles in the '70s, but by the mid-'90s, he seemed to be channeling Foghorn Leghorn. Shouting his lines and chewing the scenery like crazy. Except he turned in a nicely restrained role in Insomnia. But I agree that Pacino was really good in Hunters.

Its amazing how he and Deniro seemed to simultaneously start to phone in performances starting in the late 90s with very few exceptions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2020 22:59 #307813 by dysjunct

dysjunct wrote:

ChristopherMD wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

dysjunct wrote: Arrow season eight. It is getting weird with dimension hopping and time travel and so on. But it is fun and I’d rather a superhero show lean into the inherent goofiness of the genre than try to make it all edgy grimdark all the time.

I gave up on Arrow after season three because it seemed to be too much of a soap opera and Oliver's allies were all exasperating. When does it get better?

Its a CW teen soap with adults. It never gets better.

This is correct. The soap opera and exasperating allies are the good parts.

Update: they do an Arrowverse take on CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS which is cringy even by Arrowverse standards, and has a rousing speech that is reminiscent of nothing so much as a MY LITTLE PONY paean to the power of friendship.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
10 Mar 2020 09:20 #307816 by lj1983
Castlevania season 3. binged over the weekend. if you liked the first two seasons, 3 is more of it. to me, the story feels more like season 1...setting up for something big, less like season 2 which was all about the hunt for Dracula.

More
12 Mar 2020 06:51 #307912 by mc
Replied by mc on topic What TV SHOWS are you watching?
Babylon Berlin, third season.
I was .... annoyed, I guess, at the way it ended, season 2 that is. Kind of overblown. Everything else was great though. Stylish, detailed, lots of good stuff if you know the period. Only watched one episode of this latest season, was feeling a bit "murder of the week"ish, but there were some great scenes and set pieces, stylish, like I said. At one point you had Charlotte going for her police exam and answering questions about the method of crime scene investigation, and the real one occuring was cut in. Cute, but, the pulled it off nicely. But yeah, murder of the week, and then, bam, WTF psychological bit. Good stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
12 Mar 2020 14:57 #307951 by Sagrilarus

mc wrote: Babylon Berlin, third season.
I was .... annoyed, I guess, at the way it ended, season 2 that is. Kind of overblown. Everything else was great though. Stylish, detailed, lots of good stuff if you know the period. Only watched one episode of this latest season, was feeling a bit "murder of the week"ish, but there were some great scenes and set pieces, stylish, like I said. At one point you had Charlotte going for her police exam and answering questions about the method of crime scene investigation, and the real one occuring was cut in. Cute, but, the pulled it off nicely. But yeah, murder of the week, and then, bam, WTF psychological bit. Good stuff.

Enjoyed first two seasons, didn't know about the third. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone hit season 2 of Altered Carbon?

More
12 Mar 2020 15:03 #307952 by Turek

Sagrilarus wrote: Anyone hit season 2 of Altered Carbon?

Not very good. Falcon Takeshi sucks.

More
12 Mar 2020 15:21 #307955 by charlest
Yeah AC season 2 is a little dull honestly.

More
12 Mar 2020 15:23 #307956 by Shellhead

charlest wrote: Yeah AC season 2 is a little dull honestly.

That's disappointing to hear. The second book was easily the best book in the Altered Carbon trilogy.

More
12 Mar 2020 15:49 #307959 by hotseatgames
I haven't started season 2 but haven't heard anything good yet. Next week an anime launches for it on Netflix.

More
12 Mar 2020 16:26 - 12 Mar 2020 16:27 #307963 by Turek

Shellhead wrote: The second book was easily the best book in the Altered Carbon trilogy.

Yeah, I like it very much too.
But story in season 2 is weird combination of book 2 and 3 with lots of new ideas.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2020 16:27 by Turek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Road Judge

More
15 Mar 2020 01:26 #308065 by hotseatgames
Kingdom season 2 dropped on Netflix, and it is fucking rad. This show is not to be missed. Ancient China + Game of Thrones + zombies. It's gorgeous and just all around great. Check it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, trif, BillyBobThwarton

More
15 Mar 2020 12:29 #308074 by Gary Sax
I'll check that out, thanks.

More
15 Mar 2020 17:39 #308089 by trif

hotseatgames wrote: Kingdom season 2 dropped on Netflix, and it is fucking rad. This show is not to be missed. Ancient China + Game of Thrones + zombies. It's gorgeous and just all around great. Check it out.

It's medieval Korea (specifically a few years after the Japanese invasion) but otherwise I concur.

I'm so used to Netflix shows dragging their feet that it's refreshing to see one that leaves you winded at the end of an episode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
15 Mar 2020 18:03 #308093 by hotseatgames

trif wrote:

hotseatgames wrote: Kingdom season 2 dropped on Netflix, and it is fucking rad. This show is not to be missed. Ancient China + Game of Thrones + zombies. It's gorgeous and just all around great. Check it out.

It's medieval Korea (specifically a few years after the Japanese invasion).

Oops! Thanks for correcting me.

More
16 Mar 2020 08:31 #308106 by hotseatgames
To those who have finished season 2 of Kingdom, I have a question:
Warning: Spoiler!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds