October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Above and Beyond - Customer Service in the Board Game Industry

More
31 Aug 2021 00:00 #326165 by oliverkinne
My very first experience with customer service was back in...

Good customer service is always welcome and nobody likes bad service. In fact, we're more likely to complain about bad service than we are to praise good service. In this article, I'm trying to redress the balance a little and talk about the good customer service I have come across in the board game hobby and give some extra praise to those companies who have gone above and beyond.

Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2021 16:54 - 02 Sep 2021 07:42 #326166 by southernman
Awaken Realms is doing a pretty good job in helping customers as various shit hits them.
Recently it's been the UPS debacle this year delivering Tainted Grail to UK backers where UPS decided that the UK tax office provided documentation wasn't valid and charged backers VAT and duty again, they refused to talk with the backers or Awaken Realms so in the end Awaken Realms told all backers to pay the extra fees and they reimbursed everyone.
And when Etherfields first wave arrived at the end of last years after complaints by most backers about the vague rulebook and then the 'solo' gamers about the orientation of the board they commissioned a tutorial video, provided a decent resolution file for a new gameboard, and are re-writing the rulebook (and also took that critique to heart and employed Paul Grogan to write the ISS: Vanguard rulebook).
They're also, along with most of the other big KS companies (although not Monolith as I found out this week), eating all the massive increases in shipping that has occurred this year themselves for all their projects.
And I recently found out that a few years ago when Galakta got the retail rights for This War of Mine and announced that they would be putting out expansions that were not compatible with the Kickstarter product Awaken Realms, after they were made aware of it, quickly sat down in Galakta and soon after was providing an upgrade kit for KS backers so they could use the new expansion.
They do get stick for their delays in development though (they listen to feedback from their first wave, perhaps a bit too much, and often adjust the development work) that then produces more stick for their two wave shipping model ... can't make everyone happy ;-)

Oh, and totally forgot, CEO Marcin does a weekly 30min video Q&A on Mondays where anything can be asked and he usually gives conclusive answers.

And on a personal note my Tainted Grail pledge arrived this year with none of their standard hard foam for packaging, the end result being (after something hard must have hit it) one game box having severe crush damage (but its contents undamaged) and a card pack thrown in loose being badly damaged. Their response was to send me a complete replacement game box (with contents) and told me to keep the original, replacement card pack, and a free gift (large miniature).
Last edit: 02 Sep 2021 07:42 by southernman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds