October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Explain Your Avatar

More
03 Sep 2010 12:28 #73027 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I always thought that was Gruffy McElder, oldest bloke in the Space Marines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2010 12:31 - 03 Sep 2010 12:33 #73028 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Schweig! wrote:

I always thought that was Gruffy McElder, oldest bloke in the Space Marines.

... oh I laughed over that one ... And I thought yours was of you in the German equivalent of the boy scouts a few years back.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2010 12:33 by southernman.

More
03 Sep 2010 12:33 #73029 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Given my username it's pretty obvious to fans of the show that I'm a pretty big fan of the simpsons, which, I realized hardly makes me unique on the Internet.

My avatar is a little more complicated than that. If you look closely in that shot Homer is reading The Economist. I've always loved the contrast of the two as I feel like it matches my personality perfectly.

More
03 Sep 2010 12:57 #73032 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar

Mine's a painting by Mike Egan, a local Pittsburgh artist who deals in Day of the Dead-style portraits. ("Local" while I was still living in PA, that is.) "Prayer in the Night":

That's a beautiful piece, Sleight.

More
03 Sep 2010 13:07 #73033 by Bernie
Replied by Bernie on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Mine is pretty simple. Its one of my favorite quotes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

More
03 Sep 2010 13:13 #73034 by Nick Dalton
Replied by Nick Dalton on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Mine is Garth Marenghi, horror writer, visionary, dreamweaver, plus actor. He's from my favorite BBC Comedy, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. (Though Nighty Night gives it a run for its money.)

More
03 Sep 2010 13:16 #73035 by mrmarcus
Replied by mrmarcus on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Richard O'Brien from "The Crystal Maze".

More
03 Sep 2010 13:19 #73036 by mads b.
Replied by mads b. on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Mine is famous, Swedish comic book poet Arne the Duck (Arne Anka). He's a drunken, loud mouthed, woman hunting version of Donald Duck, and at one time the publisher got a lawsuit threat from Disney.

Here, for instance, he says: To think before you speak is like wiping your ass before taking a shit. That is wisdom.

More
03 Sep 2010 13:22 #73037 by ufe
Replied by ufe on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Nick Warcholak wrote:

Mine is Garth Marenghi, horror writer, visionary, dreamweaver, plus actor. He's from my favorite BBC Comedy, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. (Though Nighty Night gives it a run for its money.)

Such a kick ass show, been meaning to give you props on that avatar.

Mine is the cover of Opeth's album Still Life. Probably my favorite album of all time and I was probably listening to it when I made my acount. Been meaning to change it to something else, but I figure it would throw off the people who use it to know which posts to skip.

More
03 Sep 2010 13:53 #73039 by NeonPeon
Replied by NeonPeon on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Mine is from the most recent album by one of my favorite metal bands of all time! But, this album is kind of hit or miss, at least the title track is super awesome.

More
03 Sep 2010 14:06 #73040 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I was depressed and gave myself a mohawk for about six hours, then shaved my head. Because F:AT is all about being punk, I threw it up here even though I am more of a Dockers and Hushpuppies kind of guy, in reality.

More
03 Sep 2010 14:09 #73041 by Pat II
Replied by Pat II on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Don't make me pull rank on you kid.

More
03 Sep 2010 14:31 #73045 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
lol, nice. Is that what Wings is saying in that shot?

More
03 Sep 2010 14:33 #73046 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Mine is the green wizard token from Wiz-War expansion #1, which added two more players.

It was my favorite piece, because nobody ever wanted to play neon green, and I could always be a consistent color.

I figured I'd crib Thrower's style and use a vintage chit from a game that was important to me.

More
03 Sep 2010 14:41 #73047 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Mine's obvious. I don't play GH or Rock Band nearly as much as I used to, but I've been using a GH avatar of some kind for over six years on both here and BGG, so I'm afraid if I changed it no one would recognize me anymore.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds