October 09, 2023
2217 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2437 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

MICHAEL BARNES PROUDLY PRESENTS SECRET SATAN RIDES AGAIN 2022 - OFFICIAL UPDATE

More
23 Nov 2022 18:23 #336979 by Michael Barnes
I've received a few applications to be included in MICHAEL BARNES PROUDLY PRESENTS SECRET SATAN RIDES AGAIN 2022, but it seems some of you have yet to submit to COMP-U-TRON as of today 11/23. If you have not, you still have time to get in on Wave 2 as a late backer. You have until 11/30 to PM me with your real name and address so that I can run the algorithm on 12/1 to pair you up with your ideal Secret Satan partner.

Here are the rules edited from the 2019 event.

Carrying on one of TWBG’s most treasured traditions, I invite all registered community members to join us in Michael Barnes Proudly Presents Secret Satan 2022, a celebration of holiday giving...especially the kind of unwanted, tacky kind of gifting that makes your holiday slightly awkward and possibly embarrassing. In past years, we have all had a good time pointing and laughing at "hilarious" gifts that F:ATties have given to each other like the Jessica Hahn issue of Playboy, The Hour of Power board game, Fucking Reef Encounter, an autographed picture of Goofy and...well, there was that infamous "Peanut Butter Drawers" incident a few years back that threatened to put the kibosh on future Secret Satans. We’ve been doing this for almost ten years, and if we aren’t going to pull the plug after the necklace of human teeth…well, there just isn’t a bottom.

Now, Secret Satan rules:

- You must be a ThereWillBe.Games member. You do not have to be a frequent poster. But we do require that you be a part of this community.

- There are no “wish lists”. You will not get what you want. Do not expect it. If you want to coerce a stranger into buying you a game, The Leading Board Games site offers a Secret Santa program. It’s like the saying goes – “you get what you get and you don’t pitch a fit”.

- You must submit to COMP-U-TRON by November 30th. Send me a PM with your name, address, and whether or not you are willing to ship internationally. I can take non-US folks, but be aware that you may be the only F:ATtie in Slovakia. I will enter the information into COMP-U-TRON, which will spit out a punch card matching you up with another F:ATtie using a complex series of occult algorithms that analyze various metrics such as overall opinion of King Diamond, whether or not you own that old paperback Necronomicon, number of times you’ve laughed at an inappropriate joke about Jesus or a comparable religious figure, and ratio of Mountain Dew to haemoglobin in your bloodstream. Your credit rating will not be impacted. At least I don’t think it will. You will be matched up and provided with the name and address of another F:ATtie (the "target") and that is who you will send your Secret Satan "goods" to.

- You are expected to send at least ONE "legitimate" game. What that means is flexible. But in the past we've had folks sort of just throw in random thrift junk and it was neither funny nor cool. Be mindful that some folks are spending actual money, and if you completely cheap out and don't bother to put any thought into it then you wind up looking like a jerk. Nothing is funny about receiving a box of worthless junk and you don’t get the joke because the only joke was “gosh, this stuff is crap”.

- Other than the one "legitimate" game, it's free for all. Put anything you want in there, but again be mindful that some folks have kids/partners/family that may not appreciate the humor of things like Hustler magazine wrapping paper. We've seen all kinds of crazy stuff in the past, and the crazier the better. Some folks send multiple packages. Again, it's up to you. But do not be vile, vulgar, nasty, insulting, harassing, or disgusting. We’ve had some things toe the line and while that can be funny, don’t be the one that goes just that little bit too far. Any kind of bigotry hatefulness will meet with our zero tolerance policy, and you will be banned from the site.

- You MUST submit photos and descriptions of the contents of your package(s), box openings, whatever you want. We must have photographic evidence of receipt. NO EXCEPTIONS. COMP-U-TRON will deal with violators on an individual basis.

- Packages MUST arrive no later than Christmas Eve. It's lame when someone waits until after Christmas to send something. I get PMs from folks into January wondering where their package is, it all gets very uncomfortable. So mail early.

- Someone always gets screwed by someone. We've been pretty reasonable about handling that in the past- things happen- but if you may not be able to fulfill your Secret Satan responsibilities, then sit this one out, OK? This year we will be publicly shaming anyone that fails to provide a package to their target.

- As is tradition, we will have forum threads for discussion, a Secret Satan sock puppet account so you can message anonymously, and of course a thread for results (i.e. photos, which you MUST submit).

This is intended to be FUN and RIDICULOUS- so do not expect to get the game of your dreams in the mail, do not expect to get $X worth of trade value out of what you get. In fact, expect that most of what you will get will wind up at Goodwill or in recycling. Or in a fire. If you DO get something good...then remember that for next year, because you got lucky! Hurt feelings and angriness are NOT allowed, so come at this with a spirit of good times and laughs and we'll all enjoy it. In a very Satanic fashion, of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, drewcula, Gregarius, Virabhadra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2022 13:59 #336994 by Virabhadra
'Mail what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.' - Aleister Crowley
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Michael Barnes, Rliyen

More
28 Nov 2022 10:28 #337054 by drewcula
My trident is sharp, and I'm ready to poke

More
28 Nov 2022 12:40 #337065 by Rliyen
My year is not complete unless I am crushing another person's soul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, SuperflyPete, drewcula

More
02 Dec 2022 12:49 #337168 by Virabhadra
This thing is busted! Check the couplings.

More
02 Dec 2022 14:21 #337173 by Rliyen
And make sure mynocks aren't chewing on the power cables.

More
05 Dec 2022 18:11 #337237 by Michael Barnes
Yes there were some issues with the algorithm but they have been ironed out. There were some missing integers related to number of drafting games owned, dollar amount spent on card sleeves, and percentage of overall discontent with "the hobby". I filled those in for everyone using an RNG so we should be good to go. There were 8 matches made, but over 5,000 people applied to take part in this so we only kept the absolute ELITE. Get to it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
05 Dec 2022 19:06 #337238 by drappstar

More
07 Dec 2022 13:37 #337263 by SuperflyPete
Wow, only 16 participants.

Times is tough

More
08 Dec 2022 20:36 #337276 by Michael Barnes
4,984 applicants were rejected for various reasons including but not limited to exceeding maximum KS spend, KALLAX ownership,identifying as a "board game content creator", being Mr. Skeletor, failure to provide proof of Wiz-War ownership, and past evidence of enjoying Fucking Reef Encounter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Rliyen, Cranberries, Msample, drewcula, sornars, Virabhadra

More
09 Dec 2022 04:52 #337280 by sornars
I would've joined but then my evil gift to someone would've been international shipping costs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
12 Dec 2022 09:04 #337335 by drewcula

Michael Barnes wrote: 4,984 applicants were rejected for various reasons including but not limited to exceeding maximum KS spend, KALLAX ownership,identifying as a "board game content creator", being Mr. Skeletor, failure to provide proof of Wiz-War ownership, and past evidence of enjoying Fucking Reef Encounter.

I am going to use these parameters during my next candidate search.
Thank you MB.

More
12 Dec 2022 13:20 #337344 by Rliyen
What's the PW for the sock puppet account?

More
12 Dec 2022 17:34 #337347 by Michael Barnes

More
12 Dec 2022 18:17 #337349 by Gregarius
Where is the thread for results? I think I got Satan'd today, though I haven't opened the box yet.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds