Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 01 Aug 2018 11:03 #279570

Floored. A movie about nothing and everything at the same time.

Read more...
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club
  • Thank you received: 3339
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 10 Aug 2018 05:23 #279571

Thanks for bringing this movie to my attention. Looks interesting and different from the usual Hollywood fare. And it currently has a 100% rating from the critics on rottentomatoes: www.rottentomatoes.com/m/leave_no_trace/
  • heruca
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 13 Aug 2018 11:40 #279665

Hooray, you saw it! Count me in the "loved it" category, although to be honest it was only "liked" fresh out of the theater. It took a while to sink in and resonate.

Now if only I could remember all of the things I wanted to say about it.

One of the things that struck me later were all of the contrasts. These two are opposites in almost every way, and yet they work well together and love each other. Obviously: male/female, old/young, father/daughter; but also: shy/outgoing, paranoid/adventurous, unchanging/developing, shrinking/growing.

The scene where the girl shows her dad the bees is so simple, and yet is encapsulates everything the whole movie is about. I also really loved the last line of the film, in such a powerful scene.
  • Gregarius
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 743

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 13 Aug 2018 13:48 #279676

This sounds kind of similar to The Survivalist, which was also a really good movie.
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_survivalist_2017/
  • ChristopherMD
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Road Warrior
  • Thank you received: 2130

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 13 Aug 2018 16:17 #279685

Greg, was the line you're thinking of the...

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

cuz yeah, that was brilliant.

I think the ending could have been a way better ending if they omitted an earlier scene...:

Anyway, much like Hereditary, the movie felt fine when I walked out of the theatre, and then days later it would revisit me and I'd begin to pull back the layers. I love those kinds of movies.

Mad Dog, that Survivalist movie sounds amazing! But very different at the same time. Leave No Trace is much more a piece on modern society, and social work, and family. Survivalist sounds a ton darker but super tense and interesting. Survivalist also sounds like it has no clear protagonist but clear antagonists. Good luck finding the antagonists in Leave No Trace, that ain't easy :)
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2018 16:46 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 14 Aug 2018 09:40 #279739

Black Barney wrote:
Greg, was the line you're thinking of the...

cuz yeah, that was brilliant.
Actually, I was thinking of...

But your line is equally good.
  • Gregarius
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 743

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 14 Aug 2018 11:23 #279749

yeah that whole conversation is epic, there's no bad lines nor, and more importantly, are there badly delivered lines.

Cuz yeah he basically realizes that she totally understands him.
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 14 Aug 2018 16:55 #279791

I wish the main man was not a PTSD soldier but just someone with demons, like a guy who was already mentally ill whose wife died, and that drove him over the cliff.

Really wanted to see this.
  • SuperflyTNT
  • Harmless Potty-Mouth
  • SMH
  • Thank you received: 4532
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4

Leave No Trace - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 14 Aug 2018 18:27 #279797

they never really address the PTSD stuff tho. You can overlay any number of conditions on him and they would play out in a similar manner. So don't let that ruin anything. It's more about living off the grid with someone who doesn't necessarily have to be.

i think it's a more compelling reason that the Into the Wild story (which I loved too)
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club
Last Edit: 14 Aug 2018 18:27 by Black Barney.
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds