October 09, 2023
2509 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2707 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Secret Satan 2012 Pics! Post 'Em Here!

More
01 Jan 2013 09:03 - 01 Jan 2013 09:11 #140553 by ThirstyMan

The first of many reminders that were it not for the "colonies" Russians you'd be speaking German.>>

Corrected that for you...

Finally, Berlin,a graphic novel from our very own author, Jason Lutes which I haven't got and am really looking forward to reading.

I'd looked back for DAYS AND DAYS of your posts because, you ruddy twat, you don't keep up your BGG profile.

Unlike you bunch of hypocrites, I never go there, except to troll occasionally.
Last edit: 01 Jan 2013 09:11 by ThirstyMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2013 11:11 #140557 by repoman

ThirstyMan wrote:

The first of many reminders that were it not for the "colonies" Russians you'd be speaking German.>>

Corrected that for you...

Haha. What a dick! Funny...but a dick.

More
01 Jan 2013 18:03 #140560 by allismom3
Satan arrived

Attachment 081.jpg not found

What's that asbestos? anthrax?- I'm not taking any chances

Attachment 083.jpg not found

Nothing nefarious- just a cool bunch of games
Revolt on Antares
Viking Gods- 2 cool old school mini games
Diceland Space
Light Speed- space ships
Utopian Rummy- the wife likes rummy games
Fimbulvetr- a 2 player tactical card game about battling viking clans preceding Ragnarok
And an hand written note "What kind of Satan would I be if I sent you something on time"

Attachment 084.jpg not found

Thanks Satan!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hatchling

More
01 Jan 2013 18:06 #140561 by engelstein
Diceland Space and Lightspeed are both terrific. Nice!

Geoff

More
01 Jan 2013 19:01 #140563 by Bull Nakano
Utopian Rummy is a really great Rummy variant.

More
02 Jan 2013 18:27 #140613 by engelstein
Sad Panda :( Was hoping my SS gift would be waiting for me on my return to the office, but there is nothing to fill the vast emptiness in my soul.

More
02 Jan 2013 18:36 #140614 by mikko_r
Satan lives in Denmark. Anyone who has ever heard Danish knows this. Their goat heritage really comes through in that guttural sound. Danish are evil and twisted, perfect for secret, and this time not so secret, deeds for their unholy master. Unfortunately this year the joke was on me.

On new years eve it arrived. I had my hopes up. Some lucky bastard had received Imperial. Measuring the packet, I figured it could hold Thaelenk Tundra fulfilling my Heroscape needs. A small Talisman expansion would fit it easily. Or perhaps I was pushing it, single X-Wing expansion would already make my day.

With shaking hands and pounding heart I proceeded to open the packet. I see two boxes and a CD. I quickly take the bigger box out trying not to look at others. There's bound to be something good in here, and I don't want to spoil the suprise.

Babequest. Huh? Allright, this might be good for laughs. Until I turn the box over and realize it's all in Danish, the devils language. Right, this was the joke item. Next item in the packet has got to be the real present.

Lovesick. I begin to see a running theme here. Still, this might be good for laughs. Until I turn the box over and realize it's all in Danish, the devils language.

I see, it's the CD which is the proper gift. I close my eyes and reach for it. Looks like some sort of gansta rap. Until I turn it over and realize it's stand up instead. In Danish.

Thanks a bunch Satan and many merry konsvorter to you too.

I fear that next year I have forgotten all about this and enlist again thinking what great fun it was. Who knows, maybe I'll get Thaelenk Tundra. This year all I'm keeping is this, which in the end is quite enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., Dogmatix, Hatchling, Fallen

More
02 Jan 2013 20:37 #140621 by moofrank
Oooh. Submarine. That is actually a really good game. It is really not all that complex and falls about on the same complexity level as the MB Gamemaster series. If not just a bit simpler.

More
02 Jan 2013 21:09 #140624 by 433
I don't know where my guy is. :( I even had a friend in their town personally deliver it.

More
02 Jan 2013 22:23 #140632 by SuperflyPete
Submarine is TREMENDOUSLY good. It's the ~definitive~ sub warfare game, in my opinion. And I love sub warfare.

More
03 Jan 2013 02:22 #140640 by iguanaDitty
Just a note to say I am a horrible slacker and pics will be forthcoming.

More
03 Jan 2013 03:03 - 03 Jan 2013 04:31 #140642 by lj1983
Snow may slow him down, but Satan Delivers.

With trepidation I opened the package left on my door step, and what did I see?

a box full of gaming goodness? or of random shit someone found in the bottom of their closet?

Right on top you see a bag of wooden? disks...puzzle strike? hmm, no rules but maybe I can download them.

a book with no cover? Why is it that every copy of Robert Jordan's Eye of the World has the cover fallen off?

and look! another deckbuilder! a like new copy of eaten by zombies! by our friends at Mayday Games!

Satan must know, that I've decided I greatly dislike deck-builders. too much setup for too little payoff. Well played. Still I will try these. Everyone loves zombies, right? and some people really like puzzle strike.

Small box games? Hemloch and Tooth & Nail: Factions. never played a Smallboxgame yet, but the artwork is pretty awesome. Hemloch is from a comic series, right? now I want to find it and read some. the birds in Tooth and Nail disturb me.

and once again fortress Eurogamer strikes! a man fondling a horse and a half-completed building. woohoo! actually i'm interested in trying SanJuan as I rather like Race for the Galaxy and Glory to Rome.

and what's this? random crap? Star Wars the Roleplaying game? 2nd Edition no less? f-ing awesome. a pathfinder DM screen? me, who hasn't played a face to face RPG in 15 years. and Twilight Struggle! could it be the delux board? ha! Satan laughs and sent his leftover cardboard one! I will have to burn mine just so Satan doesn't get the satisfaction of sending me a board i cannot use. (I had to check and make sure it wasn't a "Chili" board)

and what's this in the bottom of the box? fucking Xwing! hell yeah! what, no? no miniatures? fucking cards!

Sentinels of the Multiverse! Satan was close on this one. I resisted. I almost bought this from my FLGS over in South Dakota right before Christmas. He was influencing me, but I stayed away from his evil plans. Satan is thwarted and I will enjoy the shit out of this.

considering some of the dreck that Satan's sent out this year, I'm pretty stoked about this pile of loot.

Thanks Satan!
Last edit: 03 Jan 2013 04:31 by lj1983.

More
03 Jan 2013 05:49 #140647 by mikko_r
Any chance that konsvorter stands for bleeding hemorrhoids? 'Cause that's what struck me very suddenly last night.

I'm sorry for all the terrible things I said about Denmark and the Danes. They are lovely people and Copenhagen is the capital of the world. There's no need to sacrifice any more chickens on my account. I just want to be able to sit again.

More
03 Jan 2013 05:55 #140648 by QPCloudy

mikko_r wrote: Any chance that konsvorter stands for bleeding hemorrhoids? 'Cause that's what struck me very suddenly last night.

You were suddenly struck with bleeding hemorrhoids last night? I'm sorry to hear that. I'm told it can be very painful.

More
03 Jan 2013 15:02 - 03 Jan 2013 15:04 #140655 by SuperflyPete
Cloudy took one in the ass last night in order to activate a spell, cursing your anus with the 'roids. Be honest, Cloudy...it's got to be hard to chant hexes and have 9 inches of man in your rear. LOL

And where are these ThirstyMan photos of doom I heard about...?
Last edit: 03 Jan 2013 15:04 by SuperflyPete.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds