Short Cut to Remote Gaming Forum (29 Aug 2020)
Since remote gaming has now become a significant part of how we play board games, we have added a short cut to this forum in the menu on the left.
You can now pre-order my book
Get in now before it's decried by the whole gaming community for its rubbish content, and copies of it get passed around next year's Secret Satan like they're red-hot dog dirt.
The description on Amazon isn't terribly enlightening, so here's what's written on the back of the book:
"The Tabletop Gaming Manual will guide you through all aspects of games, from popular and traditional through to role playing and miniatures. It includes specific and specialist information for each area, appealing to the enthusiast market and serious gamer, but also to the curious beginner.
- A history of board games, ancient and modern.
- A brief overview of the hottest games on the market.
- How to pick, purchase and put away games for your collection.
- A hands-on guide to expanding and improving game components.
- Step-by-step guides to painting, modelling and sculpting your own miniatures.
- An exploration and explanation of popular gameplay mechanics.
- Designing and publishing your own games and variants."
Black Barney wrote: Yay Matt, congrats!
I’m tempted to buy it just to see which FATties got mentionned in the Thank You section
Exactly one. If you want to know which one, you'll have to buy a copy. Or, y'know, just ask someone else who owns one.
I can't resist mentioning that those Space Marines on the cover I painted when I was about 14. If I'd have known where they'd end up, I might have taken more care.