October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
16 Mar 2020 15:50 #308143 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus

Msample wrote:
They still use VPN fobs? Even my backasswards old company switched to a phone app several years ago; one less thing to break or lose.

Don't even get me started on how backasswards things are here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2020 15:54 #308144 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
I've had the same RSA fob on my keychain for about 7 years. Never had a problem remoting into work with it. What is the issue with them?

More
16 Mar 2020 16:06 #308147 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
Welcome to U.S. state employment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
16 Mar 2020 16:16 #308149 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus

ChristopherMD wrote: I've had the same RSA fob on my keychain for about 7 years. Never had a problem remoting into work with it. What is the issue with them?

I believe the technical phrase for it is "the spin cycle".

More
16 Mar 2020 16:33 #308150 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus
Well a couple of hours ago the UK went from 'we're fine over here doing our non-thing' to 'everyone stay at home and don't go meet people anywhere !'.
Bet all you video gamers are feeling quite smug over us non-screen types :pinch: … what the fuck am I going to do with all sport cancelled and no board game sessions - shit, clean the house - noooooooooooooooo :ohmy: .

But it's keeping people alive so I'm quite happy being bored shitless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Rliyen

More
16 Mar 2020 16:46 - 16 Mar 2020 16:48 #308151 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic Coronavirus
Nearing full lock-down in Bay area.

The food situation is becoming worrisome and grocery stores are down to a couple of cashiers and loads of missing stock.

Source: www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/world/live-co...es.html#link-dbd8ae4

"Six counties in Northern California on Monday announced an order for all residents to “shelter in place,” one of the most significant restrictions yet to American life in the race to stop the coronavirus outbreak from surging.

The order, which goes into effect Tuesday, is expected to disrupt life for millions of residents in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties. The city of Berkeley also issued the same order.

That means staying at home except for the most essential reasons. Officials said people would be allowed to leave the house for essential work, going to the grocery store, picking up medication and even walking the dog. But they urged everyone to practice social distancing while outside. “It is now time to do your part,” Dr. Scott Morrow, the San Mateo health officer, said in a statement

“It’s asking people to go home with their families and to stay there until they are told otherwise,” said Mayor Joe Goethals of San Mateo, who said that only “essential” businesses, such as hospitals, grocery stores and pharmacies would remain open.

“I don’t expect anyone to get arrested,,” said Mr. Goethals, who said people will still be allowed to go outside for limited activities, like buying food and getting fresh air. “But it’s not optional. This is mandatory for all of us.”

The development came as a growing number of cities and states took significant actions to stop the coronavirus, shutting down schools, restaurants, bars, movie theaters and gyms. The announcements came one after another on Sunday night and Monday, curtailing nearly all aspects of American life in a matter of hours."
Last edit: 16 Mar 2020 16:48 by Frohike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
16 Mar 2020 16:53 #308152 by RobertB
Replied by RobertB on topic Coronavirus

ChristopherMD wrote: I've had the same RSA fob on my keychain for about 7 years. Never had a problem remoting into work with it. What is the issue with them?

Nothing, until you lose it (raises hand) or the battery goes dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
16 Mar 2020 17:39 #308154 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Coronavirus
Learning how to use Roll20. May be able to run a game if there is interest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, Jackwraith, hotseatgames

More
16 Mar 2020 17:54 #308156 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
The only thing that has changed at my workplace is that the owners have stopped traveling. Two of the three owners are in their 60s. We have four locations in four different states, and they like to regularly visit each location and spend extra time at a given location when there is something big going on like construction of another building or set up of an expensive piece of equipment. Our business is rearing crickets which we sell to pet stores across the country. The crickets need food and water every day, and we continue to ship out several truckloads of product every week. I could theoretically do some of my HR and accounting work from home, but need to be on site some of the time. The Minnesota location is 20 miles north of the northern suburbs, so most of our workers live in rural areas.

I recently made a cameo appearance in an old friend's online D&D campaign on Discord. The timing seemed perfect, so I was starting to look forward to playing. And yet one recent session was canceled because a couple of players were going to a funeral. Then the latest session was canceled because a couple of players got sick. Hopefully it isn't coronovirus.

More
16 Mar 2020 20:37 #308163 by Shellhead
Last week, my boss suggested that maybe I should stop going to the gym for a while. I had already pondered the idea and dismissed it, and talked to my boss about how I have always started my workouts by washing my hands and took a hot shower with soap afterwards. I have actually stepped up my trips to the gym lately because I suspected that they might temporarily close at some point.

Today, my gym announced that it would be closed until at least April 1st. I don't want to start running until it gets a little warmer out, but maybe now I have no choice. But I will need to figure out some home exercises that will engage my arms and core and abs.

More
16 Mar 2020 20:52 #308164 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
I have one of those wooden rowing machines and can recommend the workout.

More
16 Mar 2020 21:03 #308165 by DukeofChutney
Replied by DukeofChutney on topic Coronavirus
Yeah, UK gov plc has flipped from keep calm carry on to lock up your wives and daughters (or any other relations).

man alive. I've been ill so i worked from home the past two weeks, but already starting to get cabin fever.

Keeping entertained isn't so bad, its getting good sleep if i have been in the same few rooms all day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax

More
16 Mar 2020 21:12 #308166 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus

Shellhead wrote: Last week, my boss suggested that maybe I should stop going to the gym for a while. I had already pondered the idea and dismissed it, and talked to my boss about how I have always started my workouts by washing my hands and took a hot shower with soap afterwards. I have actually stepped up my trips to the gym lately because I suspected that they might temporarily close at some point.

Today, my gym announced that it would be closed until at least April 1st. I don't want to start running until it gets a little warmer out, but maybe now I have no choice. But I will need to figure out some home exercises that will engage my arms and core and abs.

Find some firewood to split.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, mc

More
16 Mar 2020 23:13 #308167 by the_jake_1973
Replied by the_jake_1973 on topic Coronavirus
A good yoga routine will do wonders, Shellhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

More
16 Mar 2020 23:16 #308168 by Shellhead
Just by coincidence, I still have a bunch of wood in my garage to chop up from last fall. A few large limbs dropped off one of my trees during a storm. I was working long hours at the time, so I cut them to just short enough to fit in my garage. Chopping and sawing that up will be good for hours of exercise.

In other news, the public libraries also shut down around here. That's tolerable for now, because I have a few hundred books of mine own that I can re-read. I also used to check out movies and tv shows from the library, but now I get that stuff via HBO, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds