Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

MB
Michael Barnes
December 03, 2020
203 0
W
whowhatwhycast
December 03, 2020
137 0
T
thegiantbrain
December 02, 2020
182 0

Episode 60 - Critical Strike

Podcasts & Videos
W
We-reNotWizards
December 01, 2020
339 0

Zombie Kidz Evolution Review

Podcasts & Videos
O
oliverkinne
December 01, 2020
329 0
U
ubarose
November 30, 2020
396 0
G
GrantLyon
November 30, 2020
343 0
MT
Matt Thrower
November 30, 2020
1095 0
O
oliverkinne
November 27, 2020
563 0

Micro City Board Game Review

Board Game Reviews
MB
mads b.
November 27, 2020
850 0
MB
Michael Barnes
November 26, 2020
1135 0
B
boardgameinquisition
November 26, 2020
348 0
AL
Andi Lennon
November 25, 2020
901 0
W
WadeMonnig
November 25, 2020
1008 2
×
Short Cut to Remote Gaming Forum (29 Aug 2020)

Since remote gaming has now become a significant part of how we play board games, we have added a short cut to this forum in the menu on the left.

Battlestar Galactica – Starship Battles

More
18 Jul 2018 16:59 #277858 by ubarose

Ares Games will be unveiling their tabletop miniature combat game, Battlestar Galactica – Starship Battles, at Gen Con, with a later release of the starter set expected in December of 2018

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 17:49 #277859 by southernman
Ouch ! Priced for the super fan (I'm not quite there).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 18:34 - 18 Jul 2018 21:05 #277864 by Sagrilarus
That's a cheap Ares' intro price, Wings of Glory Battle of Britain and Sails of Glory are both more. Four models for $50 is a good intro price these days.

I want to see how they handle damage. I hate chit pull. I want cards.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 21:05 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 20:30 #277870 by repoman
Wonder how they were able to get such a hot and current I.P. ?

Will Muffit will get his own pilot card ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 21:13 #277872 by Sagrilarus
You're aware this is a couple of guys in their basement, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 21:29 #277873 by ChristopherMD
It's a good IP. If it was a Space: Above and Beyond minis game I'd mock it but Galactica is a modern classic that still has a lot of fans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 21:39 #277875 by Gary Sax
Honestly, I'm kind of interested. Would need to know more about their tweaks to the system.

Prepaints, I hope?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 21:45 #277876 by ubarose

Gary Sax wrote: Honestly, I'm kind of interested. Would need to know more about their tweaks to the system.

Prepaints, I hope?


Yes, preprinted and assembled. There is a picture of one on the article. Small box. Click it to enlarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 21:57 #277877 by Sagrilarus
It's inertial movement. Direction of motion from the prior turn continues in this one. So you can be facing one way and moving in another. There's obstacles on the board though, and drifting into them busts you up. It makes the movement more space-like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, ChristopherMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 22:23 #277879 by WadeMonnig
Ares did Divinity Derby, I'd totally love to review that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 22:25 #277880 by Gary Sax

Sagrilarus wrote: It's inertial movement. Direction of motion from the prior turn continues in this one. So you can be facing one way and moving in another. There's obstacles on the board though, and drifting into them busts you up. It makes the movement more space-like.


That could be good, actually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 22:28 #277882 by san il defanso

Gary Sax wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: It's inertial movement. Direction of motion from the prior turn continues in this one. So you can be facing one way and moving in another. There's obstacles on the board though, and drifting into them busts you up. It makes the movement more space-like.


That could be good, actually.


Yeah, that really captures what made space combat cool in the show as well, at least the newer version. It certainly sets it apart from something like X-Wing, at first glance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 03:14 #277888 by southernman

Sagrilarus wrote: That's a cheap Ares' intro price, Wings of Glory Battle of Britain and Sails of Glory are both more. Four models for $50 is a good intro price these days.

I want to see how they handle damage. I hate chit pull. I want cards.


Probbaly why I don't do miniatures games then, that proce my be close to £50 when it hits UK shores so definitely won't be looking at it unfortunately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 09:33 #277895 by jpat
Aren't there, like, two whole Viper models and, er, one Raider model? I saw the reference to Scar and to named-pilot ships, but while a base sounds kind of cool, this seems to have pretty short legs. Of course, to my far-from-expert eye, most of the Sails of Glory ships look the same, too, and there are three or four large waves of those (and at least many of the early Wings of War minis were just repaints of the same model).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 09:46 - 19 Jul 2018 09:46 #277898 by ubarose

jpat wrote: Aren't there, like, two whole Viper models and, er, one Raider model? I saw the reference to Scar and to named-pilot ships, but while a base sounds kind of cool, this seems to have pretty short legs. Of course, to my far-from-expert eye, most of the Sails of Glory ships look the same, too, and there are three or four large waves of those (and at least many of the early Wings of War minis were just repaints of the same model).


It looks to me like you are correct. The models of the named ships are the same as the standard, but have "markings" (i.e. slightly different paints), and come with special named pilot cards.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 09:46 by ubarose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds