October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Bugs Reporting and Suggestions

More
01 Dec 2021 18:23 - 04 Dec 2021 00:00 #328421 by Cranberries

ubarose wrote: A lot of BBCode is identical to HTML, except that it uses square brackets [ ]
instead of pointy brackets <>

It's just that I am super lazy.

I welcome the project of developing a workflow that lets me type stuff in markdown and spit it out in BBcode or whatever. It will be fun and help me put off all the grading that is giving me insomnia.

According to the Kunena docs under typography there is something called a Quantum theme that uses Spectre.css that will render markdown. However, it looks under documented, Kunena just seems janky as all get out, and we all know that tiny tweaks more often than not turn into hours-long nightmares for which nobody will ever be compensated.

If our lives are made of time, then wasting someone's time (something I have already done) is the equivalent of Colin the Energy vampire from "What We Do in the Shadows" draining away life force, which is what I am doing here, sorry.

Edit: www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/
Last edit: 04 Dec 2021 00:00 by Cranberries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2021 15:31 #328801 by Sagrilarus
If anybody can recommend a fix for me not being able to reach this web site without going through a VPN I would very much welcome it. This occurs on every machine in my house, does not occur when I use these machines in other locations. I get a timeout error.

My iPad can work via the VPN over an extended period of time, the connection to the VPN on my laptop is generally good for reading, but fails if I submit an entry to a conversation, indicating Secure Connection Failed. I need to disconnect and then reconnect to the VPN in order to successfully submit.

This is on Verizon.

More
15 Dec 2021 17:22 - 16 Dec 2021 06:47 #328806 by southernman

Sagrilarus wrote: If anybody can recommend a fix for me not being able to reach this web site without going through a VPN I would very much welcome it. This occurs on every machine in my house, does not occur when I use these machines in other locations. I get a timeout error.

My iPad can work via the VPN over an extended period of time, the connection to the VPN on my laptop is generally good for reading, but fails if I submit an entry to a conversation, indicating Secure Connection Failed. I need to disconnect and then reconnect to the VPN in order to successfully submit.

This is on Verizon.

Sounds like a job of matching up the error messages you get (without using the VPN) with whatever security Verizon is applying to their customers - that does not sound like a fun job. They may be using some firewall or web security (like a Cisco service) that is poking through your traffic at an application layer ... but I'm not experienced at that level of network security to guess much more than that.
I think that your initial problem analysis - you can't get on at home but can anywhere else (and so can the rest of the world - has nailed where the fault is :( ... best of luck trying to convince the large ISP they're at fault (that seldom never happens).
Last edit: 16 Dec 2021 06:47 by southernman.

More
15 Dec 2021 17:43 #328807 by ubarose

Sagrilarus wrote: If anybody can recommend a fix for me not being able to reach this web site without going through a VPN I would very much welcome it. This occurs on every machine in my house, does not occur when I use these machines in other locations. I get a timeout error.

This is on Verizon.

Can you email me a screenshot that includes your url address bar when you get the error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 Dec 2021 08:48 - 17 Dec 2021 09:24 #328852 by Sagrilarus
Working on that right now. Firefox, delay with Brave connection to site turned off, VPN on.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2021 09:24 by Sagrilarus.

More
24 Jan 2022 09:43 - 24 Jan 2022 09:45 #330026 by Legomancer
I'm trying to reply to a post and Preview isn't showing me anything.

What's more, I tried to upload an image to the post. I click on Attachments, Add File, select the image file. It just states the name of the image, nothing else. Preview still does nothing, Insert does nothing, and now Submit is greyed out.

Adding: I am on Chrome and have adblock on. Will try without that and see if that changes anything.

Turning of AdBlock didn't change anything.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2022 09:45 by Legomancer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3

More
24 Jan 2022 10:12 #330030 by Disgustipater
Those have been broken for more than a year. As the banner at the top of the forum mentions, "Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released."

More
24 Jan 2022 11:18 #330036 by Legomancer
ah. booooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3

More
24 Jan 2022 16:46 #330075 by allismom3

Legomancer wrote: I'm trying to reply to a post and Preview isn't showing me anything.

What's more, I tried to upload an image to the post. I click on Attachments, Add File, select the image file. It just states the name of the image, nothing else. Preview still does nothing, Insert does nothing, and now Submit is greyed out.

Adding: I am on Chrome and have adblock on. Will try without that and see if that changes anything.

Turning of AdBlock didn't change anything.

The same thing happened to me when I tried to upload a pic last month. I thought it was user error. Good to know that it wasn't just me.
Any ETA on when the patch might be coming?

More
30 May 2022 11:25 #333345 by Sagrilarus
Could not reach the site at all yesterday afternoon and evening. Was this a me problem, or a you problem?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
30 May 2022 12:14 #333348 by Msample
I had the same problem.

More
30 May 2022 13:37 #333352 by southernman
Definitely a site or provider issue - got a DNS lookup failure. Was down for a day or two, www.isitdownrightnow.com/ couldn't find it.

More
30 May 2022 14:26 #333356 by Jackwraith
Was a site problem. I pinged uba about it this morning and she rebooted it. She's supposed to get a notice from the provider when the site goes down, but hasn't gotten anything the last couple times it's happened. I held out because I thought she might've had it offline to do some maintenance, but will be more prompt about it in th future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, sornars, WadeMonnig

More
30 May 2022 19:55 #333361 by Cranberries

Sagrilarus wrote: Could not reach the site at all yesterday afternoon and evening. Was this a me problem, or a you problem?

This got me thinking about how sad I would be if this site went away. I need to donate more.
idnameagegender
1Roberta39M
2Oliver25M
3Shayna18F
4Fechin18M

I discovered an excel-->bbcode utility. Get ready for some tedious exploitation of this feature
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, southernman, Nodens

More
30 May 2022 20:02 - 30 May 2022 20:24 #333362 by Cranberries
Gaming related tasks
Put on my reading glasses and review the rules for Pax Pamir.
Read the individual cards for Pax Pamir
Review the rules for Hammer of the Scots and play a second game, this time the correct way
Contact my buddy about Sleeping Gods
Read the rules for Android
Use Father's Day guilt to play a game of Galaxy Trucker with the kids, who are now all adults
Sell that copy off Tales of the Arabian Nights that I got for $50
Decide whether to install those new longboard bearings or get a kick scooter
Last edit: 30 May 2022 20:24 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Nodens

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.154 seconds