October 09, 2023
2478 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2683 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Secret Satan 2012 Pics! Post 'Em Here!

More
19 Dec 2012 20:10 #139895 by metalface13
Ack! Youngblood! A thoroughly wicked Secret Satan, indeed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2012 20:12 - 19 Dec 2012 20:12 #139896 by engelstein
Jokes on you, sir! Space Cadets is tedious and overhyped! Oh wait...

And no, I did not send that package. So someone actually shelled out hard-earned cash for that.

Geoff
Last edit: 19 Dec 2012 20:12 by engelstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogmatix

More
19 Dec 2012 20:37 #139900 by Columbob

repoman wrote: A small an unobtrusive looking package arrived today. It did not seem overtly threatening but as I got nearer I could smell a certain stench of evil. I though some precautions were in order.

Love the asymmetry here.

More
19 Dec 2012 21:15 #139907 by mads b.
Got a small but tightly packed gift from my Satan a couple of days back. Since I didn't want to ruin the mood on christmas eve (yes, that's when we open gifts in Denmark) I opted to open it right away.

Inside I found some nice postcards telling me about all the cool games Satan has and how he'd love for me to come and play them. Grail games, he promises, which surprises me since I wasn't aware that Milch und Gurken was even on the market yet.

But also games ...

Before I kill you mr. Bond from Cheapass. It's the self proclaimed "better edition" and not the one with the totally renamed name and I think it could be a hoot.

Pompeji some abstract german card game about building stuff before the volcano erupts (because obviously you do not care about being covered in lava if you've succeeded in building the most buildings in certain shapes and colours). Could be good, but the graphic design looks like shit with brown stuff on it.

Vive le Roi which is (strangely) another German game. It's probably something about impressing a kingy dude, but then again it has both swords and an executioner on the cover so it could be not quite shit.

Robot Rampage: Rise of the appliance on the other hand looks like one of those card games that's just ... well, neither a really good idea nor a good game. And I see now that it has an average score of a whooping 4.29 on TOS. Not bad, Satan, not bad.

The rules for DaBol - el juego de Johan Cruyff which looks like a pretty interesting football game (that's soccer for you overseas morons) with loads of custom dice. I do read Spanish (or I used to), but with only the rules I'm not sure I'll ever get to play the game. However, I'm certain that Satan has heard about how I like to just read rules for the fun of it. Yes, I'm that crazy.

But the prize goes to two starter decks for Magic. They each come in a small box marked with player a and player b and tell me to refer to the play guide and to not shuffle. But the thing is that the play guide is not included and that I have no way of knowing whether or not they've been shuffled.

Oh, almost forgot. I also got a book about economic history in Danish, and since I only know of one Fattie besides myself who speak Danish I'm pretty certain whom my Secret Satan is. And he's a cool dude with excellent taste in shitty games. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
19 Dec 2012 21:16 #139908 by Michael Barnes
The cones man, that cracked me up. You guys are really adding another layer to this stupid tradition.

Yeah, that Youngblood issue is up there with Spellfire right now for shittiest "gift".

More
19 Dec 2012 21:18 #139909 by Michael Barnes
I wasn't aware that Milch und Gurken was even on the market yet.

Essen 2013.

More
19 Dec 2012 21:51 #139913 by Hatchling
I got an awesome package yesterday. Pics to follow asap.

More
19 Dec 2012 23:36 #139922 by Josh Look

metalface13 wrote: Ack! Youngblood! A thoroughly wicked Secret Satan, indeed!

Ha! My first thought was, "Rob Liefeld, ewwwww."

More
20 Dec 2012 21:04 #139979 by Secret Satan
Hey Loter!

Lay smoke you dick, and report the contents of your Secret Satan packages!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
20 Dec 2012 21:24 #139984 by engelstein
Dear Satan,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm heading out on vacation tomorrow, so if your gift arrives between now and New Year's it's going to sit and wait.

So hopefully it doesn't contain anything toxic, or anything that will turn toxic.

If I come back and see a smoking crater I'll be coming after you.

Geoff

More
20 Dec 2012 21:40 #139986 by Michael Barnes
I find it quite tacky that Geoff would leave before his package arrives. -TCH-

More
20 Dec 2012 21:51 #139987 by engelstein

Michael Barnes wrote: I find it quite tacky that Geoff would leave before his package arrives. -TCH-

I will make sure to muse on my tackiness as I hoist my rum drink with a paper umbrella on the Caribbean island I will be enjoying next week.

Geoff

More
20 Dec 2012 22:00 #139988 by QPCloudy
Went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon for two weeks. Wife has family there so our lodging was free in an apartment they have on the property. Shit was so cash, lol.

Fucking locals though, let me tell you. They don't just ask for spare change. They ask you straight up, " hey mon, cannah have fie dollahs mon?"

In other new, go to the outdoor market there where the cruise ships land. There's a lady in a small box truck that sells pâtés, so gooood.

More
20 Dec 2012 22:55 #139992 by jur

Michael Barnes wrote: I wasn't aware that Milch und Gurken was even on the market yet.

Essen 2013.

Fuck that Barnes, I bet the Essen crowd will get it before us backers get our copy

More
20 Dec 2012 23:45 - 20 Dec 2012 23:47 #140000 by moofrank
I love you, Satan.

Nothing fancy on the package, but I have a couple of pics I can post. The comments mention getting a bigger box, but the contents range from totally random crap:

An alcohol tester, two plastic christmas trees, a mangled copy of Pyros.

To interesting stuff:

A copy of Gobblet, Wrestangel (this is horrible)

To some surprising bits:

The FFG Chaos Marauders (I don't have one.), two of the Fitzgerald Mystery Rummy Games (isn't #1 actually kind of collectible now?)
La Citta ( I adore this game, but my copy is a little mangled.) It is an old-school Euro. Nearly luckless, pretty vicious, but with a tightly focused set of rules.
This is worrying, because Satan seems to have a good idea of the kind of stuff I like.

To OMFG:

Battle of Stanrey. Wow. Just Wow. I've wanted a copy for YEARS, and I think Sheila translated it awhile back. This is a Gundam-ish wargame in Japanese with NICE 3D metal mechs and tree terrain. The LOS rules involve a set of tiny periscopes that you use to get an eye level view. It is all tiny and totally Japanese.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2012 23:47 by moofrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds