October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Heavy Metal magazine....some help needed

More
03 Oct 2018 12:42 - 03 Oct 2018 14:41 #282655 by ThirstyMan
I ordered a subscription to be sent to my daughter in NY state 18 months ago. Money taken nothing arrived.

Here is the history

Hi Andy - it's been forwarded to accounting and they will be correcting. 28 July (Sent by HM)

They say they think it was sent but nothing has been received. I checked the address and it is fine. Wasn't there some kind of mix up with the distributors about a year ago where they weren't delivering some items triggering you to change distributors? (Sent by me)

2 month gap, no reply

So I post this on their comicon FB page yesterday

Well, if anyone is going please give them a piece of my mind. No replies to endless emails, a years subscription not one of which was delivered and the initial response was to imply that it must be my fault. Let's show them what we think of their truly appalling customer service.

Their response was this:

Hi Andy - we noticed that you have been making claims on the page about non-receipt of a subscription. While we gave you information to sort out the situation, we do not appreciate the continued claims. So you understand, in over 10,000 subscriptions every issue we have 3 problems and one typically turns out to be an expired subscription. Your subscription shows as sent to the address you provided for the issues you paid for. Even so, our accounting is diligent about resolving the issues and there should be no problem getting you what you paid for if it truly didn't arrive. If that isn't sufficient, we can send you a refund. But we ask that you no longer instigate action against the company or its staff at public appearances as it has created safety concerns for the people working there.

My immediate response:

It is shocking that it takes this kind of action to get any kind of response from you at all. So let us talk practically. I have not received any of the subscriptions at the address given. My daughter has diligently asked her neighbour, in case it was delivered erroneously to a nearby apartment. It was not. I would like to see the dispatch receipts please. If you are unable to do this, then send the copies I paid for to the address requested. The fact I have to harass the company online is outrageous - all from your lack of action when this issue should have been sorted out months ago when you were first alerted to the fact. You have pushed me to a position where I do not want to be, due to your total lack of actioning this case. PLEASE do something about it and provide me with a scan of the dispatch receipts for all issues sent to this address. I am going through you because your accounts dept do not respond to repetitive emails. PLEASE action this.

I will post my responses to you online if action is not taken every time you post updates.

Theirs:

Andy - We're sorry, but instigating other people to acost our staff in public is not warranted or tolerable and creates an unsafe enviornment for our staff. Unfortunately, you dont seem to understand what kind of harm this can cause, but please do not follow our page any longer. We will see to it that you are issued a refund.

All contact immediately cut. I sent this but I doubt it was received

So you will not be providing scanned dispatch receipts? I did NOT at any time advocate violence. I said show them a piece of your mind. I want people to engage YOUR company and understand why you allow things to get to this level on a perfectly simple business transaction. You and your company have upset my daughter by implying it is her fault and I detect no level of apology in your responses to this awful correspondence. I will continue to post until you resolve the situation. I will also act to communicate with other posters on your site up to the point where I receive product or a refund. You will forgive me for not accepting your word on the refund given the total silence over the last few months. I have contacted colleagues on other forums and copied your correspondence to me. I do hope they ask you about it at comicon. Luckily, they are as non violent as I am. For future reference, blaming the customer and taking no action on legitimate complaints is very likely to raise their hackles. Talking to your staff is NOT an offence nor is this anything to do with violence or advocating it which I certainly do not. Perhaps your customer training could emphasise this in dealing with complaints from customers.

Good God. 28th July was the last time your 'accounting dept' contacted me and you think this is acceptable?

Rant, rant can anyone help who is going to ComiCon?
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 14:41 by ThirstyMan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2018 13:49 #282659 by hotseatgames
Did you get your money back yet? Also, in this thread I learned that Heavy Metal still exists. Or does it....

More
03 Oct 2018 13:52 #282660 by Count Orlok
Did you pay by credit card? It may be possible to contest the charge with them.

More
03 Oct 2018 14:39 - 03 Oct 2018 14:39 #282661 by ThirstyMan
Unlikely from outside the country. Order placed 18 months ago.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 14:39 by ThirstyMan.

More
03 Oct 2018 16:10 #282664 by ChristopherMD
Did you get the refund? They offered it in every reply and honestly that's all I'd care about not their customer service skills. Taking your money away damages them more than harsh words at a con will.

More
03 Oct 2018 16:26 #282666 by SuperflyPete
Depends on how loud and irate you are. Shit, maybe he can get them to hit him and we can get him 60K on a GoFundMe

More
03 Oct 2018 16:27 #282667 by SuperflyPete
And for what it’s worth, I ordered a guitar magazine from UK 6 months ago and haven’t gotten Dick so maybe it’s a UK thing?

More
03 Oct 2018 16:48 #282670 by Shellhead

SuperflyTNT wrote: And for what it’s worth, I ordered a guitar magazine from UK 6 months ago and haven’t gotten Dick so maybe it’s a UK thing?

It would be Spotted Dick if it's a UK thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete, Colorcrayons

More
04 Oct 2018 10:49 #282693 by ThirstyMan
They refunded via Paypal yesterday so situation resolved but only after threatening their ComiCon Facebook page.

They refused to send me a scan of dispatch receipts (this would be hard to do if they never actually sent the mags) but 'after consideration' realised that the best approach was a refund.

This after 2 months of silence.

How strange that the refund coincided with me spamming their ComiCon page.

Here's what I said via email after promising me that the magazines were sent:

Please send me a scan of the relevant dispatch notices on the dates they were allegedly sent.

To be fair, I need a little more than 'your word' that they were sent given that you have been out of contact for 2 months. This email could not have been sent two months ago?

My daughter is upset by this response

I don't see any reason on our end for her to have not received them.

She is upset by this implication. She has done nothing wrong and received hundreds of Amazon items with zero problems. You, however, have delayed in responding until I attack your company on Facebook. What a huge surprise.

BTW one of your loyal FB followers advised me to do that stating that 'they won't do anything unless you embarrass them publicly'.

You will note the time of my response to your request to check address data (27 July). Do you think this is an appropriate response time?

If you are not going to send anything then process the refund. If this doesn't happen rapidly, I will contact every single one of your FB posters and request them to ask you why your customer service is so poor at your Comicon stand.

Now, lets get the act together and do something useful like processing the refund.

As an additional note, two suppliers in Amsterdam also stated that your customer service was notoriously poor. You are well known in the business apparently.

I look forward to a full refund
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds