January 04, 2021
1398 0

Play Matt: Paleo Review

Board Game Reviews
O
oliverkinne
January 01, 2021
544 0
Bugs Update: Recent Topics & Main Menu (11 Dec 2020)

Main Menu drop down bug has been fixed. You may need to clear your cache to pick up the new code.
Recent Topics paging bug requires a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
14 Jan 2021 05:50 - 14 Jan 2021 06:18 #318014 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus

hotseatgames wrote: According to this: www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

yesterday was the highest yet death toll here in the USA: 4489. And motherfuckers still won't wear masks.

The UK death toll was 1500 odd yesterday and you have five times the population of us ... sucks being here. Our town went from being pretty good in early December (under 100 cases per 100,000) to pretty bad this week, 550 per 100,000, and our hospital is so full with COVID patients that operating theatres are being used for wards - and we are no where the worst in the country.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2021 06:18 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Sagrilarus, hotseatgames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2021 10:05 #318016 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus
We just got the UK variant in our county, first confirmed case is someone "who recently traveled to multiple continents." So once again showing that a few bad actors can destroy the best precautions of the remaining 99.8%.

My buddy just sent me photos from Vegas, so I guess people are thinking it's ok to travel again.

I appreciate there's a lot of people with cabin fever and seasonal disorder, but I can't help but think there are more reasonable alternatives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, mtagge

More
14 Jan 2021 11:31 #318019 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus

Sagrilarus wrote: We just got the UK variant in our county, first confirmed case is someone "who recently traveled to multiple continents." So once again showing that a few bad actors can destroy the best precautions of the remaining 99.8%.

My buddy just sent me photos from Vegas, so I guess people are thinking it's ok to travel again.

I appreciate there's a lot of people with cabin fever and seasonal disorder, but I can't help but think there are more reasonable alternatives.

Cabin fever - kerrist nearly ready to burn the cabin down over here. We've been locked in for over two months with probably another six weeks (if we're lucky) to go, and that's after nearly four months back in Spring.
Plus this pandemic is slowly sending us into recession for quite a few quarters coming up and the debt, shit the govt has been paying people whose businesses they shut down since April and it will go on to the end of this April, is bloody massive - we will be seeing a bit of a tax increase once it is all over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Jan 2021 14:25 #318022 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
I'm not an extrovert or an introvert, but I am fine with being alone for extended periods of time. I could definitely do another year of social distancing if necessary, and at the current rate of vaccination, that might be the reality for 2021.

Nobody seems to be talking about this yet, but inflation is likely on the way. I am seeing price hikes from quite a few of our vendors at work, and it stands to reason that businesses will try to recover from pandemic business losses by raising prices.

More
14 Jan 2021 14:38 #318023 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
Well, fwiw, there's no clear indication in any CPI statistics that inflation is on the way, current US interest rates continue to hover near 0 and have for a long time. If inflation does start, that will be an indication that the federal reserve will have to slow down the injection money into the economic system, which would be quite problematic for a recovery.

More
14 Jan 2021 15:03 #318024 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Coronavirus
We already have a real estate bubble - so that meltdown is coming on two fronts - Housing, bouyed by record rates is nuts right now - I think a lot of markets are overheated and are going to cool off....But the real crash is in commercial real estate - We are going to be talking about CMBS ( Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities) pretty soon after we are done talking about the insurrectionist in chief, I think.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds