October 09, 2023
2426 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2633 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Bugs Reporting and Suggestions

More
13 Feb 2019 23:07 #292221 by ubarose
Nothing has changed in the past several weeks with regards to logging in. The site will log you off if you are inactive for two hours, but if you checked the remember me box when you first logged in, and hadn't logged in on any other device, you should be able to just refresh the page to re-logon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2019 23:11 #292222 by Jackwraith
Yeah, I always check that box when I log on. But between me making that post and coming back now, it logged me off again and I had to log in to make this one.

More
14 Feb 2019 00:37 #292230 by ubarose
Did you do anything that might have cleared your browser cache or cleaned your cookies. Like close you browser, which might be set to clear your cache when closed, or switch over to private browsing.

More
14 Feb 2019 07:21 #292235 by Jackwraith
No. I've done that in the past (cleared my cache) and had to log in again, like normal, but then only got the usual periodic (monthly?) check. I didn't make any changes this time.

More
14 Feb 2019 11:04 #292267 by cdennett

charlest wrote: I've never gotten that bug resolved and just gave up on it. My browser recognizes cookies for other sites but seems to be having trouble with this one.

It's quite the opposite for me. The old site used to constantly log me out multiple times in a day, whereas the new site I'm always logged on when I come back to it. So an improvement for me.

More
15 Feb 2019 02:19 - 15 Feb 2019 02:22 #292331 by ThirstyMan
I would like to know how to delete posts because I can't find a delete button.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2019 02:22 by ThirstyMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 Feb 2019 08:31 #292342 by ubarose
only Moderators can delete posts.

More
15 Feb 2019 10:03 #292356 by ThirstyMan
Which seems to be happening a little too frequently as I can't see any of the previous controversial discussion. A little ridiculous that I cannot delete my own post but someone out there who does not share my point of view...can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 Feb 2019 12:05 #292374 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Bugs Reporting and Suggestions
I thought I had written a post or replied to the YOUTUBE thread with some discussion about "This Is America" last spring, but I can't find anything about that in the Search. Am I crazy, or is Search not quite working, or was that one of the purged things? Leaning toward crazy, as 2018 is kind of a fever dream at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
15 Feb 2019 14:50 #292392 by Gary Sax

ThirstyMan wrote: Which seems to be happening a little too frequently as I can't see any of the previous controversial discussion. A little ridiculous that I cannot delete my own post but someone out there who does not share my point of view...can.

Yep, that's what moderation is.

Is there something in particular you want deleted? I can do it for you if you want. You can PM me or post here. I'm at a memorial service this weekend but I'll pop in and do it or one of the other mods can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
15 Feb 2019 15:12 #292397 by ubarose
@Jeb

That thread got corrupted when processing a batch update date on the database when we were restructuring the forums and optimizing the database. I posted an explaination at the time. We lost several threads, but that was the one that people missed and were upset about. I think it was around the time we screwed up your hearthstone thread but we were able to recover that. It really and truly was an unfortunate accident and I am so sorry it happened.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
15 Feb 2019 17:57 #292405 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Bugs Reporting and Suggestions
Oh yeah! I just forgot. No big deal. Thanks, Uba.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
15 Feb 2019 19:50 - 15 Feb 2019 19:52 #292410 by sornars

Gary Sax wrote:

ThirstyMan wrote: Which seems to be happening a little too frequently as I can't see any of the previous controversial discussion. A little ridiculous that I cannot delete my own post but someone out there who does not share my point of view...can.

Yep, that's what moderation is.

I would point out that most moderated forums do keep track of the content that is deleted. As a normal user we may not know the content that was deleted but it is usually clear that moderation has occured. TWBG's software seems to delete posts silently, which probably has its perks (less focus on forum drama is probably a big one), but it is a bit unnerving to return to a thread and find content you once read gone without a trace.

For example, I returned one day to find Superfly had deleted his account. I understand that the deletion was his decision but looking at his post history nothing seemed amiss which leads to a bit of an uneasy feeling as to why he disappeared. I continue to look forward to the updated moderation policies which I hope will provide some clairity on when threads will be locked and when they'll be deleted. I would also encourage us to adopt a policy of editing posts to say [deleted] ala reddit but that might just be my preference.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2019 19:52 by sornars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Twice

More
16 Feb 2019 15:00 #292439 by Shellhead
This isn't a bug so much as a PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer), but I have had trouble figuring out how to post images in nearly every iteration of this site, going way back to the old F:AT blogspot. Can somebody drop some knowledge on me? I post on a few other forums, and don't have this problem at those sites.

More
16 Feb 2019 15:26 - 16 Feb 2019 15:27 #292442 by groth
When I want to go to the latest page number of a Trash Talk thread, I have to hit the page number twice to go to that page. For example this thread has 9 pages, I hit the 9, a black 'pop up bubble' appears, then I have to hit the bubble to go to that page, otherwise it won't load the page.

Also, if I just select the title of the thread, I get a pop up bubble with a preview of the OP's post instead of just going to the thread I selected.

I also miss the previous format showing the last 3 page numbers of a long thread. For example 'What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?' just shows '1 2 3 … 675' for page numbers. Previous website format would've showed page numbers '673 674 675'. It was useful going directly to the 2nd to last page in a long thread because by the time I re-check that thread several post have been made & I have to go back 2 or 3 pages.

BTW, I'm viewing TWBG on an iPad.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2019 15:27 by groth.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds