October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

"CRYBABY"???

More
23 Jan 2008 08:23 #1288 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:
It's this 'two profile' business that Uba or Ken told us about - seems the profile we initially had and probably filled some info into is now linked to the website but the second profile linked to the forums, which is a bit tricky to edit once you do find it, now starts displaying bits when you add some info in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2008 11:58 #1293 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:
TWO profiles?!! Why on earth have two? And where do I find the second?

I see there's new new thermometre style bar between Posts and Offline/etc. Have you linked to BGG so it can show how irritated / close to banning we are? Mr Skeletor's is nearly at the far right (and probably stays there I guess)!

More
23 Jan 2008 12:01 #1294 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:
Found it: Your Profile on the left & My Profile on the top.

More
23 Jan 2008 12:08 #1295 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:
TO THE MAX, BABY~!

• zozo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Jan 2008 13:49 #1302 by zozo
Replied by zozo on topic Re: Two Profiles
Adrian Bolt wrote:

TWO profiles?!! Why on earth have two?

I stickied Uba's explaination about the two profiles. Essentially it says we're fucked until a new version or patch is released.

The lines under the profile are up until we finish de-bugging something. Ignore them they will go away.

More
23 Jan 2008 15:29 #1306 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re: Two Profiles
Thanks for making it a stickie, I missed seeing ubarose's explanation. I'm curious, is the reason there's two profiles because you're using one piece of software for the forums and one for the rest?

More
23 Jan 2008 16:21 #1313 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re: Two Profiles
We are using a CMS which can be customized with 3rd party extensions. Out of the box, the CMS allows you to create and organize content (i.e. we can write articles and assign them to sections and categories). It also has some options with regard to how that content is displayed, such as do you want to show one article on the front page or three. Finally, it semi automates creating menu links to the content.

Everything else is 3rd party extension - the ability to comment on articles, the ability to have an avatar, the forum, the main site profiles, the personal messaging system.

It's kind of like how you install plug ins for your browser. You probably have installed several of them - Quick Time, Flash, maybe the Google tool bar. Go to the Firefox website and you can see all the extensions that you can install for that browser. If you ever have installed extensions or plug ins, you know that some of them work better than others, and some of them don't play nice with others.

Anyway, the latest version of the forum extension has some problems, one of which is that you couldn't unsubscribe from threads via the profile extension, which you could do on the prior version. It was a pain in the ass for people to have to navigate to each thread to unsubscribe, and none of us felt like debugging the extension code, so we temporarily turned on the forum profile so people could unsubscribe using the subscription list that is there. Once the patch, plug in or new version is released that corrects the problem, we will fully integrate the profile extension with the forum extension.

More
23 Jan 2008 17:38 #1318 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re: Two Profiles
Thanks for the interesting reply. Maybe I should have guessed you're using a conflicting clutch of third party add-ons, that's the usual suspect when there's a clash isn't it? I'd noticed Joomla mentioned when I first registered; did you look at many alternatives? I've had Joomla marked for investigation, along with the related Mamboserver, and PostNuke CMS. (And one or two others.)

Not to mention CSS stuff, PHP, SQL, etc, etc. The list seems endless.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds