October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Shaken Man Child Syndrome

• SuperWeeks TNT
  • SuperWeeks TNT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jul 2011 14:54 #99279 by SuperWeeks TNT
Shaken Man Child Syndrome was created by SuperWeeks TNT

This is a critical time for Jon Jacob. He just had a baby and he is missing his hobbies so he may be in danger of being shaken! Ken has altready been shaken and suffrered.

Don't let this happen to the other man children on this site!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SuperWeeks TNT
  • SuperWeeks TNT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jul 2011 15:16 #99281 by SuperWeeks TNT
Replied by SuperWeeks TNT on topic Re: Shaken Man Child Syndrome

Hello. I am Ward Cleaver. I thought I would take this opportunity to talk to you about giving up your man child ways and becoming men. Many of you had bought into the idea that being young, care free and children forever is the way to live your lives. But this is wrong. If we look to nature the birds push their young out of the nest for a reason and those that stay in the nest will surely die.

There is no doubt childhood can be fun but I am here to tell you that being an adult is much more rewarding than living in a basement, wearing a Slayer T-shirt and wearing flip flops while eating cheetoes.

Look at me! I eat dinner every night in a suit and tie. I don't get sloppy drunk. I have a cocktail once in a while in moderation. I have a good job as an accountant and my wonderful wife June and I have sex once a month.

I get to play golf every Saturday and come home to a wonderful clean house and a full cooked meal. I give advise to Beaver and Wally and can take satisfaction in the fact that I am doing my best to uphold community standards.

I am not against games. I play a game of bridge every week but when your closet is overflowing with boardgames it is time to take a hard look at priorities. A man child has no future, he is a drain on our government and will most likely end up on disability due to his obesity.

Moderation is the key. Once you have done a good days work you can enjoy some relaxation. Find yourself a good woman and build a strong and rewarding future. I did it and so can you!

Ward Cleaver

More
11 Jul 2011 16:19 #99286 by Dr. Mabuse
I'm gonna leave a note on the fridge for my mom to watch this video.

More
11 Jul 2011 20:52 #99313 by OldHippy
I just want to make this clear. That blog was partly sarcastic, that's common in my writing, I thought it was humorus but that's up for debate. Also, I've never been to a con or made any kind of outside of the city trip to play boardgames. It's just not my style and I don't love games that much.

Would I?

If given the opportunity, time, money... essentially everything would have to be in place as there is little to no chance I'd go out of my way to make it happen. My game night with buddies was kind of like some peoples poker night with buddies. One night a week and occasionally a bud shows up on a week day to play some game as well.

But Steve, your post as Ward is a stroke of genius.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds