Top 5 Family Card Games

More
27 Feb 2019 00:00 #293119 by WadeMonnig
Coup (2...

When you have a family of six, as I do, getting everyone on the same page or interested in gaming on the same night is a rarity. When the stars do align, the number of interested or attending members can vary, along with how long they will be engaged in actually playing. Card games have virtually zero set-up time, don't require a huge time commitment and can accommodate a flexible number of players. The following card games are the ones that consistently provide the best experience for my family.
Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2019 13:29 #293120 by WadeMonnig
Replied by WadeMonnig on topic Top 5 Family Card Games
Forgot to mention that Tournament at Camelot does have a two player option.

More
28 Feb 2019 09:19 #293176 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic Top 5 Family Card Games
I don't know why you'd put Coup in if you also have Cockroach Poker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
28 Feb 2019 11:45 #293193 by WadeMonnig
Replied by WadeMonnig on topic Top 5 Family Card Games

Legomancer wrote: I don't know why you'd put Coup in if you also have Cockroach Poker.

Great question. Coup was one of the games I first played with my kids years go when it came out. It remains one of my youngest sons (15) favorite games and if I pull it out, he will almost always sit down to play it. If he has friends over and wants to gateway them into playing one of "Dad's Board games" he will always reach for this. I still love it and it almost always gets a positive reaction from everyone when we play it.

Cockroach Poker is easier. Super easy. I can't bring out Coup and play it with my 5 year old niece but I can do that with Cockroach Poker. And the scary part is she's GOOD at it...like really good. On a more personal note, my oldest son is Autistic. He loves animals and insects. He can wrap his head around Cockroach Poker more easily than Coup and the theme of bugs is one of the main reason I bought this (with him in mind) to begin with.

So, in the grand scheme of Family Card games (or, more specifically, MY family and card games) both have a place on the shelf. And both have stood the test of time. In the same way that a Top list of my favorite games would likely include Kemet, Inis and Cyclades, even if they look the same at a glance, they all have their own niche.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds