October 09, 2023
2426 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2633 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Bookmarks, 404s, and other broken stuff

More
01 Feb 2015 21:37 #196659 by membersa
Testing from chrome as logged in member
The topic has been locked.
More
01 Feb 2015 21:54 #196661 by ubarose

Grudunza wrote: This is still a WIP I hope, right? I read F:AT almost exclusively on my iPhone and that experience seems a lot worse now with having to scroll down past so much at every page just to get to the content.

craniac wrote: Stuck with just my phone in Sri Slanka. The mobile site looks great.

HA!

Actually, I haven't done much work on the phone version yet, other than some basics. It will get some love later this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza
More
01 Feb 2015 22:08 #196662 by ubarose

VonTush wrote: Just received an email from Brewmeister:

Would you mind forwarding to Uba I'm having some issues with the website? I use Chrome and seem to be seeing things ok but when I try to comment on a thread I get an access denied screen. My mail seems to be messed up as well.

Doesn't seem to be Chrome related. I just posted from Chrome with the test member account.

For about 12 hours from around 3am - 3pm today we were throwing a lot of fatal errors, which can result in everyone getting logged off the site. That would give you a denied screen if you happened to get the boot while you were posting. Happened to Repo this afternoon.
More
01 Feb 2015 22:33 #196664 by Gary Sax
I really like the new front page on normal browsers, specifically the improved way it highlights 6-7 of the last contributions. I think it will make sure nothing gets buried in case another popular article goes up the next day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose
More
01 Feb 2015 22:48 - 01 Feb 2015 22:49 #196665 by ubarose

Gary Sax wrote: I really like the new front page on normal browsers, specifically the improved way it highlights 6-7 of the last contributions. I think it will make sure nothing gets buried in case another popular article goes up the next day.

Have you clicked on these buttons yet. I think they are totally fun. Best part of the new site.

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2015 22:49 by ubarose.
More
01 Feb 2015 23:46 #196671 by cdennett
Minor gripe: seems like the first time I click on Trash talk from the top menu, nothing shows up as "New" in the threads. If new stuff is added later while I'm clicking around, it seems to work. I'll try to narrow it down more as to when exactly it does and doesn't work, but I like to use the "New" indicator to guide thread hopping... I'm logged in, so that doesn't appear to be the issue.

BTW, I was also getting the "Don't have permissions" on trying to post to threads a day or two ago, but it resolved itself on its own (or rather when Uba fixed it).
More
02 Feb 2015 01:00 #196674 by ubarose

cdennett wrote: Minor gripe: seems like the first time I click on Trash talk from the top menu, nothing shows up as "New" in the threads. If new stuff is added later while I'm clicking around, it seems to work. I'll try to narrow it down more as to when exactly it does and doesn't work, but I like to use the "New" indicator to guide thread hopping... I'm logged in, so that doesn't appear to be the issue.

BTW, I was also getting the "Don't have permissions" on trying to post to threads a day or two ago, but it resolved itself on its own (or rather when Uba fixed it).

Sounds like you actually aren't logged in when you first arrive. Clicking around, or even just refreshing the page will log you back in. This could be related to the logon problem. I increased the session length (the site logs you out if you are inactive for too long. Inactive can be reading something, or composing a post. We will see if that fixes the problem.
More
02 Feb 2015 10:42 #196683 by Egg Shen
Uba - I haven't noticed any big problems...I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you've put in. The site looks great!
More
02 Feb 2015 10:48 - 02 Feb 2015 10:48 #196685 by Sagrilarus
I am unable to edit my F:At card, which states I'm a Monthly Columnist. (That's an outright lie by the way, and my intention was to change it to a Semi-Annual Columnist.)

Many of the buttons look grayed out, as in when you're editing your profile. They're clickable and it may just be the color scheme. But the buttons below this thread posting are clearly hot, with bold black text.

Thanks for the explanation on the images. I haven't tried the Article publisher yet. I'll try out the Attachments thing at the bottom of the forums.

Apparently it works? Yes it does. All this time it was that easy.
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 10:48 by Sagrilarus.
More
02 Feb 2015 15:17 #196699 by ChristopherMD
While on page 2 of the forum (I browse by Recent Topics) pressing the Recent Topics button keeps me on page 2.
More
03 Feb 2015 01:07 #196714 by Disgustipater
Just some personal preference stuff:

Any chance of making the browser page titles just the thread name and not preface them with "Fortress Ameritrash - Trash Talk - Topic: [thread title]"? That way when I open a ton of threads in new tabs I can actually see what topic each thread is?

Also, on the mobile site, please include a link to the desktop version, because I have not found one single mobile site that I like using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars
More
03 Feb 2015 03:16 #196716 by ubarose

Disgustipater wrote: Also, on the mobile site, please include a link to the desktop version, because I have not found one single mobile site that I like using.

No, because it's a responsive design, rather than two different templates or sites. If you are on your desktop, resize your browser, to make it narrower. Make it as narrow as you can. You can see how everything resizes and rearranges as it gets narrower. It's not perfect yet, but it is getting there.
More
03 Feb 2015 04:25 #196718 by MacDirk Diggler
I appreciate all the hard work. One crazy request... Anything you can do to make the front page have more..... personality? It just looks kinda stark, utilitarian, and blase. The last front page had more grit, huevos, and je ne sais qua. Who doesn't want more huevos in their face?
More
03 Feb 2015 05:26 #196719 by schlupp
Haven't seen this one mentioned yet: when you search for members ( fortressat.com/fat-account/my-community ) you get a blank page in each category (members, columnists, staff, contributing founders).

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this!
More
03 Feb 2015 08:29 - 03 Feb 2015 08:38 #196723 by groth
I appreciate the work you put into the site Uba.

I find the text small when reading front page content like reviews on an iPad Air.

In trash talk, I can read threads at a good size by double-tapping people's replies where I don't see the author, but their reply box zooms in to an optimal reading size.

Maybe the reviews from the front page can have a bigger size font.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2015 08:38 by groth.
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds