Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 03 Sep 2017 22:38 #253663

All through the colossal space battle at the end of Rogue One, I found it hard to concentrate. Seeing all those huge ships, the swarms of fighters, the epic scale, my brain kept turning back to Star Wars: Armada. That was especially true for the moment the Hammerhead Corvette came on the screen. I knew there was a new model for it coming for the game. And once the scene played out, I knew I had to have it.

Read more...
  • MattDP
  • MattDP's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Shiny Balls
  • Number Of Fence
  • Posts: 3236
  • Thank you received: 1097
Oftentimes defeat is splendid, victory may still be shame;
Luck is good, the prize is pleasant but the glory's in the game!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, panzerattack, SuperflyTNT

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 04 Sep 2017 01:28 #253664

"Wave 5 and 6" aka "milking nerds who don't know better". Its like stealing lunch money from retarded kids
  • Thrun
  • Thrun's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D4
  • Posts: 167
  • Thank you received: 116
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 04 Sep 2017 02:31 #253665

Bojack wrote:
"Wave 5 and 6" aka "milking nerds who don't know better". Its like stealing lunch money from retarded kids

Of course it is. Nothing to do with fans wanting interesting strategic options for a fun game.
  • MattDP
  • MattDP's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Shiny Balls
  • Number Of Fence
  • Posts: 3236
  • Thank you received: 1097
Oftentimes defeat is splendid, victory may still be shame;
Luck is good, the prize is pleasant but the glory's in the game!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 04 Sep 2017 07:11 #253667

Thanks for the reviews, once these things get many waves in it's hard to find reviews of the new material. Very useful!

I'm glad I don't follow the meta. Sounds kind of soul crushing. I get why others are into it, but...
  • Gary Sax
  • Gary Sax's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8370
  • Thank you received: 3038
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 04 Sep 2017 07:38 #253668

Have you played the Corellian Campaign Matt? We're just about to start a campaign and I was wondering if you had any thoughts to share on it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 04 Sep 2017 07:56 #253670

panzerattack wrote:
Have you played the Corellian Campaign Matt? We're just about to start a campaign and I was wondering if you had any thoughts to share on it?

I haven't played it, no. I was really keen when it was first announced, but the final product is fairly different from the original concept. When initial feedback suggested that - like most campaign setups - it had a bad strong get stronger problem, I lost interest. That's absolutely the last thing you want if you're going to invest the time and effort in a long term series of games.
  • MattDP
  • MattDP's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Shiny Balls
  • Number Of Fence
  • Posts: 3236
  • Thank you received: 1097
Oftentimes defeat is splendid, victory may still be shame;
Luck is good, the prize is pleasant but the glory's in the game!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 04 Sep 2017 08:07 #253671

I like the idea of giving a shit about your ships getting destroyed though.

IIRC, Malloc posted about it on FB and liked it, but he didn't say much about if it was balanced over many games.
  • Gary Sax
  • Gary Sax's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8370
  • Thank you received: 3038
Last Edit: 04 Sep 2017 08:09 by Gary Sax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: Armada Wave 5 & 6 Review 12 Sep 2017 13:46 #254134

MattDP wrote:
panzerattack wrote:
Have you played the Corellian Campaign Matt? We're just about to start a campaign and I was wondering if you had any thoughts to share on it?

I haven't played it, no. I was really keen when it was first announced, but the final product is fairly different from the original concept. When initial feedback suggested that - like most campaign setups - it had a bad strong get stronger problem, I lost interest. That's absolutely the last thing you want if you're going to invest the time and effort in a long term series of games.

So, I have an idea that I suspect you might like: Either use the Rebellion board or make some tiles with PrintPlayGames and randomize planets and use cubes or whatever to create and track your campaigns. I did that for years with my Post Apoc campaigns using Mighty Empires tiles, and it's fantastic. The only issue is keeping it persistent since it can take up space.

Maybe have HotSeat make an app for you?
  • SuperflyTNT
  • SuperflyTNT's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • Posts: 10496
  • Thank you received: 4218
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds