October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Hey All! I'm Chris from Everything Epic Games!

More
06 Dec 2013 20:23 #166969 by EverythingEpicGames
Hey Everybody!

As a huge lover of "Ameritrash" I'm very happy to have found this Site! I got a referral from a friend from SixPence Games who told me I'd really enjoy it and the commentary on "My Kind of Game"

Some of my Favorite games are: Arkham Horror, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Tales of Arabian nights, Mice and Mystics, Agents of Smersh, Wiz-War, Wrath of Ashardalon and other WotC games, Fortune and Glory, Elder Sign, Zombicide which I consider a Miniature/Ameritrash Game :P, Battlestar Galactica, Avalon (the resistance) Coup, Shadows over Camelot ... and MORE lol... I just started listing like a loon...

Sorry about that...
Anyways ... A little more about me :P since this is an Introduce yourself ZONE: ... I am a Teacher of Reading at a Special Ed School... by Day... and by night... Game Designer and Publisher ... I just finished my first game Secrets of the Lost Tomb which is the culmination of all the great games that I love (Listed Above) and of course a lifetime of Cool Action Adventure Movies! We're on boardgamegeek any my website everythingepicgames com (And on Kickstarter) if you feel like checkin' it out...

I really look forward to chatting about Board Games...especially ones with THEME!!! and STORY!!! .... the ones the Europeans Hate... like COOPERATIVE GAMES ! LOL..... anyway... Hope to hear from some of you folks soon and I'll start posting when I can! ... (Things be hectic on the ole KS) so once that is finished I'll be able to post a ton more!

Anyway! Talk to You Folks SOON!

---Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: epaparellanto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 21:27 #166972 by Aarontu
Welcome to F;AT! It's awesome fun times around here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EverythingEpicGames, epaparellanto

More
07 Dec 2013 00:02 #166985 by EverythingEpicGames
Thanks very much! I appreciate it! :)

Any forums you suggest I check out first?!

More
07 Dec 2013 00:42 #166991 by ubarose

EverythingEpicGames wrote: Thanks very much! I appreciate it! :)

Any forums you suggest I check out first?!

Welcome to the Fort.

Personally, I find that the most interesting reading and discussions is in the Articles section of the Fort. I particularly like the Analysis Section

Rants and Raves is also fun, particularly the Rants.

More
07 Dec 2013 00:43 #166992 by SaMoKo
Definitely check out Bitchfest and He Fucking Shit Then Bullshit first to get an idea of what a proper freak out is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete, epaparellanto

More
07 Dec 2013 01:26 - 07 Dec 2013 01:27 #166995 by tscook
You seem cool but stop using so many fucking ellipses tia
Last edit: 07 Dec 2013 01:27 by tscook.

More
07 Dec 2013 01:31 #166997 by ThirstyMan
What's an ellipse?

More
07 Dec 2013 01:38 #166998 by tscook
'Ellipses'... is the plural of 'ellipse'... and ellipsis'... I was referring to 'ellipsis'...

More
07 Dec 2013 06:51 #167009 by Erik Twice
No train games, no respect.

Welcome :)

More
07 Dec 2013 07:25 #167011 by flim_flam

ThirstyMan wrote: What's an ellipse?

It was that awful euro-y 4X space game the came out a few years back. The one Matt Loter dislikes with a passion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, epaparellanto

More
07 Dec 2013 08:19 #167014 by Sagrilarus

You're a physics teacher and you don't know what an ellipse is? What the hell dude?

Hey Chris, lay off the semi-major axes will ya?

I endorse the Analysis section whole-heartedly. I publish my stuff there so I can look smart.

S.

More
07 Dec 2013 08:59 #167019 by ThirstyMan

Sagrilarus wrote:

You're a physics teacher and you don't know what an ellipse is? What the hell dude?

I endorse the Analysis section whole-heartedly. I publish my stuff there so I can look smart.

S.

Of course I know what a friggin ellipse is. As the guy didn't draw any ellipses, I'm assuming that there is another meaning that I am unaware of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, epaparellanto

More
07 Dec 2013 10:10 #167022 by hotseatgames

More
07 Dec 2013 14:42 #167043 by tscook

ThirstyMan wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

Of course I know what a friggin ellipse is. As the guy didn't draw any ellipses, I'm assuming that there is another meaning that I am unaware of.

They aren't... ellipsises... they are... ellipses....

More
07 Dec 2013 14:44 #167045 by Black Barney
That was the worst of the Twilight movies too

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds