October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
28 Aug 2021 16:39 #326074 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus

dysjunct wrote: Yes, both my brothers are cops, and my wife is a SpEd teacher.

I'm very happy to sit on a jury if they want me to -- I've sat on one before and it was an interesting and educational experience. And I support the jury system, and consider serving to be part of one's civic responsibility.

I answered the questions of the judge and the two attorneys honestly, and they decided they didn't want me to serve.

Well done mate, countries that work properly need people like you who did exactly as you did - prepared to do your part but let the system decide. You sound like a person who should be cloned and used on more juries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2021 16:59 #326231 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus
This is brilliant.

A woman, who is an acupuncturist, and also a licensed pharmacist, got herself trained and certified to administer the COVID vaccine. She has convinced her vaccination hesitate clients to allow her to vaccinate them because she uses special crystals and moonstones that block the negative magnetic field of the vaccination and protect them from whatever terrible thing they believe the vaccine will do to them.

Filed under, “If you can’t convince them with logic, baffle them with bullshit.”

More
03 Sep 2021 17:53 #326234 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
What's the future prognosis for the adamant unvaccinated at this point? COVID isn't going away and you can get it repeatedly. If you survived once does that mean you'll survive the second and third time? Will some % of them die every year?

Science-backed answers only, please.

*So there's no misunderstanding, I want everyone to live, laugh, love. That's why I wear the mask.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
03 Sep 2021 18:49 #326236 by bendgar
Replied by bendgar on topic Coronavirus
My spouse (an elementary art teacher) and I were both vaccinated in March and have worn masks religiously until resently. Monday she lost her sense of smell/taste and Tuesday tested positive. She has had no energy with coughing for the last 3 days. I have been sleeping on the couch/taking care of the kids and have had no symptoms but tested positive today.

Take care of your friends and family and stay cautious.

Sorry if this sounds depressing. I'm not feeling super positive right now.

Ben

More
03 Sep 2021 18:55 #326237 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
Very sorry. Will be thinking of you and your family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

More
03 Sep 2021 19:30 #326239 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Coronavirus
@bendgar - good luck, that really sucks.

More
03 Sep 2021 19:43 #326240 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic Coronavirus
Hi, Ben. I’m hoping for the best for you guys.

More
04 Sep 2021 15:45 #326250 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
My sister tested positive a few days ago. She is a nurse and works in a hospital in Shreveport that has seen a lot of Covid cases. She got fully vaccinated last winter with two shots of Pfizer, and this is right about the point where the Pfizer vaccine supposedly starts losing some efficacy. She said that it feels like a really bad cold, except that the headaches are terrible. No loss of sense of smell or taste yet. She also got the monoclonal antibody treatment the day after she tested positive. It's great that she has covered her bases so well, because she is also diabetic and obese. Those two factors often contribute to really bad cases of Covid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, sornars, n815e

More
04 Sep 2021 16:37 #326252 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Coronavirus
Best of luck to you, Ben. Hope things turn out well for both of you.

(And, thanks, n815e, for finally picking an avatar.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
04 Sep 2021 18:59 #326254 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic Coronavirus

Jackwraith wrote: Best of luck to you, Ben. Hope things turn out well for both of you.

(And, thanks, n815e, for finally picking an avatar.)

LOL, I guess I’ve been around long enough to feel settled in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
04 Sep 2021 19:53 #326255 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus
Good health to you and your family, Ben. I think it's important for all of us to hear stories like yours now and again to keep us honest.

Here's hoping you and yours get through this more gently than most.

More
04 Sep 2021 21:12 #326256 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus
@ Ben
That sucks. Hope you and your family have a speedy recovery.

More
07 Sep 2021 10:42 - 08 Sep 2021 09:14 #326307 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Coronavirus
It is chilling to see the vaccinated and masked still get the virus and related symptoms. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
I have been reckless, going into campus when I didn't need to, going to crowded stores unnecessarily. I would say there's 25 percent of the local population masking. My wife, who is vaccinated, thinks she is fine because her college students are "probably vaccinated" so I don't bring it up any more. She then points me to <a href=" news.yahoo.com/one-5-000-real-chances-183201138.html ">articles saying the chance of re-infection is 1-in-5,0000, and yet people I associate with, online, are sick.

Here's what we know about the Mu variant
Last edit: 08 Sep 2021 09:14 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
15 Sep 2021 17:36 #326535 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
I'm supposed to be going on a first date this Saturday, my first date since 2019, and my first first date in many years. But it's tricky thanks to the Delta surge. We want to meet in person, but we both want to avoid an indoor dining/drinking experience due to Covid-19. We're on different work schedules, but Saturday night works for both of us, so my original idea of getting coffee and going for a walk is not ideal.

So I'm going to pitch the idea of a specific restaurant that I know has a big patio area for outdoor dining. If the patio looks crowded, which would normally be the case at this time of year, we can take the food to go and take a nice walk along the Mississippi River to a nearby park. It's right across the river from downtown, so the view is nice in the day and even better at night. The area is very safe, and (according to my recent reading) 80% of the residents in the area have at least a bachelor's degree. If it rains, the building that contains the restaurant has some big interior corridors connecting with other buildings in the area, and is patrolled by security for the fancy condos above, so we can take our food inside while still keeping distance from other people.

Normally I don't want to rush things, but outdoor dining won't be an enjoyable option in Minnesota after early October. IIRC, we got a surprising amount of snow last October, though nowhere near as bad as the Halloween Blizzard of '91. So it would be nice to either quickly determine a lack of chemistry or else get comfortable enough to visit each other at home before it gets cold out. But if things don't work out, dating subsequent candidates might become a hassle unless Covid is back under control soon, at least locally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, dysjunct, Sagrilarus, sornars, n815e

More
15 Sep 2021 18:36 #326537 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
Good luck!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds