October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

FATties Worldwide Directory

More
20 Jul 2009 17:24 - 21 Jul 2009 02:26 #35682 by southernman
This was created in an earlier thread ( FATties Travelling ) but I thought I'd post it in it's own thread.

ONLY if you feel happy with it, pin your location on the map to show the spread of the AT credo ... but be warned you may find a travelling FATtie knocking on your door one day looking for a game.

FATties Map [UPDATE: Link Fixed]

Instructions from the other thread:

"You need a google account for it. Creating an account seems to be just registering an email address of some sort www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?- not creating a google mail account. And I don't seem to have a public profile so that shouldn't be a problem.

When you sign in the left side pane should have a few different sections, and the bottom one lists everyone's name that has added themself. At the top of this section will be a link saying COLLABORATE on the left and a button saying EDIT on the right. When you click the EDIT button then three buttons appear in the top left corner of the right side pane (the one with the map) and clicking on the one that looks like a pin will turn your cursor into a pin with cross-hairs so you can set your location. If you want to be fairly accurate (I've done it to my street) just zoom the map in first."
Last edit: 21 Jul 2009 02:26 by southernman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2009 17:31 #35684 by ChristopherMD
Why do we have to be called FATties? I don't think a lot of people here are FAT at all. It sounds negative to be called FAT and will just confuse new people. We should be called Amerigamers instead.

More
20 Jul 2009 17:34 #35685 by MattFantastic
The link you posted isn't working for me, it brings up the map but with no pins. The original link in the first thread still works fine for me though so I don't think it's just me.

Also, if I'm around, dudes are always welcome to come play whatever. Just shoot me an email.

More
20 Jul 2009 17:37 #35687 by jur
Replied by jur on topic Re:FATties Worldwide Directory
Mad Dog wrote:

Why do we have to be called FATties? I don't think a lot of people here are FAT at all. It sounds negative to be called FAT and will just confuse new people. We should be called Amerigamers instead.

We are stardust, we are Amerigold

More
20 Jul 2009 17:42 #35690 by Michael Barnes
Yes, F:AT/"fat" has negative connotations. Why don't we call ourselves the Amerifriends? I wouldn't someone to automatically assume that some fat guy playing a board game is actually a fat guy playing a board game. That's an unfair generalization.

Amerigold...I forgot about that one...I liked "Ameritreasure" too.

More
20 Jul 2009 17:49 #35691 by mjl1783

Doesn't being called FATties makes us sound all hip-hop though? I know when I'm playin' wargames, I be all droppin' FAT stacks of counters all up in yo' shit, dog.

That's what they're talking about when they rap about fat stacks in hip-hop songs, right?

More
20 Jul 2009 18:04 - 20 Jul 2009 18:05 #35696 by Merkles
Michael Barnes wrote:

Why don't we call ourselves the Amerifriends?

Amerifriend powers activate! Shape of....

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice.....
Last edit: 20 Jul 2009 18:05 by Merkles.

More
20 Jul 2009 18:19 #35700 by jur

Why not Sons of Ameritrash?

er... because of Uba, Thaadd and Susan

More
20 Jul 2009 19:34 #35710 by Space Ghost
I vote Amerifriends and I vote that the Fortress sends us special secret decoder rings.

More
21 Jul 2009 07:05 #35753 by southernman
Sheesh you guys .... how about 'Children of Ameritrash' Worldwide Directory ?

If that hits the spot a bit better (I know, I forgot to add insecure) then can one of the mods please rename the thread.

More
21 Jul 2009 07:34 #35754 by jur
Southernman wrote:

If that hits the spot a bit better (I know, I forgot to add insecure) then can one of the mods please rename the thread.

I prefer Spawn of Ameritrash

More
21 Jul 2009 10:32 #35767 by MattFantastic
Amerifriends is a group I would be proud to call my own. When do we get a Hall of Just Us?

More
21 Jul 2009 11:14 #35776 by ubarose
Jur wrote:

Southernman wrote:

I prefer Spawn of Ameritrash

I think my daughter has already claimed that title.

I lean towards AmeriTrashers or ATers. If you are going to use the F, don't forget the :

F:ATers or F:ATies

More
21 Jul 2009 11:20 #35777 by jur
We have to come up with some kind of solution for this soon. Otherwise, the T-shirts will not be finished in time for Essen.

of course, the largest size available will be L

More
21 Jul 2009 11:54 #35784 by Thaadd
I like F:Atties as a name.

Also, I am jealous of the people with the cool icons, whereas I just have a boring pin.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds