October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Rad music in TV shows

More
18 May 2018 04:54 #273569 by Nodens
Rad music in TV shows was created by Nodens

Southernman wrote: I really enjoy the soundtracks in the episodes (always make sure my AV tuner/amp is switched in for it) as well with some fascinating part tracks being put in by a Jeff Russo (never heard of him before), versions of White Room and Burning Down the House as recent ones.

This comment about Legion made me wonder: what TV show music have you heard that made you go find that song, research the artist etc.?

Aside from great theme songs like in True Detective, The Sopranos or BoJack Horseman, the whole music collection for Good Behavior is brilliant, sometimes mindblowing.
What stood out for you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2018 06:04 #273573 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Rad music in TV shows
Carrying on from that comment of mine Season 1 of Legion had awesome tracks through it.

Recently The Blacklist has had some decent music in some of its episodes that was more about giving the scene atmosphere rather than being great music (although it seemed to work both ways for me) - Sounds of Silence by Disturbed, Ring of Fire by Wall of VooDoo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
18 May 2018 06:14 - 18 May 2018 06:15 #273574 by sornars
Replied by sornars on topic Rad music in TV shows
Person of Interest introduced me to The Glitch Mob which was a pleasant discovery . The song Fortune Days plays repeatedly through the episode: If-Then-Else (which is a great episode of the show) and really built a nice connection to the song.

Last edit: 18 May 2018 06:15 by sornars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Nodens

More
18 May 2018 07:34 #273576 by Michael Barnes
Best recent needle drop- Kate Bush’s “This Woman’s Work” in the Handmaid’s Tale.

Also an eyebrow-raiser- Fad Gadget’s “Back to Nature” in Stranger Things.

More
18 May 2018 08:29 #273578 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Rad music in TV shows
I have a lot of Johnny Flynn's music thanks to it being used on Detectorists.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, SebastianBludd, Nodens, OhBollox

More
18 May 2018 08:56 #273579 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Rad music in TV shows
I'm a big fan of the '90s alternative piano renditions in Westworld.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Nodens

More
18 May 2018 09:00 #273580 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Rad music in TV shows
The Wire, Justified, and Bosch all had good theme songs.

More
18 May 2018 09:13 #273587 by mc
Replied by mc on topic Rad music in TV shows
When I was watching Treme I'd spend ages after each episode tracking down stuff.

I think the only other show that came close to that for me was Ashes to Ashes, the one about that time travelling cop. Not anywhere near the same volume though and I was familiar with most of it already.

Someone reccomended The Get Down to me and I haven't looked at it yet but I imagine it will be in the same ballpark.

More
18 May 2018 09:14 #273588 by ChristopherMD
Also have the Firefly soundtrack to listen to while playing Firefly The Game and the Deep Space Nine soundtrack if I ever get to play my copy of Star Trek Ascension.

More
18 May 2018 09:36 #273593 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Rad music in TV shows
The first time I went looking for music from a tv show was Homicide, either season three or four. It was an odd retro noir style episode centered on a seedy motel on the outskirts of Baltimore, and featured "In Your Wildest Dreams," a haunting track by The Reverend Horton Heat. Since then, I have noticed plenty of other good songs on various tv shows, and the internet has made it easy to track them down.

More
18 May 2018 09:39 #273594 by Shellhead

sornars wrote: Person of Interest introduced me to The Glitch Mob which was a pleasant discovery . The song Fortune Days plays repeatedly through the episode: If-Then-Else (which is a great episode of the show) and really built a nice connection to the song.

Thanks to YouTube, I randomly encountered The Glitch Mob. I love their song Between Two Points, but otherwise wasn't really into that album, Drink the Sea. I will give them another try.

More
18 May 2018 09:42 #273595 by Shellhead

ChristopherMD wrote: Also have the Firefly soundtrack to listen to while playing Firefly The Game and the Deep Space Nine soundtrack if I ever get to play my copy of Star Trek Ascension.

I pimp out my favorite games by burning soundtracks for them. The Firefly soundtrack is too short for the Firefly game, so I padded it out with 2 additional discs worth of music, mostly folk or alt-country. Because the individual tracks on the Firefly soundtrack are typically multiple and distinctly different short pieces, I tended to alternate tracks. One Firefly track followed by two other tracks, repeat.

More
18 May 2018 09:48 #273596 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Rad music in TV shows

mc wrote: I think the only other show that came close to that for me was Ashes to Ashes, the one about that time travelling cop. Not anywhere near the same volume though and I was familiar with most of it already.

The original British series had a lot of good Brit 80s music all through it and its predecessor, Life on Mars, was probably to same for 70s music but I can't remember now.

More
18 May 2018 09:59 #273597 by ChristopherMD

Shellhead wrote:

ChristopherMD wrote: Also have the Firefly soundtrack to listen to while playing Firefly The Game and the Deep Space Nine soundtrack if I ever get to play my copy of Star Trek Ascension.

I pimp out my favorite games by burning soundtracks for them. The Firefly soundtrack is too short for the Firefly game, so I padded it out with 2 additional discs worth of music, mostly folk or alt-country. Because the individual tracks on the Firefly soundtrack are typically multiple and distinctly different short pieces, I tended to alternate tracks. One Firefly track followed by two other tracks, repeat.

I usually start the game with the Firefly & Serenity soundtracks then switch over to my default gaming music, Pink Floyd.

More
18 May 2018 11:09 #273612 by Shellhead

ChristopherMD wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

I usually start the game with the Firefly & Serenity soundtracks then switch over to my default gaming music, Pink Floyd.

I'm fond of Pink Floyd. I think that I put Fearless on disc 3 of my Firefly soundtrack.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds