October 09, 2023
2294 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
18 May 2020 12:10 #310419 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Coronavirus
You know that ancient curse? "May you live in interesting times." That's us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, n815e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2020 12:18 #310421 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus
WTF mezike! That's ridiculous.

Here in CT we have delayed all jury trials. We are working on re-opening the courts, but I think it will be awhile until we figure out how to even do jury selection. Many of our judges are over 60, and they are like "nope" not going there.

More
18 May 2020 19:11 #310435 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Coronavirus
First death in my county happened this morning. 97yo nursing home resident, which, you know -- 97 is a good run but it sucks when it's largely preventable. A bunch of other people at the nursing home (5 I think), both residents and workers, have now tested positive. Feeling whatever sense of palpable dread everyone else has been probably feeling, instead of abstract worry.

Meanwhile this fucking asshole was protesting at our courthouse last Friday:

Yes, because your trustafarian background is exactly like being a slave. What a clueless piece of shit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
18 May 2020 19:38 - 18 May 2020 21:59 #310437 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Coronavirus
I just spent the weekend seeing mom and dad and the in laws.

Both houses have a tv running FOX at least 4 hours a day. I finally said during both visits that we were going have to stop talking about covid-19 if they weren't interested in talking about things factually.

In a nutshell : this is real, but look at flu numbers!, and there are doctors out there that say this is overblown, did you see that video of those doctors in riverside, and that people that are dieing of all kinds of stuff but their doctors are told to list everything as covid, and did you see that Pelosi spent $250m on the Kennedy Center....

On Trump : Look, he's a businessman...we wanted him to shake things up...yeah I dont like the guy but he gets things.done.

On our local governor, a Dem : You know this order (that I think everyone should be sort of following) was unconstitutional.
Last edit: 18 May 2020 21:59 by boothwah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, jeb, dysjunct, Jackwraith, hotseatgames, n815e

More
19 May 2020 11:29 #310456 by jeb
I had to tell my FIL I would look into the allegations that the virus was concocted in a Chinese lab.

Evidence is indicating this is not the case.

Wish me luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, Jackwraith, n815e

More
19 May 2020 12:17 - 19 May 2020 12:19 #310457 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus
I think you're better off leaning in, slingshotting off of his already preconceived notions.

Tell him this was an Obama administration plot, run out of the State Department, from a Chinese Restaurant in downtown Chicago that is a known cover for money laundering by Rahm Emanuel, a White Sox fan. (The White Sox fan part is the little detail that makes the rest of it seem more true.) There have been known cases of this virus since 2014, well before Donald Trump was president that have been covered up by the deep state through the use of illegal wire taps and the classifying of documents, all kept on a single server running Windows 2003 (detail) in the bathroom of an apartment in downtown Budapest registered in the name Beau Biden. Beau was killed off by the application of an MMR vaccine when the North Koreans discovered the secret. The only person with access to the server now is Vincent Foster, who is still alive and speaks Hungarian like a native, answering to the name Tivadar Farkasházy. If we could just get a hold of that server, the virus would disappear, and the V shaped economy would come raging back to levels never seen before.
Last edit: 19 May 2020 12:19 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., jeb, Jackwraith, Vysetron, n815e

More
19 May 2020 13:10 #310460 by jeb

You're right, I'm going to go full Pepe Silvia on this guy.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, charlest

More
19 May 2020 13:34 #310462 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic Coronavirus

Sagrilarus wrote: I think you're better off leaning in, slingshotting off of his already preconceived notions.

Tell him this was an Obama administration plot, run out of the State Department, from a Chinese Restaurant in downtown Chicago that is a known cover for money laundering by Rahm Emanuel, a White Sox fan. (The White Sox fan part is the little detail that makes the rest of it seem more true.) There have been known cases of this virus since 2014, well before Donald Trump was president that have been covered up by the deep state through the use of illegal wire taps and the classifying of documents, all kept on a single server running Windows 2003 (detail) in the bathroom of an apartment in downtown Budapest registered in the name Beau Biden. Beau was killed off by the application of an MMR vaccine when the North Koreans discovered the secret. The only person with access to the server now is Vincent Foster, who is still alive and speaks Hungarian like a native, answering to the name Tivadar Farkasházy. If we could just get a hold of that server, the virus would disappear, and the V shaped economy would come raging back to levels never seen before.

I feel like this has real potential to get retweeted by the WH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoelCFC25, Jackwraith, hotseatgames, mtagge

More
19 May 2020 13:43 #310463 by Rliyen
Replied by Rliyen on topic Coronavirus

ubarose wrote: WTF mezike! That's ridiculous.

Here in CT we have delayed all jury trials. We are working on re-opening the courts, but I think it will be awhile until we figure out how to even do jury selection. Many of our judges are over 60, and they are like "nope" not going there.

Same here with State and Federal Courts. Not until August, at least.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
19 May 2020 15:42 - 19 May 2020 16:11 #310465 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Coronavirus

Rliyen wrote:

ubarose wrote: WTF mezike! That's ridiculous.

Same here with State and Federal Courts. Not until August, at least.

Here in Oregon, they've managed to keep some courts available for urgent stuff (family court, domestic violence, etc.) and have pushed everything else out until the end of June - Right now they haven't come up with a solution for what they are going to do with the backlog of evictions that are going to hit the system like a tsunami - They are floating plans for structured guidance for judges (i.e. allowing 60 day catch up periods) but so far have not been able to come up with a real policy they are going to use from keeping from crashing so many people out of housing. There's going to be real tough times if the State's only answer to those that were forced into shelter in place without work, is an extension on their catch up period to avoid eviction.

I can only imagine what the guys that are heavily into commercial real estate are going through right now - Amazon was already creaming them and closing down retail outlets - A lot of downtowns are going to be very empty...and a lot of empty restaurant spaces. I would expect that most will not get filled this year...
Last edit: 19 May 2020 16:11 by boothwah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
19 May 2020 17:57 #310469 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Coronavirus
I’ve already seen some predictions that this is going to cause a commercial real estate crash akin to the 2008 consumer one. The structures are all the same — loans sliced up into collateralized debt packages, leveraged default insurance. Could get ugly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah

More
19 May 2020 18:00 - 19 May 2020 18:01 #310470 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
www.propublica.org/article/whistleblower...on-of-mortgage-funds

Now on commercial property. Basically the same scam. Good thing we didn't throw anyone in jail, nationalize and strip down any large banks, or reinstitute strict Glass-Steagall.
Last edit: 19 May 2020 18:01 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, boothwah, n815e

More
20 May 2020 08:30 #310478 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
Well, my university is now probably going to plan to open early this summer to be done as soon as they can. The thinking is to avoid flu season. Since we're committed to teaching in person, that presumably means I'll be standing in a classroom with 20-40 young people in about two months. Just like service workers are already doing here in AZ.

Incidentally, went into a downtown bar to get some to-go beer and it was just business as usual. About 15-20 people in the place despite a sign saying max 12, nobody in any masks including person working there. She was young so I'm guessing she's just thinking I'm fucked either way so who cares.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Varys

More
20 May 2020 10:41 #310479 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus

boothwah wrote:
Here in Oregon, they've managed to keep some courts available for urgent stuff (family court, domestic violence, etc.) and have pushed everything else out until the end of June ...

Our courts have also stayed open for urgent stuff. We are doing a soft reopening of civil court starting today, which means the clerks are going into work today. Next week the plan is to reopen 7 courts. My team has been tangentially involved in allowing more aspects of the legal process to be done remotely.

More
20 May 2020 18:43 #310483 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
A new employee just tested positive for COVID-19 at our Ohio location, on her third day on the job. We are going to follow the CDC guidelines, which includes disinfecting the rooms where she worked and everything she might have touched. It's not a big site, so we will probably need to shut down the whole facility for a few days and lose our current crop of insects there. We're classified as agriculture, but all of our work is done indoors in a climate-controlled environment. We're even supposed to shut down the HVAC during the disinfecting process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds