Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

T
thegiantbrain
August 11, 2022
191 0
W
WadeMonnig
August 10, 2022
450 1
O
oliverkinne
August 09, 2022
507 0
T
thegiantbrain
August 04, 2022
442 0
O
oliverkinne
August 01, 2022
740 0

Scout Board Game Review

Board Game Reviews
O
oliverkinne
July 29, 2022
830 0
T
thegiantbrain
July 28, 2022
513 0
W
WadeMonnig
July 27, 2022
860 1
O
oliverkinne
July 26, 2022
956 0
T
thegiantbrain
July 25, 2022
718 0

The Split - Review

Board Game Reviews
T
thegiantbrain
July 21, 2022
778 0
W
WadeMonnig
July 20, 2022
1133 1
MB
Michael Barnes
July 14, 2022
2596 0
T
thegiantbrain
July 14, 2022
726 0
A
adamr
July 13, 2022
832 0
×
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Uploading Pictures still an issue?

More
26 May 2022 12:01 #333291 by southernman

ubarose wrote:

southernman wrote:

Virabhadra wrote: Could I buy a banner ad that just says "Fortress Ameritrash"?

Are we allowed to buy banners that are derisive of games like ... er, ... say GAMES WORKSHOP :cheer:


Will it make me laugh?


Does watching Mr Barnes turn red make you laugh ... :whistle: ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 12:04 - 26 May 2022 12:05 #333292 by southernman

ubarose wrote:

cdennett wrote:

Virabhadra wrote: Could I buy a banner ad that just says "Fortress Ameritrash"?

Only if when you click on the banner it links to " http://fortressat.com "


Click on the link and see where it goes.


http://fortressat.com .....WOW :ohmy:
Last edit: 26 May 2022 12:05 by southernman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 12:19 - 26 May 2022 12:21 #333294 by southernman

ubarose wrote: We run about $20 - $40 short each month.

We have our annual server bill coming due in July, and we look to be about $433 short.

Fixing the forum would cost about another $120.

Folks who use the site regularly and feel it is important to them might want to consider signing up for $1 - $5 contribution monthly. You can do that via the donation button at the bottom of the forum. You barely notice it and it keeps the site running.

Of course, single contributions are always welcome.

And you can also buy a banner ad. For $10 you could declare yourself the awesomeness for a month.


Anyone up for a '25 x $20 (instant donation)' mission to get the site back into the black ?
And perhaps just contact Uba directly so the thread doesn't turn into a 'Let's Donate' receipt thread ...
Last edit: 26 May 2022 12:21 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 13:34 #333298 by jason10mm
If we can make it a stretch goal that Michael Barnes has to narrate the dryest eurogame rule book possible, in its entirety!, then I'm in :P

I nominate Princes of FLorence and Barnes has to dress the part of a dour scowling renassaince man was he reads it :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Msample, hotseatgames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 13:57 #333300 by ubarose

southernman wrote:

ubarose wrote: We run about $20 - $40 short each month.

We have our annual server bill coming due in July, and we look to be about $433 short.

Fixing the forum would cost about another $120.

Folks who use the site regularly and feel it is important to them might want to consider signing up for $1 - $5 contribution monthly. You can do that via the donation button at the bottom of the forum. You barely notice it and it keeps the site running.

Of course, single contributions are always welcome.

And you can also buy a banner ad. For $10 you could declare yourself the awesomeness for a month.


Anyone up for a '25 x $20 (instant donation)' mission to get the site back into the black ?
And perhaps just contact Uba directly so the thread doesn't turn into a 'Let's Donate' receipt thread ...


You don’t need to contact me. Just click the donate button at the bottom of the page, or the advertise here button at the top. I can post a running total if people would like. And it looks like I already have a couple thank yous to get out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 13:57 #333301 by ubarose

jason10mm wrote: If we can make it a stretch goal that Michael Barnes has to narrate the dryest eurogame rule book possible, in its entirety!, then I'm in :P

I nominate Princes of FLorence and Barnes has to dress the part of a dour scowling renassaince man was he reads it :P


Lol. I’ll ask him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 15:24 #333303 by southernman

jason10mm wrote: If we can make it a stretch goal that Michael Barnes has to narrate the dryest eurogame rule book possible, in its entirety!, then I'm in :P

I nominate Princes of FLorence and Barnes has to dress the part of a dour scowling renassaince man was he reads it :P

He'll just need the clothing and he'll be sorted then ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason10mm, hotseatgames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 18:18 #333305 by Virabhadra
I'm getting sober first the first time since I was a regular reader here about eight years ago - rejoining this site and reconnecting with the hobby have been a big part of that. I intended to stay silent about having made a triple-digit donation, but thought it would be worth mentioning for whatever additional goodwill it might curry for the site in this thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2022 14:17 - 27 May 2022 15:36 #333320 by southernman

Virabhadra wrote: I'm getting sober first the first time since I was a regular reader here about eight years ago - rejoining this site and reconnecting with the hobby have been a big part of that. I intended to stay silent about having made a triple-digit donation, but thought it would be worth mentioning for whatever additional goodwill it might curry for the site in this thread.

I'll match your 9.99 - who's up next :silly: ?

Nah ;) - congrats on your life direction and thankyou for the awesome help, I don't come here as much these days but there are still a LOT of people who enjoy the articles and discussions here.
Last edit: 27 May 2022 15:36 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds