October 09, 2023
2426 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2634 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Gamma World Roleplaying Game

More
25 May 2019 17:57 #303344 by ubarose
Earth. After the apocalypse. Never mind the radiation—you’re gonna like...

A wacky, wily roleplaying game of post-apocalyptic peril.

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2020 05:08 #316886 by jointhegrave
After cyberpunk 2077 last but not least arrives outside on December 10, it’s destined to become on the list of largest video games of this season. Perhaps not simply regarding earnings –that is just about inescapable. But in terms of dialog: notably, since that will be going on in December with significantly less rivalry, be expecting that the discourse to really go challenging and perhaps not let for weeks. But too, which is an equally important thing, regarding absolute extent. A couple of weeks before, that a QA tester imputed into your still-unfinished one hundred seventy-five-hour match, even though that is always about the top quality, practically nothing which people have discovered indicates this will soon be anything under the usual huge adventure. And matters to get critiques.

More
07 Dec 2020 08:52 #316892 by jason10mm
Necropost....username checks out :P

That said, a big grand PC RPG set in gamma world would be amazing. I don't believe there has ever been such, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct

More
07 Dec 2020 09:49 #316895 by Rliyen
Replied by Rliyen on topic Gamma World Roleplaying Game
Yes, that would be nice. I pulled out my 1e rules and toyed with the idea of running a short campaign with The Boy (he LOOOVES Fallout). But, his Fandom is Random, and now he's back to Doctor Who (the 8th, to be precise).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
07 Dec 2020 10:22 #316899 by Shellhead
I have mixed feelings about this and will probably pass unless the reviews are stellar. 1st edition Gamma World was my entry point into tabletop role-playing. I was at a small comic book convention when I spotted Gamma World and there was something so compelling about that box cover. The sky tuned to static, the ravaged cityscape, the vivid radiation, and the orange-helmeted explorers with what looked like laser rifles, a flamethrower, and a tricorder. It was a grim and unforgiving setting, so our adventures tended to be one-shots with a high mortality rate.

But this upcoming computer game appears to be based on the Gamma World edition that was compatible with D&D 4.0, and that was an intentionally silly and chaotic setting that didn't interest me. The mutations seemed more powerful, like super-powers, and there was a barely a pretense of a backstory. A friend got it and ran a campaign for a while and had fun with it. I was favorably impressed with the quantity and quality of the contents of that boxed set, but didn't play in his campaign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
07 Dec 2020 11:06 #316901 by hotseatgames

jointhegrave wrote: After cyberpunk 2077 last but not least arrives outside on December 10, it’s destined to become on the list of largest video games of this season. Perhaps not simply regarding earnings –that is just about inescapable. But in terms of dialog: notably, since that will be going on in December with significantly less rivalry, be expecting that the discourse to really go challenging and perhaps not let for weeks. But too, which is an equally important thing, regarding absolute extent. A couple of weeks before, that a QA tester imputed into your still-unfinished one hundred seventy-five-hour match, even though that is always about the top quality, practically nothing which people have discovered indicates this will soon be anything under the usual huge adventure. And matters to get critiques.

I can't decide if this was written by a robot or a sweatshop worker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, jason10mm, Nodens, Pugnax555, Ah_Pook

More
07 Dec 2020 11:37 #316902 by Nodens
Replied by Nodens on topic Gamma World Roleplaying Game

jointhegrave wrote: And matters to get critiques.

While I would expect AI writing to be more coherent than this, that sentence intrigues me.

More
07 Dec 2020 19:33 #316910 by WadeMonnig

Rliyen wrote: Yes, that would be nice. I pulled out my 1e rules and toyed with the idea of running a short campaign with The Boy (he LOOOVES Fallout). But, his Fandom is Random, and now he's back to Doctor Who (the 8th, to be precise).

8th as in Paul McGann? So, would that be Big Finish audio? Which, by the way, there are TONS on spotify.

More
08 Dec 2020 09:22 #316912 by Sagrilarus
I had a big Gamma World adventure scenario set to the south and west of Chicago. Probably got 100+ hours out of it. My buddies set their stuff in locations on the same map.

Oddly enough when I cleaned out a bunch of my D&D stuff I found it and my original Gamma World box with . . . the rulebook for Top Secret inside it. Not sure how that happened.

Back when I was young and vibrant we played Gamma World and Top Secret and Traveler as well. But we always ended up coming back to D&D because it was a much richer system and had a lot more source material to pull from. The other three were nice diversions, but D&D was the thing that pulled us together, at least from a Role Playing perspective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, HiveGod

More
08 Dec 2020 16:06 #316933 by jason10mm
Top Secret S. I. was a big fav of my childhood group. I could never get them much into Star Frontiers or GW, it was DnD or TSSI.

It got to the point where a pit stop for gas on the road turned into 20 minutes detailing just what weapons and hardware where being brought into the quik-stop so naturally there had to be a totally random 3 hour gun battle each time.... teenage boys.... amiright?? :)

We did some Call of Cthulhu for a while but the insanity system was our constant undoing.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds