Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome to Trash Talk

Welcome to Trash Talk 16 May 2018 16:57 #273436

Welcome to one of the oldest and most active board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true. It's also only possible because new people like you have continued to join and participate.

Most of us have been to established game nights where we didn't know anyone there so we understand how intimidating it can be when you first find us. Not to mention this forum has often been said to have a "clubhouse" vibe as both a positive endorsement and a negative critique. Unfortunately being online we can't bond with you over a game of Crokinole and a pint of beer so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now you'll just have to take our word for it.

Be brave and jump in for a swim. We don't bite much. :-)
  • ChristopherMD
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Road Warrior
  • Thank you received: 1795
Last Edit: 16 May 2018 16:59 by ChristopherMD.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, MattDP, mads b., Gary Sax, Sagrilarus, Black Barney, san il defanso, DukeofChutney, sornars, Erik Twice and this user have 1 others thankyou

Welcome to Trash Talk 16 May 2018 20:22 #273450

Cheers for the welcome.
Longish time lurker, but I signed up with the announcement about the new writers etc. Looking forward to them and continuing to read the discussion in here (at least something of my collection owes a bit to that euro reclamation thing heh).
  • mc
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 19
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Michael Barnes, MattDP, Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Sagrilarus, jpat, Jackwraith, lj1983, stormseeker75 and this user have 3 others thankyou

Welcome to Trash Talk 16 May 2018 22:09 #273455

Yeah, PLEASE do not be afraid/cowed/intimidated/otherwise reluctant to speak up on whatever topic suits your fancy. I know that all of the writers (self included) would love to have people's input about what they're writing about and their opinions on it, in addition to hearing about "What X you've been Xing" on the fora. Go ahead and dive into the deep end.
  • Jackwraith
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 1178
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, mc

Welcome to Trash Talk 16 May 2018 22:16 #273456

This site has always, from its earliest days, thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. I believe I speak for for all of our writing staff when I say that the greatest compliment you can pay us is to comment on our work- even if it’s just to voice your disagreement!
  • Michael Barnes
  • Mountebank
  • HYPOCRITE
  • Thank you received: 7008
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattDP, Southernman, ChristopherMD, WadeMonnig

Welcome to Trash Talk 16 May 2018 23:51 #273460

I came for the articles and stayed for the people.
  • SuperflyTNT
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 4134
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds