October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New poster getting bored with BGG

More
02 May 2011 13:22 #95547 by SuperflyPete

Stephen Avery wrote: No I'm more like the really awful comedian that they just can't catch with the hook.

...and thank a lot Barnes for ruining my whole "AT CLUB PASS" scheme. That was a pretty good gig until you blew it.

Steve"now what I am going to do to make spending money"Avery

I just played Spy Trackdown with the wife and kid on Saturday (with a working phone) and it's one of the most fun little deduction games EVER.

To me, you're 'Stephen "A Limitless Wealth Of Knowledge On Light AT Games" Avery'. Well worth 8 hours in the car.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2011 15:11 #95559 by Stephen Avery

So you're like the Les Dawson character, Cosmo Smallpiece?

I am *exactly* like that. B-B-B-BOOBIES!

A Limitless Wealth Of Knowledge On Light AT Games"

That would actually be Frank Branham. His knowledge of AT games is astonishing. And he knows the rules. All of them. To every game. Ever.

Barnes rival him on his knowledge of movies though. And if you get Frank, Barnes and Zev together you might as well go grab a beer and come back a few hours later because they'll still be talking about movies.

However, my knowledge of Boobies is superior.

Steve"B&B"Avery

More
02 May 2011 15:29 #95560 by jeb
Hahaha, BGG is like a recruitment center for this place. Me, I am not actively anti-BGG. Great database. Solid trading community. They help me find awesome deals too. But the forums in there? Unless you are getting a squirrelly rules question answered, they are just such a mess. It's as though you are not allowed to be an adult, even if you opt to behave childishly. This is the default setting in here.

Remember, you can help the Fort by doing a couple of things:
  1. Pin yourself to the Google Map so we can hunt you down and eat your games.
  2. Enter Amazon through the Fort store . Even if you're buying children's books . The Fort gets a small cut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, san il defanso, johnnyspys

More
02 May 2011 17:50 #95575 by san il defanso
I'm with Jeb. I don't have a real problem with BGG. I've never done anything remotely controversial enough to get on anyone's bad side there (or here, for that matter). The site is a dreadful mess though. It's super-hard to find content after it's stopped being hot. I use it a lot like I use IMDB, with all that that implies.

But I really love the Forums and the community here, and I think you will too johnnyspys. Welcome to the Fortress.

More
02 May 2011 18:59 #95586 by Dair
Jeb, how do I pin myself to that map. I can see the map, but am at a loss to add myself. Do I use the "Collaborate" link?

More
02 May 2011 20:11 #95592 by Black Barney
Welcome to the Fort, Johnny. Tell me, do you swing?

More
02 May 2011 20:18 #95594 by johnnyspys

Black Barney wrote: Welcome to the Fort, Johnny. Tell me, do you swing?

Nope I don't dance...:-)

More
02 May 2011 20:28 #95597 by jeb
In re: The Spawn of F:AT map : There's an Edit button next to the Collaborate one. That puts a toolbar on the Map that lets you drop a new pin. I put one down for my summer location in Israel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dair

More
12 Dec 2014 12:17 #192569 by silverbowen

SanIlDefanso wrote: I've never done anything remotely controversial enough to get on anyone's bad side there (or here, for that matter).

Seems like every time I post anything that isn't a mundane rule question I get banned over there. So maybe you aren't trying hard enough?

Also, hi everyone :)

More
12 Dec 2014 12:52 #192580 by Gary Sax
I wonder how Steve Avery is doing these days. Nice dude.

More
12 Dec 2014 12:56 - 12 Dec 2014 13:02 #192581 by Mr. White
I like how the OP was 'new poster getting bored with BGG'...and that same user hasn't posted here in 2 years.

Must got bored of F:AT. :/

But, yeah, the list of MIA F:ATtiess continues to grow.

Pat II
MJ
Avery
Southernman
Schwieg
Skeletor
Branham (has he left?)
Ken B
Dan Daly (he had some great sales)
Last edit: 12 Dec 2014 13:02 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, jeb, Gary Sax

More
12 Dec 2014 16:36 #192607 by southernman
I'm just a (very) intermittent browser, lost the 'chat' a few years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, jeb, Space Ghost

More
12 Dec 2014 17:29 #192621 by Michael Barnes
Which is a real shame, Tom. You're missed. But c'est la vie.

Damn, can you imagine if Tom were still around these days? We'd have TWO eldery, angry Englishmen...the Southernman/Thirstyman axis would bring this place to its KNEES.

More
12 Dec 2014 18:01 #192628 by bomber
I'd like to be included in the old angry englishman club if Andy is getting the beers in, thanks.

More
13 Dec 2014 17:40 #192703 by southernman

Michael Barnes wrote: Which is a real shame, Tom. You're missed. But c'est la vie.

Damn, can you imagine if Tom were still around these days? We'd have TWO eldery, angry Englishmen...the Southernman/Thirstyman axis would bring this place to its KNEES.

Not-that-elderly Kiwi ... but otherwise correct, life goes on with its ups and downs and change of paths.
All the best to everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Black Barney, OldHippy

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds