October 09, 2023
2487 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

FINALLY

More
08 Dec 2011 18:07 #109597 by tscook
FINALLY was created by tscook
STEAMPUNK IS FINALLY FUCKING DEAD

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2011 18:20 #109598 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re: FINALLY
Halafuckinlooya.

What's going to become of all those fake guns made from brass candlesticks and HVAC parts?

More
08 Dec 2011 18:26 #109599 by tscook
Replied by tscook on topic Re: FINALLY
THE SOUND OF THOUSANDS OF SHITTY ETSY STORES CLOSING SIMULTANEOUSLY.

More
08 Dec 2011 18:32 #109600 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: FINALLY
Mr. Bieber would do well to not surround himself with people so good at their chosen professions. He looks like a traffic cop no one is paying attention to.

This is running in front of Arthur's Christmas in theaters.

S.

More
08 Dec 2011 18:35 #109601 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic Re: FINALLY
Is his voice cracking ~1:16?

More
08 Dec 2011 21:09 #109606 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: FINALLY
Wait I don't get it. When does the part where the Jagerkin break in and kill everyone happen?

More
08 Dec 2011 21:51 #109611 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re: FINALLY

Sagrilarus wrote: Mr. Bieber would do well to not surround himself with people so good at their chosen professions. He looks like a traffic cop no one is paying attention to.

This is running in front of Arthur's Christmas in theaters.

S.

So that's Justin Bieber. Wasn't that the musician discovered on Youtube or something. So why is he releasing shitty covers with his voice remixed to shit where he isn't actually playing an instrument?
I don't get it, what made this chump stand out from the rest of the you-tube crowd.

He can't even dance. The clip maybe an elephant abortion, but the clockwork dancing was excellent - but he is just there swinging his arms. Michael Jackson was never dumb enough to get outdanced by the backing talent.

More
09 Dec 2011 00:19 #109618 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: FINALLY

Mr Skeletor wrote:
So that's Justin Bieber. Wasn't that the musician discovered on Youtube or something. So why is he releasing shitty covers with his voice remixed to shit where he isn't actually playing an instrument?
I don't get it, what made this chump stand out from the rest of the you-tube crowd.

He can't even dance. The clip maybe an elephant abortion, but the clockwork dancing was excellent - but he is just there swinging his arms. Michael Jackson was never dumb enough to get outdanced by the backing talent.

My wife's theory is this -- Americans like rooting for losers with no talent because it comforts them to think someone like themselves can make a million dollars for a weekend's work.

He's releasing his own line of perfume.

S.

More
09 Dec 2011 00:56 #109619 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re: FINALLY
Golly, I wonder why he became so popular.

It's like you lot are working overtime to convince yourselves you're not gay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Fallen

More
09 Dec 2011 01:10 - 09 Dec 2011 01:15 #109620 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: FINALLY
Justein Beiber is famous because every early and pre-teen girl wants to take his manliness in them, or think they do anyway.

He's not totally untalented though. He's a mediocre drummer. My wife said; "Pria (her neice) showed me a video and he's a really good drummer."

"No hon" I said, "He's a really great drummer for a useless pop star but the bar is severely lowered because none of the others drum at all." Apparently he played jazz drums before he was famous, this is the excuse people use to defend his "talent".

What they don't realize is that every drum teacher out there has a handful of students who can play basic jazz drums and will accompany them one night a year.

But he is a really, really shitty singer and dancer. But in my day we had awesome people like MJ and Prince but we also had no talent hacks like Madonna. Who dances like a shitty stripper, can barely sing, and can't write a song to save her life. So my generation is no better.

EDIT: I haven't listened to this track here and I won't. I heard the first few seconds, didn't realize it was Beiber but was convinced I needed to hear no more. Just boring shit.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2011 01:15 by OldHippy.

More
09 Dec 2011 02:36 - 09 Dec 2011 02:39 #109624 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Replied by Ancient_of_MuMu on topic Re: FINALLY
I realized Steampunk was a year or so from hitting the mainstream when it appeared in a tv crime show my wife watched last year (I think it might have been "Castle").

But you guys are all haters anyway. I love the steampunk aesthetic, mainly because of my teen obsession with the steampunkish Games Workshop Warhammer world. Just because it is hitting the mainstream doesn't mean it isn't cool. Just as nerds and geeks sometimes get cool right and wrong, sometimes the mainstream gets it right (Star Wars, Michael Jackson) and sometimes gets it really wrong (are there people who go to "Independence Day" conventions now that 15 years have passed since its triumphant release).

Since The Matrix is cyberpunk dead too, or am I still allowed to like that? Luckily the mainstream doesn't know about Quixote-punk yet.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2011 02:39 by Ancient_of_MuMu.

More
09 Dec 2011 04:41 #109628 by tscook
Replied by tscook on topic Re: FINALLY
I GUESS YOU CAN HAVE FUNCTIONLESS COGS TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT BRO.

More
09 Dec 2011 04:48 #109629 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: FINALLY
Hugo looks like it might be interesting and it certainly seems to have some steampunk elements. Nothing is dead, everything is in the execution.

More
10 Dec 2011 07:15 #109691 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: FINALLY
Steampunk can't be dead quite yet since the first book in the Clockwork Century series was just optioned and is supposed to go into production next year. 'Cuz, clearly, the movie world was truly lacking a little something in the steampunk zombie genre.... (The books aren't bad--or at least, I've read far worse in both the zombie and steampunk categories, anyway....)

More
10 Dec 2011 12:52 #109694 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: FINALLY

Dogmatix wrote: Steampunk can't be dead quite yet since the first book in the Clockwork Century series was just optioned and is supposed to go into production next year. 'Cuz, clearly, the movie world was truly lacking a little something in the steampunk zombie genre.... (The books aren't bad--or at least, I've read far worse in both the zombie and steampunk categories, anyway....)

Agreed. They're fun adventure books.

And you know my motto...if you can't have fun, punch yourself in the balls.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds