October 09, 2023
2496 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

MJL, I finally have discovered the meaning of irony.

More
28 Jul 2011 14:38 #100326 by Chapel

Not Sure wrote: I thought we called that "Friday Freakout".

Apparently we have those on BGG too. I'm getting a healthy dose of dog pile this week. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2011 14:50 #100327 by Ken B.

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

San Il Defanso wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: We should have a F:ATtie Friday, where one F:ATtie gets his day in the sun. If nothing else, it would let us get to know one another a little better.

I think that sounds cool, but we should definitely make sure it isn't the clique-ish thing that Geek of the Week is.

How could it not be, there's only about 15 of us on here at one time anyway. :P

I'm often surprised by how many simultaneous connections we often have...during lulls it does get down as low as 30-something, but usually it's much higher.

We got a lot of lurkers, folks.

:)

I wouldn't mind us being able to expand that notion that we're "clique-ish." I saw something to that effect on BGG last week--someone talking about enjoying our website a lot, but it felt like an "old boys' club" so they didn't contribute often, if at all.

Made me kinda sad--I want these kind of folks to participate.

More
28 Jul 2011 15:04 #100330 by Rliyen

stormseeker75 wrote: I second that, but only if I get to slap him when I see him.

And if he does become F:ATOTW, I'll send him a Hubig.... He's GOT to be jonesin' badly for one.

More
28 Jul 2011 15:06 #100331 by Rliyen

Ken B. wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

San Il Defanso wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: We should have a F:ATtie Friday, where one F:ATtie gets his day in the sun. If nothing else, it would let us get to know one another a little better.

I think that sounds cool, but we should definitely make sure it isn't the clique-ish thing that Geek of the Week is.

I'm often surprised by how many simultaneous connections we often have...during lulls it does get down as low as 30-something, but usually it's much higher.

I wouldn't mind us being able to expand that notion that we're "clique-ish." I saw something to that effect on BGG last week--someone talking about enjoying our website a lot, but it felt like an "old boys' club" so they didn't contribute often, if at all.

Makes me sad, too. But, then again, you won't get anything out of this place if you do not participate. So if they're comfortable there, fine. But for GOD'S SAKES step out of the comfort zone for once.

More
28 Jul 2011 15:14 #100332 by Xlyce

stormseeker75 wrote: I second that, but only if I get to slap him when I see him.

That seems fair

More
28 Jul 2011 16:00 #100337 by ubarose

Rliyen wrote:

Ken B. wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

San Il Defanso wrote:

Makes me sad, too. But, then again, you won't get anything out of this place if you do not participate. So if they're comfortable there, fine. But for GOD'S SAKES step out of the comfort zone for once.

It's been a challenge trying to balance the desire for a small close community while also making the site more welcoming for newbies. I think keeping the trash talk in Trash Talk has been a step in the right direction. I really appreciate all the active members watching their language and being less cliquish in the Article, Blog and News areas. Not having the recent Trash Talk posts on the front page has been inconvenient, but I think it is a reasonable price to pay to keep Trash Talk a more relaxed, social area for the smaller active community. I also feel much more comfortable telling people that if they don't like the tone of Trash Talk, they should try the Article, Blog and News sections.

Also we do have a lot of lurkers. We get around 30,000 unique visitors per month, which still makes the Fort a small site, but it's still a lot of people, and certainly far more than the couple of hundred we expected when we first started up.

More
28 Jul 2011 16:01 #100338 by stormseeker75

Chapel wrote:

Not Sure wrote: I thought we called that "Friday Freakout".

Apparently we have those on BGG too. I'm getting a healthy dose of dog pile this week. :)

It's getting pretty entertaining. There's Lego penises a-plenty.

More
28 Jul 2011 16:01 #100339 by MattFantastic
Dude is way too lovable to slap. He's like a grumpy Greek teddy bear!

More
28 Jul 2011 17:46 #100347 by vandemonium

I nominate BillyZ as the first.

Nah, I don't see a need. There is an introduce yourself thread somewhere or another. Fuck any sort of F:attie of the day. Anyone can declare themselves awesome at anytime and let the rest of us rip 'em down. It is the natural order of things.

More
28 Jul 2011 17:50 #100348 by Rliyen

MattLoter wrote: Dude is way too lovable to slap. He's like a grumpy Greek teddy bear!

Totally agree, Matt.

More
28 Jul 2011 20:09 #100353 by SuperflyPete

vandemonium wrote:

Nah, I don't see a need. There is an introduce yourself thread somewhere or another. Fuck any sort of F:attie of the day. Anyone can declare themselves awesome at anytime and let the rest of us rip 'em down. It is the natural order of things.

As a front page article, it would be treated with the moderation policies that are now in place to stop evildoers, such as yourself, from arbitrarily delivering a virtual cockpunching to said Friday F:ATtie. :)

More
28 Jul 2011 20:28 #100356 by vandemonium

SuperflyTNT wrote:

vandemonium wrote:

As a front page article, it would be treated with the moderation policies that are now in place to stop evildoers, such as yourself, from arbitrarily delivering a virtual cockpunching to said Friday F:ATtie. :)[/quo

***JUDO KICK TO THE JUNK***

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds