October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

I Just Wanna Say...

More
26 Jun 2020 11:43 #311405 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic I Just Wanna Say...
@Frohike

This will either make you laugh or trigger you.

Last sprint had 100 points (just using a round number for clarity). We competed 40 and the other 60 rolled over to next sprint. This made Boss Man cranky. This week, during sprint "break," testing caught up, and now 40 points of work are showing as completed in the next sprint which hasn't even started yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2020 12:28 #311407 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Having your sprint points be dependent on another team for completion is a special kind of "Agile" hell. Good luck planning with that happening.

More
26 Jun 2020 16:23 #311416 by ubarose

Not Sure wrote: Having your sprint points be dependent on another team for completion is a special kind of "Agile" hell. Good luck planning with that happening.

Yeah. At my last job, tasks were broken up, budgeted and scheduled by team. That was good for the teams that worked on stuff at the beginning of the path (me). But the teams at the end of the path could get screwed waiting for work to transfer over to them. I guess either way, if there is a snafu, someone gets screwed.

More
29 Jun 2020 09:55 #311472 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Good news! (for me and my family...)

After a couple months delay because of the pandemic, our renewed visas finally went through. We've been without our passports since March, and we'll have them back this week.

Still waiting for the word on our kids' school, but our goal is to make it back to the US soon. We don't have those plans yet, so we've only told my parents. But still, I am excited about it and wanted to share!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, jur, Shellhead, jeb, Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Sagrilarus, Msample, hotseatgames, sornars, DarthJoJo

More
29 Jun 2020 18:49 #311490 by ubarose
So happy for you Nate!
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
29 Jun 2020 21:52 #311500 by san il defanso
Thank you, it's a huge relief. Our visas actually expired a week or two ago, and while we figured they'd give us grace because of the pandemic, no one told us for sure. It's weighed on our minds for weeks now.

I know that things are ugly in the US right now, but pushing back our trip to the states this summer has taken a toll on us already. So this is a big win for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
29 Jun 2020 23:01 #311504 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic I Just Wanna Say...
Don’t lay over in Phoenix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
30 Jun 2020 06:27 #311510 by san il defanso
The most common layovers from Manila are LAX or Dallas, neither of which is optimal obviously. I know people who manage to layover in Detroit, but we might not be able to be choosey.

Our final destination is Pittsburgh, and we will probably hunker down there near family for our few months back. Assuming that the Philippines will let us return at all, things being how they are. Hopefully having a valid visa will help.

More
30 Jun 2020 07:14 #311512 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic I Just Wanna Say...
The U.S. may be the tougher part of the return. Europe is about to reopen inbound travel but will exclude the U.S. Phillipines may follow suit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
30 Jun 2020 07:27 #311513 by san il defanso
Yeah, that's part of our calculus for how this will all go down. Our original plan was to head back for three months, but there's a decent chance a potential trip would need to be longer because of how travel from the US might hypothetically be restricted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
01 Jul 2020 14:22 #311577 by fightcitymayor
Replied by fightcitymayor on topic I Just Wanna Say...

san il defanso wrote: Our final destination is Pittsburgh, and we will probably hunker down there near family for our few months back.

I regret to inform you Allegheny County recorded 110 new positive COVID cases yesterday, the highest single day increase since this whole mess started. So... yeah... sorry about that.

More
13 Jul 2020 16:59 #311985 by ubarose
Crappy code is crappy.

Someone on my team wrote a bunch of stuff using the the Business Specs from like a year ago, instead of the most recent revised specs. Then they got transferred to another project a little over a month ago. Our testers are finally catching up with the backlog, which means I'm now stuck re-coding this person's crappy code.

More
13 Jul 2020 17:23 #311988 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic I Just Wanna Say...
I spent the day trying to re-write some crappy code that is 13 years old. The person who wrote it can't really remember what it does of course. This problem is made even worse by the fact that that person is me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, mads b., jeb, Sagrilarus, Jackwraith, Ancient_of_MuMu, sornars, n815e

More
13 Jul 2020 17:37 #311989 by ubarose

hotseatgames wrote: I spent the day trying to re-write some crappy code that is 13 years old. The person who wrote it can't really remember what it does of course. This problem is made even worse by the fact that that person is me.

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
13 Jul 2020 18:43 #311993 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic I Just Wanna Say...
I look at some of my old code and I think, how the hell did I do this? Like, good and bad. I had something with prime numbers to figure out how many columns to populate in Excel? What was even going on there?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds