October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Barnestorming- Homeland in Review, Mega Man 3, Auro, The Oscars

More
27 Feb 2015 10:37 #198426 by Egg Shen
I still think that Mega Man 2 just barely edges out Mega Man 3. It's just the more iconic game. It has the better robot masters and I think the stage design is a little tighter. Also the music in that game is so fucking good.

Both of them are fiendishly hard, but HIGHLY rewarding. I remember thinking when I was a child that getting the boss's weapon to use afterwards was the fucking shit. Then having to figure out the best order to complete the stages using the newly acquired weapon (pre-internet)...god damn. Awesome times. I can still boot up most of the Mega Man games on the NES and have a blast with them. MM2 & MM3 are the creme de la creme though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2015 13:05 #198463 by slayerming2

ThirstyMan wrote:

slayerming2 wrote: Hey Michael

Just wondering if your interested in the new Underworld Ascendant?
www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidega...ndant?ref=nav_search

Seems like it could turn out to be a pretty interesting game!

And you wouldn't, by any chance, happen to have a commercial interest in this game? Shill elsewhere please.

Good point if I wanted to shill a game I should probably have gone to a bigger site....And definitely not one being run by Michael Barnes.

Anyway I was just interested to know his thoughts on the game since this is probably one of the most interesting gaming projects in a long while.

More
27 Feb 2015 13:18 #198466 by SuperflyPete
Barnes doesn't "run" the site, for starters, and as an aside, I'll take a Barnes over any of the Billy Mays Shillmasters all day long. If I want to be sold something, I'll go to BGG. If I want to hear the truth about something, I come here, where people's opinions aren't smothered by passive-aggressive mockery and sometimes overzealous moderation.

The hype wagon stops here, and you should have a little more respect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
27 Feb 2015 13:19 #198468 by SuperflyPete
Now that the unpleasantness has passed, is this a licensed game? Did Origins relinquish title or something, or is this an "in honor of" kind of deal? It does look slick as a monkey's dick, and I'd be really tempted to get in on it if it was a Garriott game.

More
27 Feb 2015 14:03 - 27 Feb 2015 14:04 #198478 by ubarose

slayerming2 wrote:

ThirstyMan wrote:

slayerming2 wrote: Hey Michael

Just wondering if your interested in the new Underworld Ascendant?
www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidega...ndant?ref=nav_search

Seems like it could turn out to be a pretty interesting game!

And you wouldn't, by any chance, happen to have a commercial interest in this game? Shill elsewhere please.

Good point if I wanted to shill a game I should probably have gone to a bigger site....And definitely not one being run by Michael Barnes.

Anyway I was just interested to know his thoughts on the game since this is probably one of the most interesting gaming projects in a long while.

Since you have been a member here for 5 months, you should be familiar with our members feelings about Kickstarter and our site's policies regarding it. However, in case you need a reminder, here is a link: http://fortressat.com/forum/28-trade-forums/158795-kickstarter-news

If you want to avoid being thought poorly of, I suggest you get yourself an avatar, and post about this Kickstarter in a more appropriate thread. Either the ones listed in the above link, or in the current Kickstarter News article http://fortressat.com/news-newsflashes/5209-board-games-on-kickstarter-feb-27

And Pete, you should probably follow him to where ever he posts to continue to discuss this topic. Let's keep this conversation on topic.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2015 14:04 by ubarose.

More
27 Feb 2015 14:25 #198481 by Almalik
I have to admit, I'm seriously fucking interested to see what they do with Family Guy.

More
27 Feb 2015 15:23 - 27 Feb 2015 15:23 #198485 by VonTush

ThirstyMan wrote: Logging your games played? Why?

I just started doing this myself at the first of the year (seemed like a good time). Why? Just simple I wanted to start seeing what it was I was playing and how long it was since I last played. I was curious and thought it'd be a fun, alternate way, to interact with my hobby.

ThirstyMan wrote: Filling in your For Trade list? No thanks.

There's been a handful of games that I've manged to snag in trade that are hard to come by. The Bugman's Game (thanks Dogmatix!) and Train Raider (whatever happened to Sgt Dave?). It is also a good way to clear out some games I no longer have an interest in...Like a bunch of Euros I stocked up on early on and later regretted.

ThirstyMan wrote: Informed comments and fun to contribute? No.

About the only real thing I visit there are the personal comments on games from people - The GeekBuddy thing. The little blurbs from people I know online I find vastly more helpful than someone's random review. Knowing the person's tastes, their rating and a few sentences about their thoughts are vastly more informative than a 10,000 word rules recap "review". I recently started filling mine out as a way to return the favor I guess.

As far as contributing in the forums there...Nah, not really for me.

ThirstyMan wrote: Mostly, I think BGG think they are more influential than they are and assume that anyone, who is anyone, must be part of their sphere of influence. Garbage.

That I agree, but I think it is because BGG is often an easy sell (if you break the code). Cater towards their tastes, get them salivating about something and you're well on your way to burning through a few thousand copy print run.

Well those be my answers to your questions.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2015 15:23 by VonTush.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983, Gregarius

More
27 Feb 2015 17:39 #198501 by Black Barney
lol, great notes on the Oscars. all I caught was Terrence Howard (who I called Cuba Gooding Jr, omg) and Travota's face touching. I turned if off and didn't go back. Oh man.. I'd soon watch Curb to be that uncomfortable.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds