October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
22 Jul 2022 13:03 #334404 by Virabhadra
New season of WWDITS, new season of Solar Opposites, and my girlfriend turned me on to this little sci-fi show called Fringe. They pair well with all the tree branches I've been painting, which... is not the most interesting hobby project in the world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2022 14:03 #334405 by Disgustipater

Virabhadra wrote: New season of WWDITS, new season of Solar Opposites

I was really excited for What We Do in the Shadows to return, but I’ve felt it’s been a little slow.
I’ve found my continued interest in Solar Opposites relies entirely on the Wall side story.

More
22 Jul 2022 15:54 #334410 by Virabhadra
I love it wholesale despite feeling like the Wall bits were the weakest part of the first season. I like what I've seen of the new season so far, especially the infinite slip'n'slide.

More
22 Jul 2022 16:20 - 22 Jul 2022 16:21 #334412 by Shellhead
I saw the preview for House of the Dragon, but I didn't see a compelling reason to watch it. However, I have been watching season two of FBoy Island, a fun and trashy reality tv show on HBO. So far, the only significant difference from the first season is that they brought back at least three of the FBoys from season one to dial up the drama level. Two of them claim to be reformed and looking for love instead of money this time, while the other remains a cartoonishly unrepentant villain. Comedian Nikki Glaser is the amusing host, so I also gave her HBO comedy special a try. It's funny, but often disgusting.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2022 16:21 by Shellhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
22 Jul 2022 16:54 #334413 by the_jake_1973
We are unrepentant consumers of trashy reality telly. FBoy Island is silly and does not take itself seriously. Enjoyable and also garbage like Andy Capp Hot Fries.

More
26 Jul 2022 11:32 #334513 by Cranberries
I’m watching The Gray Man and I can’t tell apart the two women agents with short black hair. It’s confusing.

More
26 Jul 2022 11:38 #334514 by Gary Sax
I finished The Bear on Hulu. Good show, well acted. Won't think much more about it. Will watch season 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tin0men

More
26 Jul 2022 13:54 #334516 by RobertB

Cranberries wrote: I’m watching The Gray Man and I can’t tell apart the two women agents with short black hair. It’s confusing.

If she's beating someone up, she's a good guy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, jason10mm, Nodens

More
26 Jul 2022 14:01 #334517 by RobertB

the_jake_1973 wrote: We are unrepentant consumers of trashy reality telly. FBoy Island is silly and does not take itself seriously. Enjoyable and also garbage like Andy Capp Hot Fries.

My daughter convinced me to watch Love Island (the original UK version). I think I've said it here before, if you think British Accent == Smart, this show will break you of that. And three shows were about enough to cross Love Island off the bucket list.

I'm not sure 'trashy' fits the description, but in the reality TV department we're working our way through season 3 of Blown Away. I mean, who doesn't want to be a glassblower.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
26 Jul 2022 15:05 #334518 by the_jake_1973
It is a very specific English accent that comes off as intelligent. The chavs on Love Island do not have that particular private school accent. lol

Blown Away is fantastic. That skill is magic like the potter's skill.

More
26 Jul 2022 15:42 #334520 by RobertB
I thought some did, some didn't.

I read somewhere a while back that there were more distinct English accents within 50 miles of the center of London than there were in the entire United States.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
26 Jul 2022 17:22 #334521 by Jackwraith
Watch enough football/soccer (matches and commentary) and that will cure you of the "English accent = smart" perception right quick. Also remember that their version of Trumpanzees pushed the nation into Brexit, which will be looked back upon for decades as the faceplanting disaster that it is. There's stupid people everywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
27 Jul 2022 09:05 #334528 by jason10mm

RobertB wrote: I thought some did, some didn't.

I read somewhere a while back that there were more distinct English accents within 50 miles of the center of London than there were in the entire United States.

I read somewhere that the london accent circa the time of Shakespeare is thought to be better preserved in Boston than in England today. So now I try to imagine Hamlet with a thick Bostonian accent instead of the clipped nasal english we hear it today, VERY different experience, let me tell you :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, mezike, sornars, the_jake_1973, Gregarius

More
27 Jul 2022 16:20 #334552 by Sagrilarus

RobertB wrote: I thought some did, some didn't.

British people say that. But my experience when I was there was that none of them can tell one American accent frim another, so I'm suspicious they lump us all into just a couple of groups.

More
28 Jul 2022 10:40 #334575 by RobertB
A deeper dive into US dialects than you were probably interested in: aschmann.net/AmEng/ .

So we don't totally lose the thread - American Ninja Warriors. My wife loves this, and I can surf the internet while it's on. The most entertaining part for me right now is watching the 16-year-old kids tearing through the course. They don't know it's supposed to be hard.

America's Got Talent - if you have to take care of your in-laws, be sure to lock them in a room or else stuff like this ends up on your TV. Occasionally someone interesting shows up, but at the audition level it's mostly mediocre singers, mediocre comedians, and dance acts.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.618 seconds