October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Secret Satan 2015 Results! Post them here!

More
11 Dec 2015 13:41 #217157 by SuperflyPete
Posting the "unboxing" is mandatory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QPCloudy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2015 21:35 #217172 by allismom3
So the Secret Satan package arrived this afternoon. It is a themed gift -a celebrity game designer themed gift to be exact. It is a career retrospective, a nostalgic trip thru the past, and a road never taken type all rolled into one box. The story unfolds through a series of notes, one for each package.

Hello Chris,
I am “redacted”. When I was a boy I wanted to fish. Now I make games. Here are some games.

Game number 1- Awful Green Things From Outer Space
Note- Chris, This game does not have fish.

Game number 2- Zombie Dice
Note-Chris, My Dad made games, he said I could not fish for a job. Here is another game.

Game number 3- Castellan
Note- Chris, Why can’t games be more like fish? (includes a sad fish drawing)

Gift number 4- A Tin-Tin t-shirt
Note- Chris, This is a vacation souvenir, guess what I did all day. (Fished)

Game number 5- Hey, That’s My Fish
Note- Chris, this is the greatest game ever.

By now you’ve guessed the celebrity- none other than the great Steve Jackson. I never knew he was a FATie- must be more of a lurker than a poster. I am honored Steve would take the time out of his busy schedule to share his life and dreams with me. I hope someday Steve will get to live out his fantasy of fishing all day. Until them, he has his hands full cranking out Munchkin expansions. Steve, thank you very much for the gifts, the insights, and the fun of opening this box. Merry Christmas.

More
11 Dec 2015 22:11 #217173 by Michael Barnes
"Hello Chris I am Steve Jackson"- LOL!

That was one of the strangest- yet oddly heartbreaking- SS packages to date.

More
12 Dec 2015 11:29 - 12 Dec 2015 11:31 #217182 by SuperflyPete

I never realized how skeevy Tintin is. He's literally looking up a geriatric's skirt. In fact, that may be a HotSeatGames promo shirt.

Castellan is fantastic
Last edit: 12 Dec 2015 11:31 by SuperflyPete.

More
12 Dec 2015 11:43 #217183 by Secret Satan
CHRIS IT'S STEVE. PLEASE HELP THERE ARE NO FISH IN HELL. ENJOY YOUR SHIRT.

More
12 Dec 2015 11:44 #217184 by Secret Satan
That's what I get for not logging out. Sorry, I assure you it won't happen again.

More
13 Dec 2015 22:21 - 13 Dec 2015 22:30 #217236 by Brewmiester
My daughter got back from getting pizza and said there was a box on the front porch. Man I don't think I'll ever get used to Sunday delivery.

My first clue was the address label

So I took the box next door where the first package waited. Cut the box open and the first thing to greet me was a note from Satan

Sorry for making it tough on you old Scratch for not having a wish list. And thanks for the assurance about the lack of bodily fluids.

The rest of the contents:

We have a Battletech rumble coming up in January, I'll probably put these up as a prize for the winner.

Last edit: 13 Dec 2015 22:30 by Brewmiester. Reason: Finish up the post
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, allismom3, SebastianBludd, VonTush, Columbob, san il defanso, OldHippy

More
13 Dec 2015 22:36 #217238 by Brewmiester

Includes expansions!

I bet FFG wishes they could forget these heady days!

Looks pretty scratchy, which I guess is appropriate,

I was just watching The Menagerie Part 2 last night.

Time to open up the second box

Thanks Satan!

More
13 Dec 2015 23:32 #217239 by hotseatgames
Note that he only guaranteed against HUMAN bodily fluids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, allismom3

More
14 Dec 2015 15:00 #217297 by rocketkiwi
It arrived today.

The packets also had charming art on them, but I assumed it was for my eyes only. So while I took pictures of them, they are my pictures and you can't see them.

Packet #1:

Inside:

The important part here is that there are five different colors with numbers 1-14, which means if there were ZEROS I could play Sticheln with it! But there aren't! If there were five wilds instead of four, I could proxy them into zeros! But there aren't! Satan thinks of everything.

Packet #2:

Inside:

This is actually three card games in one...

The Batman Match game: Each player is dealt 5 cards and another five are placed face up on the table. On your turn you draw a card and, if you can match one of the cards on the table, take the pair and place it in front of you. If you can't make a match, you add a card from your hand to the center. When all the players have played all their cards, the player with the most matches wins.

The Batman Battle Game: This is simply the card game "War" using the numbers on the cards. The main difference is that if you play an Umbrella card, you may look at the next two cards in your stack and choose the one you wish to play. The winner is the player with the most cards when the first opponent is eliminated.

The Penguin Panic Game: This is simply the card game "Slap Jack". All the cards are dealt out to the players. On your turn you turn over your top card and toss it on the growing pile in the center of the table. If the card turned over is The Penguin, all players try to be the first to slap their hand down on it. The player who slaps it first wins all the cards and adds them to his stack. The winner is the player with the most cards when the first opponent runs out of cards to play.

Packet #3:

Satan doling out the harsh truths. I spend my Sundays playing board games, so this is fitting.

Inside:

Packet #4:

Inside:

A Dutch version of Cold War: CIA vs KGB. Those years studying German were truly wasted.

Packet #5:
THERE IS NO PACKET 5

Packet #6:

I don't paint because I am incapable of safely doing fine motor movements because of a tremor. I had to give up my youthful dream of being a surgeon! Sometimes I even have trouble pouring myself a beverage. Satan is hurtful.

Inside:

Minions are everywhere this season.

WELP

I had a lot of fun opening this, and I did not realize until I went to make my post that there was no #5. Tricky.

More
14 Dec 2015 17:50 #217313 by Michael Barnes
"Do you even paint bro"- ha ha! Is that some kind of D6 lollipop? I would not eat that if I were you.

I believe that package #5 contained the remainder of your dignity prior to receiving this parcel.

It looks like Satan really took advantage of some of those deep discounts on Arena of the Planeswalkers...

Speaking of FFG flops, how is that no one has received a copy of the Midnight Chronicles DVD in this thing? If you are 433's Secret Satan, I think you have a mandate there...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
15 Dec 2015 10:23 #217345 by Columbob
This year's SS theme seems to be numbered boxes.

Barbie stars in her FIRST Holiday movie!

Here's hoping for a long and successful series of those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3

More
15 Dec 2015 22:20 #217425 by Bookseller
It has ARRIVED. The first thing I noticed is that Satan lives in Ohio. Who Knew?
Based on the outside of the box, I had a sense of where this was going, and I was right. You'll see what I mean...

Yep. It's the Legacy version of Secret Satan!

Each individually wrapped package has requirements on when it can be opened...

I'm going to play by the rules and open each small package as the requirements are met. Some will obviously be easier than others (I didn't know we had a comics forum), but the clock starts now so to speak. My wife was sitting next to me, so I opened one right away...

And it's the DIAMOND EDITION! Is that like a Kickstarter edition? Does it come with exclusives? Maybe that's what the CD-ROM is. What's a Threezer? What's a CD-ROM?

I'll post more updates as I qualify to open each package. After I'm done, I'll have a Secret Satan gift that won't look like anyone else's copy!

Thanks Secret Satan. I think...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower, jur, Ska_baron, allismom3, Columbob, hotseatgames, Secret Satan

More
15 Dec 2015 22:44 #217427 by SuperflyPete
LMAO "Open when Barnes sells a GOTY contender"
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors

More
15 Dec 2015 23:04 #217428 by metalface13
Brilliant! Satan has really upped his game!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds