October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

I Just Wanna Say...

More
19 Jun 2020 16:00 - 19 Jun 2020 16:29 #311232 by ubarose
I Just Wanna Say... was created by ubarose
My mom has cancer... but I'm holding it together.
There's a pandemic and we have been SIP for 3 months...but I'm holding it together.
There are riots in the streets and the country is on fire...but I'm holding it together.

I can't get a div to center correctly on a page and I'm AAAAARRRRRHHHHHGGGGGG! I'm f*ckin DONE! It's 4pm. It's Friday. Where's the gin?
Last edit: 19 Jun 2020 16:29 by ubarose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2020 16:15 - 19 Jun 2020 16:25 #311234 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic I Just Wanna Say...

To add a little cheer to your life.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2020 16:25 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, n815e

More
19 Jun 2020 16:49 #311235 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Ok. It's 4:45pm. I've had a nice hot shower, an icy cold cocktail, and listened to "Let It Go," provided by ChrisMD. I am feeling much better now.

How are you all doing? Any plans for the weekend? Playing games? Reading a book? Taking a walk? Drinking heavily?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, n815e

More
19 Jun 2020 16:58 #311236 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Tabletop Simulator tonight. Laundromat tomorrow (with mask). Need to solo Terraforming Mars again so I can decide if its worth keeping around or expanding. Might hit a local hike if I can get my ass out of bed early enough to avoid other people on the trail.

More
19 Jun 2020 17:04 - 19 Jun 2020 17:05 #311237 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic I Just Wanna Say...
So far, I have been taking things in stride. Pandemic, riots, increasing workload due pandemic impact on HR issues. But my weekends have involved an excessive amount of physical labor due to storm damage to a big tree in my yard. First big storm was June 2nd, second one was June 18th. The chainsaw has been good for the big stuff, but a lot of the branches are too small for the chainsaw but still need to be broken down into a manageable size that will fit in my Weber grill.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2020 17:05 by Shellhead. Reason: Still can't work out how to link pictures from my Facebook

More
19 Jun 2020 17:11 - 19 Jun 2020 17:11 #311238 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic I Just Wanna Say...
We had a month long house guest leave, who we both love to bits, but it's like a fresh breeze is blowing through the house now that he's gone.

Also: sorry to hear about all that big stuff ubarose.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2020 17:11 by Gary Sax.

More
19 Jun 2020 18:15 #311239 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic I Just Wanna Say...
So sorry to hear about your Mom, Uba.

This weekend, I'm reading/making my way through Dune and the first MurderBot Diaries book All Systems Red. My isomate wants to play Freedom: The Underground Railroad. We're going to see if The Watchmen series is free this weekend to celebrate Juneteenth. Not sure if we will get that deal in Canada.

More
19 Jun 2020 20:00 #311240 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic I Just Wanna Say...
I understand what you are going through and I’m sorry.

Today I took my toddler for a wellness check. He finds it very traumatizing. Tonight we’ll spend a lot of tine snuggling and maybe he’ll get a new present.

Bought a rake so I can clean the yard.

Got Giga-Robo and expansions earlier in the week as a pre-dads day gift and I’d like to play around with it. It looks like it will be a lot of fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
19 Jun 2020 20:56 #311241 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic I Just Wanna Say...

ubarose wrote: I can't get a div to center correctly on a page and I'm AAAAARRRRRHHHHHGGGGGG! I'm f*ckin DONE!

As I've aged in the industry I have lost all patience with this kind of thing. They give me big tasks to work on because I swear like a sailor when piddly-ass shit that should work doesn't. It scares the interns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Rliyen, Cranberries

More
19 Jun 2020 21:49 #311242 by ubarose
I’ve got all the piddly-ass shit on this project because I’m the only programmer on the team who isn’t color blind. The first set of pages were hideous, so now they send their pages to me to eyeball and polish before they go to the testers. Most of the time the corrections and quick and satisfying, but today they sent me right over the edge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
20 Jun 2020 01:02 #311243 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic I Just Wanna Say...
I believe centering divs is what Shepard Book called the "special hell."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Sagrilarus

More
22 Jun 2020 13:31 #311288 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Sorry about your Mom, Uba.

I made a full thanksgiving meal. Sous-vide turkey breast, crisped skin, mashed potatoes, stuffing, peas, corn, gravy, and a the kids chipped in an apricot upside-down cake for dessert. It was great. Thankful for Father's Day, Juneteenth, and my Mom's (z''l) birthday. Who needs to wait for November. I am thankful now, let's eat!

We played PANDEMIC LEGACY Season 2, and finally won a game after 0fer'ing January. Game is heard as balls. My youngest keeps cooking up new versions of chess and he has one wear Pawns can be doubled and I have to tell you it's cool as hell. Hadar started an AGRICOLA solo contest on her iPad and you need 90+ points just to crack the leaderboard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Cranberries, Msample

More
22 Jun 2020 14:42 - 22 Jun 2020 14:42 #311294 by ubarose
I immediately found the improperly nested closing tag this morning when I looked at the code. Amazing what a couple of days away from a problem can do.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and a great Father's Day if you celebrated it. The Spawn decided that for Father's Day we were all going to Tie-Dye T-shirts. She got all the supplies, and organized the activity. It was really fun. The we got Chinese Delivery for dinner. We also played some Wonder Woman and started re-watching Stranger Things.

Also, didn't mean to bring anyone down with the my mom has cancer thing. It's been going on for about 9 months now, and last week we found out that she had been mis-diagnosed and had been receiving the wrong chemo for the past 9 months, which was a real kick in the head.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2020 14:42 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
22 Jun 2020 15:11 #311298 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Sorry you're having a hard time. I wish I could do something to help: you're always here for us when we're down, and you've become the beating heart of this site.

Take care. Take time off. Take whatever you like and hang in there you lovely person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
23 Jun 2020 13:45 #311326 by ubarose
Thanks Matt. I'm good. The one downside of working remotely is that I can't just walk into the next office and vent about dumb-ass work crap to some one who knows what I am talking about. Here there are at least half a dozen people who know and understand.

I'm currently on a five day "Sprint Break," which means 5 days of CSS clean-up before we start coding new pages. Which means a week of eye-strain and serious meetings about the pros and cons of peach vs salmon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower, Msample

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds