March 18, 2020
1169 0

Kingdom Death Cult

Rants & Raves
W
WadeMonnig
March 18, 2020
690 1
× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
16 Mar 2020 10:12 #308110 by WadeMonnig
Finished Years and Years (BBC and HBO). Amazing and emotional.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2020 10:22 #308111 by RobertB
My daughter has decided we're watching Avatar: The Last Airbender again; the awesome Nickelodeon series, not the shitty movie. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. Not sure where it streams from, because we have the DVDs - Disney+ would be my guess.

More
16 Mar 2020 11:02 #308118 by Nodens

RobertB wrote: My daughter has decided we're watching Avatar: The Last Airbender again; the awesome Nickelodeon series, not the shitty movie. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. Not sure where it streams from, because we have the DVDs - Disney+ would be my guess.

Same here, that show is truly great and I think I never saw ALL of it, so very welcome. Comes to us through Netflix.

More
19 Mar 2020 09:55 #308299 by Shellhead
Finally started watching season four of The Expanse. I was sort of dreading watching it, because I was getting tired of some of the characters in season three, especially Jim Holden. But I am surprised to find that I am really enjoying season four so far, after three episodes. The main characters are so well defined that I can often anticipate exactly what they are about to do, but the story still offers some twists and turns. On the down side, I still sometimes miss bits of dialogue due to the way the sound is mixed. Thought it was just me, but a google search indicates that other Expanse viewers are also having this problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, Msample

More
19 Mar 2020 11:17 #308302 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic What TV SHOWS are you watching?
All you HUNTERS aficionados should read MOONGLOW by Michael Chabon if you want some well-written insight on Operation Paperclip and all that. It's excellent.

We're re-watching SEINFELD with the older kids. The show was so clunky in the first few episodes I am amazed it got another shot.

More
19 Mar 2020 16:18 #308327 by hotseatgames
I'm enjoying season 3 of Castlevania on Netflix.

More
23 Mar 2020 22:00 #308509 by Shellhead
Still watching The Expanse season four. One thing that bothered about the earlier seasons was that the story often seemed like it was on rails. Meaning that the plot often seemed inevitable, and all the choices made by the characters seemed obvious or meaningless. Maybe that's my DM instincts rebelling against taking away agency from the characters. So I liked that season four wasn't apparently on rails, but now it's mid-season and the rails are in sight. But maybe it's deliberate this time, because it is starting to look very much like the humans on the planet are being railroaded by the force behind the proto-molecule. If so, that is okay with me, because then it's not about limits imposed on the storytelling, but actually a feature of the story itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, Msample

More
25 Mar 2020 14:22 #308576 by lj1983

hotseatgames wrote: I'm enjoying season 3 of Castlevania on Netflix.

it's good.

Season 3(2? whichever Stardust Crusaders is...) of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, squeezed in around anything the kids want to watch on Disney +.

what a freaking weird show. but it's addicting.

More
25 Mar 2020 15:35 #308580 by hotseatgames
I'm watching JoJo as well. I even named my Animal Crossing island Dio.

More
26 Mar 2020 22:17 #308625 by ChristopherMD
Picard finale was great. Looking forward to next season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds