W
whowhatwhycast
November 10, 2021
602 0
O
oliverkinne
November 09, 2021
718 0
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Camp Grizzly

More
20 Nov 2019 22:58 #304407 by themothman421
Replied by themothman421 on topic Camp Grizzly
Well I totally missed out on the minis, so you got me there hah.

I am looking for some surrogate minis. Hopefully Reaper or something has some that are close enough. Otis himself might require some kitbashing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2019 23:57 #304490 by scottishzombie
Replied by scottishzombie on topic Camp Grizzly

themothman421 wrote: Well I totally missed out on the minis, so you got me there hah.

I am looking for some surrogate minis. Hopefully Reaper or something has some that are close enough. Otis himself might require some kitbashing.

The minis are available, FYI www.zombiesmith.com/collections/camp-grizzly
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

More
15 Dec 2019 11:19 #305127 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Camp Grizzly
Thanks to Bendigar, I managed to pick up all of the Camp Grizzly expansions back in October. But they didn't arrive until after both of the Halloween boardgaming events that I attended in October. So I finally got around to trying them with a solo game last night while doing lots of laundry and ironing. I didn't want to deal with traitor shenanigans, so I left out some of the material from Behind the Bear and Rated "R". I did add in all the new cabin and survival cards, most of the new counselors, and all of the new finales. Then I drew six random counselors and set up the default normal scenario.

Usually Camp Grizzly is harder with six characteers, but this game was notably easier. Nearly everybody got a weapon early on, and Saffron the pacifist got Dream Warrior plus Telekinesis. Somebody found the first aid station early on, so even when a couple of characters got wounded pretty badly, they got healed. Tracy found a pistol early on, and soon found extra ammo, and managed to whack Otis from an adjacent cabin on four different occasions. Eventually, all six characters exited via the Barn, and a new finale card left them as passive observers while a new participant fought and killed Otis. It was one of the easier games of Camp Grizzly.

Why was it so easy? It could have been the result of lucky draws and lucky rolls, but I suspect that the expansion materials added more weapons and fewer Otis Attacks cards. The base game sometimes seemed to have a few too many Otis Attacks cards, but maybe the expansions have over-corrected in the wrong direction. Or maybe I just need to mix in the rest of the other two expansions to re-set the game balance. Even so, I did enjoy all the expansion material that came into play.

More
18 Dec 2019 17:53 #305239 by ModelVillain
Replied by ModelVillain on topic Camp Grizzly
Man. Despite obsessively checking Amazon, I managed to miss the expansion items by what seemed like minutes, at every turn.

If some soul managed to secure an extra expansion set, or has been left cold by it, I'm game for any offers. The wife is is a huge fan, and this has become a staple game for our core group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
16 Apr 2020 16:33 #309312 by StalkinWalken
Replied by StalkinWalken on topic Camp Grizzly
I'm new here and joined specifically to track down the expansions. If anybody has a lead on any copies I would greatly appreciate it. I've been waiting and looking for years. I would buy a copy from someone if they would be willing to part with it. Please... you're my only hope.

More
16 Apr 2020 18:08 #309327 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Camp Grizzly
I recommend using CamelCamelCamel to email you when they pop up on Amazon. It's a crap shoot though.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds