October 09, 2023
2450 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2652 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Cthulhu Wars

More
06 Mar 2018 18:18 - 06 Mar 2018 18:26 #264743 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Cthulhu Wars
I bought it from coolstuffinc for cheaper than the KS after reviews came out then backed Onslaught 2 for a few expansions. Does Petersen do a KS game every year now?

Edit: Also I have a box of extra shit like glow-in-the-dark old ones that I don't want. I wish stretch goals lowered the prices instead of adding junk.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2018 18:26 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drewcula

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2018 18:31 - 06 Mar 2018 18:32 #264748 by drewcula
Replied by drewcula on topic Cthulhu Wars
Me too Mad Dog!

I bought some extra stuff during the "Onslaught 2" campaign.

Sadly, I think Petersen Games is going to be making annual Cthulhu Wars KSers.

I read in a recent update from Arthur (Sandy's son) that there will be an "Onslaught 4."

It was always bloated, but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I too, have those glow in the dark models. I don't get it. I'll most likely incorporate them into some sort of sculpture when the mood strikes.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2018 18:32 by drewcula.

More
06 Mar 2018 18:33 #264749 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Cthulhu Wars

Mad Dog wrote: I bought it from coolstuffinc for cheaper than the KS after reviews came out then backed Onslaught 2 for a few expansions. Does Petersen do a KS game every year now?.

I believe right now there are SEVEN Petersen Games Kickstarters in various stages.

More
06 Mar 2018 18:43 #264751 by drewcula
There are many for sure.
And to date, none are as successful as the Cthulhu Wars line.

I wanted to like the idea of their most recent, 'Planet Apocalypse.' But I just couldn't get there.

More
06 Mar 2018 18:50 #264754 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic Cthulhu Wars
I will be really blunt, both the Batman and Cthulu Wars kickstarters fall into the same bucket for me in terms of money and space. Both games are well beyond what is practical for me at this point in my life. The difference is that Cthulu Wars does look much more like my kind of game. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be spending money on the Kickstarter anytime soon. I'm disappointed too, because I'd probably love it.

More
06 Mar 2018 18:51 #264755 by drewcula

san il defanso wrote: I will be really blunt, both the Batman and Cthulu Wars kickstarters fall into the same bucket for me in terms of money and space. Both games are well beyond what is practical for me at this point in my life. The difference is that Cthulu Wars does look much more like my kind of game. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be spending money on the Kickstarter anytime soon. I'm disappointed too, because I'd probably love it.

If you make it DC, you have a seat at my table. Bring beer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
06 Mar 2018 19:00 #264757 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Cthulhu Wars
@Shellhead - good luck on the job search. I took about a 20% cut in salary when I took my current job, but at least we are a two income family, so it wasn't devastating. It is sometimes demoralizing. I keep sending out the resumes looking for something back at the level I was at, both money wise and job description wise. The boredom is almost worse than the pay cut.

I did get Cthulhu Wars, but it was after playing it at a con and loving it. I somehow managed to find a copy of the base game for under a $100.

More
06 Mar 2018 19:04 #264758 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Cthulhu Wars
I was just thinking to myself how Cthulhu Wars is the best thing I've ever played that came from Kickstarter, and it's not even close to the second-best thing, which is Guards of Atlantis.

I am SUPER thankful that my friend bought into it. It takes up a stupid amount of space and he has spent many hundreds of dollars. BUT... we play this game a LOT. And every time I think about it, I want to play it again.

More
06 Mar 2018 19:18 #264763 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic Cthulhu Wars
Yikes...was this really five years ago?

and where's Bull Nakano these days?

More
06 Mar 2018 20:32 #264769 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Cthulhu Wars

ubarose wrote: @Shellhead - good luck on the job search. I took about a 20% cut in salary when I took my current job, but at least we are a two income family, so it wasn't devastating. It is sometimes demoralizing. I keep sending out the resumes looking for something back at the level I was at, both money wise and job description wise. The boredom is almost worse than the pay cut.

I did get Cthulhu Wars, but it was after playing it at a con and loving it. I somehow managed to find a copy of the base game for under a $100.

Thread necro day. I dug up this old thread to make for an easier comparison with the current Batman kickstarter thread.

After 9 months of job searching, I took a job for a 30% pay cut. I toughed it out for 18 months at that job, then found one that paid 20% more than I had ever made before. I've been at that new job since January of 2016, so it looks like things are working out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Mar 2018 21:53 #264775 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Cthulhu Wars
Cool stuff just had the base game on sale for like 90 bucks iirc

More
06 Mar 2018 21:55 #264776 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Cthulhu Wars

Shellhead wrote:

ubarose wrote: @Shellhead - good luck on the job search. I took about a 20% cut in salary when I took my current job, but at least we are a two income family, so it wasn't devastating. It is sometimes demoralizing. I keep sending out the resumes looking for something back at the level I was at, both money wise and job description wise. The boredom is almost worse than the pay cut.

Thread necro day. I dug up this old thread to make for an easier comparison with the current Batman kickstarter thread.

After 9 months of job searching, I took a job for a 30% pay cut. I toughed it out for 18 months at that job, then found one that paid 20% more than I had ever made before. I've been at that new job since January of 2016, so it looks like things are working out.

LOL. My eye slipped, and I didn't notice the date. I'm so happy that things worked out. It does make me happy to hear that people are doing well. Now I just have to hold out for when things are going better for Josh and Jeb.

More
07 Mar 2018 11:24 - 07 Mar 2018 11:25 #264868 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Cthulhu Wars

Mad Dog wrote: I bought it from coolstuffinc for cheaper than the KS after reviews came out then backed Onslaught 2 for a few expansions. Does Petersen do a KS game every year now?

Edit: Also I have a box of extra shit like glow-in-the-dark old ones that I don't want. I wish stretch goals lowered the prices instead of adding junk.

You can sell those minis for a pretty penny, I'd imagine.

I'd offer to buy them, but I'm not going to be willing to pay anything that would come close to what you'd be able to max out at on BGG>
Last edit: 07 Mar 2018 11:25 by Stonecutter.

More
07 Mar 2018 13:09 #264892 by Nagajur
Replied by Nagajur on topic Cthulhu Wars
My oldest son is 7 and he has the glow GOOs as a centerpiece in his room. They are cool for kids but the plastic for modeling is pretty crappy if you ask me.

More
24 Mar 2018 17:39 #266319 by Scott_F
Replied by Scott_F on topic Cthulhu Wars
Anyone looking to buy this? I'm debating selling my copy. Just logged play 46 today and I don't think I need a copy when 3 guys near me own everything as well. Shelves are limited, etc. I've got everything released so far and have pledged for everything new in the Kickstarter. I could find a way to transfer the pledge...? Willing to consider reasonable offers but it will be a bitch to ship. I'm in Milwaukee and Chicago/Madison are possibilities.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds