October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Judge Dredd gay........ WTF

More
28 Jan 2013 19:36 #142632 by Black Barney
Can we all just agree that the best part of being bisexual is that you literally double your chances of finding a date on a Saturday night?

Hatchling wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Everyone is either one or the other or should be able to identify themselves with one or the other.

The problem isn't that people are not inclined to identify with one or the other. The problem starts when from a very early age everyone around him or her denies that self-identification. Growing up in that kind of conflict about one's very identity and intimate relations has a profound psychological impact. Sorting things out afterwards is extremely difficult, and can involve everything from deep therapy, to sex-reassignment surgery, to self-imposed social isolation, and so on. Brutal.

Thanks for this. I'll be the first to admit I'm quite ignorant when it comes to this topic. As much as I want to see the world in blue and pink, there is clearly some purple.

I think the problem you're talking about is never going to go away unless the child has some perfect parents. No schoolyard in the world is going to give that kid a free pass when just having freckles or red hair is enough to get you a free swirly (preferably not chocolate).

You said it best. Brutal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Hatchling, OldHippy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2013 19:42 #142635 by OldHippy

Black Barney wrote: Can we all just agree that the best part of being bisexual is that you literally double your chances of finding a date on a Saturday night?

Sounds like a nightmare to me. That would double the pent up frustration I have on a regular basis. I literally could not beat off enough to keep up with my evil, evil brain and it's stupid desires.

Luis Bunuel said it best: "If Mephistopheles himself were to emerge from the depths of hell and offer me all the libido of my youth I'd tell that fire demon to go back to hell... but could he spare an extra liver and lungs before he left?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, SuperflyPete

More
28 Jan 2013 19:56 - 28 Jan 2013 20:12 #142639 by SuperflyPete

tscook wrote:

scissors wrote: TS Cook, your hard on for Superfly Pete is showing ... how many threads is it now?

Not my fault he is chronically wrong.

Funny how you and Matt preach from the bully pulpit so often, saying you're always right, and and then accuse others of being closed minded without even understanding what they're saying. What a couple of caricatures. It's as if you two jokers think hat being the loudest and most indignant somehow makes you unassailably right. I support the cause of liberty above all else, debate the fact that language is important and if people want to redefine terms they need to be clear...and I'm the one who's the asshole?

Being an advocate requires you understand both what you're talking about as well as being able to clearly express your views. At least Matt in all his chest thumping bravado has the intellect to speak intelligently about something. All you seem to do is be able to talk shit without backing up a damned thing or positing a clear argument on anything,
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 20:12 by SuperflyPete.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:07 #142643 by Dair
Pete, maybe you wouldn't be seen as an asshole if you didn't pepper your discourse with ad hominem attacks.

I think JJ is right, and there is truth on both sides of this, but you and tscook make it hard to take either of you seriously, because of the vitriolic attacks.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:10 #142644 by Bull Nakano

SuperflyTNT wrote: Actually, there is no such thing as a homosexual person, any more than there is such a thing as a heterosexual person.

I was going to continue responding, but this post just made it impossible. People are not classified by the government, or by sociologists, they do it themselves in an effort to find others like them.

You politically self identify as a libertarian, let's for the sake of argument say you identify as a male in gender (I just don't know, and won't assume outright). How would you feel if you were told you were not a libertarian because you can't be? How would you feel if you were told you had to identify as a female because someone other than yourself decided you did?

You don't need to answer because I'm out, but my answer to those would be "pretty fucking oppressed". Your posts reek of entitlement and privilege, but you seem open to having the conversation which I think is cool at least.

Not knowing you you strike me as a very 'live and let live' personality, but you're still subtly being part of the problem, you're not opposing people directly, you're oppressing them with your expectations of how they can express themselves, and I hope you can see that.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:22 #142645 by SuperflyPete
Bull, that wasn't me, that was Gore Vidal. I just happen to agree with his assertion on the basis that people define themselves to do just what you said: fit in, when the whole idea of fitting in, or really, being compelled to do so by society, just kind of rubs me wrong. Another point of agreement with Gore.

Now for your point about libertarianism. It's a bad example because nobody's trying to change the word to mean something else. But how would I feel? I wouldn't care, because they'd be wrong. I would argue my point until it was clear they had another agenda going on, and then I'd walk.

You seem to be stuck on the idea that I'm against the IDEA of gender differences or redefining it. I, for the life of me, can't understand where the fuck you got that. I am NOT. I am in favor of having a clear definition of the word GENDER, whether that's in reference to sexuality or anatomy. My entire point on the whole matter, all this time, has been that it's confusing to use gender as both sex and sexuality interchangeably. I don't care if there's 2, 10, or 100 "genders" (to mean either sexuality or gender identity) but what I do care about is that they're defined so that when someone brings it up, everyone is on the same page.

"Entitlement" and "privalege"? You are absolutely crazy. I grew up a minority in a poor ass neigborhood where I was spit on and fought daily. Dirt fucking poor. I clawed my ass up for everything I have and I hate bigotry and racism while understanding that there are differences to be REVERED between us.

I do have a live and let live personality, and I reiterate that I AM NOT OPPOSING ANYONE other than people who can't seem to understand that words have meaning and that if you want to change the lexicon, do so, but do it so that words have meaning and are widely understood to mean what you say they mean.

If I look up "Gender" in the dictionary and it has become an synonym for both sex AND sexuality, and people use it interchangeably in the same context, it is absolutely confusing. And it doesn't do a service to people striving to embrace their own sexuality because they're obfuscating who they are by not being clear.

I have no expressions on how people express themselves. You still don't get it. I can't believe after 3 pages of posts you're not seeing what I'm saying. The point is EXPRESS YOURSELF CLEARLY SO THAT PEOPLE THAT AREN'T LIKE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING SAYING. IT's really THAT SIMPLE.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:27 #142647 by SuperflyPete
And I'll add, that I'm all done here. I find it incredibly humorous that Cook, Loter, and Bull seem to be the only people who didn't clearly understand that I wasn't advocating anything other than CLARITY.

Dair: As an aside, I didn't start a damned thing and I didn't attack anyone except cook, who started it. So, fuck his ignorant ass.

More
28 Jan 2013 21:23 #142653 by tscook
GENDER DOESN'T REFER TO SEXUALITY OR ANATOMY.

More
28 Jan 2013 21:47 #142657 by SuperflyPete
noun
1 [mass noun] the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones):
traditional concepts of gender
[count noun] the members of one or other sex:
differences between the genders are encouraged from an early age

I understand that, Cook. What I am saying is that using the word interchangeably with gender identity and then using "transgender" to describe a person whose gender identity goes against the gender identity that is associated with their sex causes confusion because it assigns the word "gender" the meaning of "sex".

But I'd guess that you haven't caught on yet, despite 3 pages of posts, that is exactly (and all) that I am saying.

More
29 Jan 2013 01:24 #142682 by Sevej
Come on guys it's clear you're not going to agree with each other. Go back to your trees and fuck yourselves.

More
29 Jan 2013 02:28 #142687 by Schweig!

SuperflyTNT wrote: Actually, there is no such thing as a homosexual person, any more than there is such a thing as a heterosexual person. The words are adjectives describing sexual acts, not people.

They describe sexual attraction.

Black Barney wrote: Can we all just agree that the best part of being bisexual is that you literally double your chances of finding a date on a Saturday night?

I believe the rate of women going out who are single tends to be lower than the rate of men going out who are single.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds