Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

O
oliverkinne
October 03, 2022
410 0

Town 66 Review

Board Game Reviews
O
oliverkinne
September 30, 2022
540 0

Sagrada Review

Board Game Reviews
MB
Michael Barnes
September 30, 2022
1455 0
O
oliverkinne
September 29, 2022
618 0
MB
Michael Barnes
September 29, 2022
1950 0
T
thegiantbrain
September 07, 2022
558 1
W
WadeMonnig
September 07, 2022
1090 1
O
oliverkinne
September 06, 2022
924 0
O
oliverkinne
September 02, 2022
1201 0

Union Station Board Game Review

Board Game Reviews
T
thegiantbrain
September 01, 2022
909 0

Homebrewers Board Game Review

Board Game Reviews
W
WadeMonnig
August 31, 2022
1047 1
T
thegiantbrain
August 30, 2022
562 0
O
oliverkinne
August 29, 2022
913 0
O
oliverkinne
August 29, 2022
842 0

Aquamarine Board Game Review

Board Game Reviews
W
WadeMonnig
August 24, 2022
786 1
O
oliverkinne
August 24, 2022
1256 0

Undaunted: Normandy Review

Board Game Reviews
×
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Camp Grizzly

More
20 Nov 2019 22:58 #304407 by themothman421
Replied by themothman421 on topic Camp Grizzly
Well I totally missed out on the minis, so you got me there hah.

I am looking for some surrogate minis. Hopefully Reaper or something has some that are close enough. Otis himself might require some kitbashing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2019 23:57 #304490 by scottishzombie
Replied by scottishzombie on topic Camp Grizzly

themothman421 wrote: Well I totally missed out on the minis, so you got me there hah.

I am looking for some surrogate minis. Hopefully Reaper or something has some that are close enough. Otis himself might require some kitbashing.


The minis are available, FYI www.zombiesmith.com/collections/camp-grizzly
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2019 11:19 #305127 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Camp Grizzly
Thanks to Bendigar, I managed to pick up all of the Camp Grizzly expansions back in October. But they didn't arrive until after both of the Halloween boardgaming events that I attended in October. So I finally got around to trying them with a solo game last night while doing lots of laundry and ironing. I didn't want to deal with traitor shenanigans, so I left out some of the material from Behind the Bear and Rated "R". I did add in all the new cabin and survival cards, most of the new counselors, and all of the new finales. Then I drew six random counselors and set up the default normal scenario.

Usually Camp Grizzly is harder with six characteers, but this game was notably easier. Nearly everybody got a weapon early on, and Saffron the pacifist got Dream Warrior plus Telekinesis. Somebody found the first aid station early on, so even when a couple of characters got wounded pretty badly, they got healed. Tracy found a pistol early on, and soon found extra ammo, and managed to whack Otis from an adjacent cabin on four different occasions. Eventually, all six characters exited via the Barn, and a new finale card left them as passive observers while a new participant fought and killed Otis. It was one of the easier games of Camp Grizzly.

Why was it so easy? It could have been the result of lucky draws and lucky rolls, but I suspect that the expansion materials added more weapons and fewer Otis Attacks cards. The base game sometimes seemed to have a few too many Otis Attacks cards, but maybe the expansions have over-corrected in the wrong direction. Or maybe I just need to mix in the rest of the other two expansions to re-set the game balance. Even so, I did enjoy all the expansion material that came into play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2019 17:53 #305239 by ModelVillain
Replied by ModelVillain on topic Camp Grizzly
Man. Despite obsessively checking Amazon, I managed to miss the expansion items by what seemed like minutes, at every turn.

If some soul managed to secure an extra expansion set, or has been left cold by it, I'm game for any offers. The wife is is a huge fan, and this has become a staple game for our core group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2020 16:33 #309312 by StalkinWalken
Replied by StalkinWalken on topic Camp Grizzly
I'm new here and joined specifically to track down the expansions. If anybody has a lead on any copies I would greatly appreciate it. I've been waiting and looking for years. I would buy a copy from someone if they would be willing to part with it. Please... you're my only hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2020 18:08 #309327 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Camp Grizzly
I recommend using CamelCamelCamel to email you when they pop up on Amazon. It's a crap shoot though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 11:30 - 02 Aug 2022 11:43 #334722 by sornars
Replied by sornars on topic Camp Grizzly
I played a game of Camp Grizzly last weekend and think I'm going to keep the Rated R expansion cards in the box from here on out. I'll also probably cut the transformation characters.

A friend drew the Cutter survivor card and clearly didn't like what he saw. The content alone is not ideal but I'm not even sure what horror trope this was supposed to allude to mechanically. It was just a dud card. We also drew Big Wayne. Haha, he sexually assaults you if you're alone. It seems very unnecessary for the game and really pulled me out of things. I have a high tolerance for things that normally offend but this stuff commits the crime of being both offensive and boring.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2022 11:43 by sornars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Gary Sax, Virabhadra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 11:44 #334723 by Virabhadra
Replied by Virabhadra on topic Camp Grizzly
I still printed and colored them for completeness' sake; I don't use them either, and luckily, the game isn't sensitive to pulling a few cards that forgot to be tongue-in-cheek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 11:52 #334724 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Camp Grizzly
I really love this game, but in case anyone wasn't aware, this thing sells for really wild money in the aftermarket, particularly if you have the expansions.

I struggled with it myself, but eventually caved and sold the lot for $750 a few months ago as the money was useful to pay a medical bill.

Thought some people may not be aware so consider this a PSA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 11:56 #334726 by sornars
Replied by sornars on topic Camp Grizzly
I failed to mention that mine is a bootleg copy I put together myself. I'd definitely be selling at those sort of prices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 12:06 #334728 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Camp Grizzly

sornars wrote: I played a game of Camp Grizzly last weekend and think I'm going to keep the Rated R expansion cards in the box from here on out. I'll also probably cut the transformation characters.

A friend drew the Cutter survivor card and clearly didn't like what he saw. The content alone is not ideal but I'm not even sure what horror trope this was supposed to allude to mechanically. It was just a dud card. We also drew Big Wayne. Haha, he sexually assaults you if you're alone. It seems very unnecessary for the game and really pulled me out of things. I have a high tolerance for things that normally offend but this stuff commits the crime of being both offensive and boring.


Thanks for mentioning these problematic cards. I also have a pretty high tolerance for offensive things, but have been dating a woman who is willing to try some board games soon. These two cards bothered me a little, so they would likely bother a normal person a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 12:10 #334730 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Camp Grizzly

charlest wrote: I really love this game, but in case anyone wasn't aware, this thing sells for really wild money in the aftermarket, particularly if you have the expansions.

I struggled with it myself, but eventually caved and sold the lot for $750 a few months ago as the money was useful to pay a medical bill.

Thought some people may not be aware so consider this a PSA.


I apparently only own two scarce properties that people really want to buy: Camp Grizzly and my house. My house has doubled in value since I bought it 11 years ago, and Camp Grizzly plus the expansions has increased in value even more. My answer to every offer for CG or my house is the same: make an offer to the executor of my estate after I'm dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, Virabhadra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 13:57 #334735 by Virabhadra
Replied by Virabhadra on topic Camp Grizzly
It's a funny hobby where I'd take a loss reselling about 95% of the stuff I own, yet over the years a handful of titles have outranked my laptop on the short list of things to grab if the house is burning down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2022 11:01 #334753 by Rliyen
Replied by Rliyen on topic Camp Grizzly

Shellhead wrote:

sornars wrote: I played a game of Camp Grizzly last weekend and think I'm going to keep the Rated R expansion cards in the box from here on out. I'll also probably cut the transformation characters.

A friend drew the Cutter survivor card and clearly didn't like what he saw. The content alone is not ideal but I'm not even sure what horror trope this was supposed to allude to mechanically. It was just a dud card. We also drew Big Wayne. Haha, he sexually assaults you if you're alone. It seems very unnecessary for the game and really pulled me out of things. I have a high tolerance for things that normally offend but this stuff commits the crime of being both offensive and boring.


Thanks for mentioning these problematic cards. I also have a pretty high tolerance for offensive things, but have been dating a woman who is willing to try some board games soon. These two cards bothered me a little, so they would likely bother a normal person a lot.


The only time I had to cull cards from a game was when there was a Cub Scout Game Night at The Boy's school years ago. I brought Aye! Dark Overlord and Monster Mayhem. Knowing beforehand some of the cards were a bit spicy for 12 year olds, I removed several victims from MM and some of the more risque cards from Aye!

Proved to be unnecessary, as neither of the two games were played. The boys were FAR too interested in playing my Star Wars: Epic Duels and Battleball! Holy crap, was our table popular for that. I later got asked about where they could get the games from. I told them, essentially, good luck, but did offer places to look for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2022 09:48 - 04 Aug 2022 09:49 #334783 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Camp Grizzly
Copy on eBay, reasonably priced (currently) due to a misspelling in the title (“Camp Grizzily”).

Link
Last edit: 04 Aug 2022 09:49 by dysjunct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds