October 09, 2023
2288 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Stoner Parking Lot Review

More
13 Feb 2019 00:00 #292146 by WadeMonnig
 The following review has been rated “R” for drinking and...

Dude, Where's my Cards?

Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, Frohike, RolandHemisphere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2019 07:43 #292147 by RolandHemisphere
Dude, fucking gnarly review. So, so funny and on point. I need a copy of this in my life... now where'd I put those keys? Oh and do you know a guy who could hook me up with this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
13 Feb 2019 09:11 #292152 by Sagrilarus
Two things -- first of all I have a Buck Dharma guitar pick from my somewhat-misspent youth. Which landed right on top of a Joey Bouchard guitar pick on the floor at my feet when they both flipped them out into the audience at the end of Hot Rails to Hell. Quite a coincidence. My buddy Pat got Joey's pick.

My kids play this game with a normal card deck but I don't remember what they call it. It's big in college right now. This appears to be a deluxe dress-up of the same game, moving to six cards instead of four. Would seem an improvement, because the four goes too doggone quickly for you to really get settled in.

More
13 Feb 2019 10:32 #292156 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Stoner Parking Lot Review
Stoner Parking Lot is currently available at joyisdead.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig, RolandHemisphere

More
13 Feb 2019 13:18 #292170 by WadeMonnig

RolandHemisphere wrote: Dude, fucking gnarly review. So, so funny and on point. I need a copy of this in my life... now where'd I put those keys? Oh and do you know a guy who could hook me up with this?

As ubarose noted, it is currently available via joyisdead.com/ At this point, only the "brown bag" version is currently available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RolandHemisphere

More
13 Feb 2019 13:23 #292171 by WadeMonnig

Sagrilarus wrote: Two things -- first of all I have a Buck Dharma guitar pick from my somewhat-misspent youth. Which landed right on top of a Joey Bouchard guitar pick on the floor at my feet when they both flipped them out into the audience at the end of Hot Rails to Hell. Quite a coincidence. My buddy Pat got Joey's pick.

Blue Oyster Cult was one of my very first concerts at, of all places, Six Flags (St. Louis). They played "Senior Night" (as in high school seniors but I was a freshman.) I remember we had to write a journal in sophomore English and I mentioned going to the show and my teacher wrote "Godzilla!" in the margin. One of those OMG, teachers are human?!? moments.
Still think "Born To Rock" from Buck's solo album in vastly underrated and the mad max video is...well, it's 80's

More
13 Feb 2019 13:29 #292172 by MattFantastic
Dope (HA!) review. Def gets the vibe we were going for. Fun fact for anyone actually into stoner metal: I got Arik Roper to do the art, and he also did the cover of Dopesmoker, some High on Fire records, and other assorted classics of the genre.

The mass production run boxed edition should be out sometime this spring, it does indeed have little weed leaf meeples. I'm not in charge of any of the logistical/production stuff though so I don't have any more solid details.

If you order the limited brown bag edition say you're coming from here and I'll write or draw something extra weird on it for you.

Another fun aside, Uba literally threw my personal copy in the garbage at TrashFest this year. "Well don't make it look like garbage if you don't want it to get thrown in the trash." Perfect haha
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, hotseatgames, Frohike, engineer Al, WadeMonnig, RolandHemisphere

More
13 Feb 2019 13:49 #292173 by RolandHemisphere
I just ordered it before I read this. Rats!

More
13 Feb 2019 14:23 #292177 by GorillaGrody
I’m just happy to see the words Buck Dharma written anywhere on a gaming site. You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!

More
13 Feb 2019 15:34 #292186 by engineer Al

MattFantastic wrote: "Don't make it look like garbage if you don't want it to get thrown in the trash."

Should be printed on the new box. . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, WadeMonnig

More
23 Feb 2019 14:28 #292946 by WadeMonnig
Holy Shit. BGG actually accepted the review.
www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2155867/the...g-lot-board-game-rev
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, RolandHemisphere

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds