October 09, 2023
2475 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2679 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
29 Oct 2011 00:12 #106661 by Black Barney
.yep, that seals it, JLH for sure.

We better move this thread hijack to Jeb's new thread before he has a convulsion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2011 01:37 #106668 by imrahil327
But I wasn't done pooping on the couch!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
29 Oct 2011 16:32 - 29 Oct 2011 16:34 #106687 by Santorum
Man, there's so much wrong with this thread. I don't even know where to start when it comes to PMS's taste in women. I think I have figured it out though: The more average they are, the more he likes them.

That's the only possible explanation.

Oh, and this is Brandon (Jedi Genius from decktech). I like long walks on the beach, feeling the sand between my toes, and sex in the champagne room.

I may be slow to start commenting around here as I try to get my bearings on what I can easily ignore (i.e. all board game stuff) and where I can properly make fun of Patrick.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2011 16:34 by Santorum.

More
29 Oct 2011 16:38 #106689 by Ken B.

Santorum wrote: Man, there's so much wrong with this thread. I don't even know where to start when it comes to PMS's taste in women. I think I have figured it out though: The more average they are, the more he likes them.

That's the only possible explanation.

Oh, and this is Brandon (Jedi Genius from decktech). I like long walks on the beach, feeling the sand between my toes, and sex in the champagne room.

I may be slow to start commenting around here as I try to get my bearings on what I can easily ignore (i.e. all board game stuff) and where I can properly make fun of Patrick.

It will take me forever to get used to the name change. You should get a smart-looking Jedi as your avatar to help me out. I'm older than I used to be.

More
29 Oct 2011 16:54 #106691 by Santorum

Ken B. wrote: It will take me forever to get used to the name change. You should get a smart-looking Jedi as your avatar to help me out. I'm older than I used to be.

There was no way I was keeping that name over here, I've considered changing my name on decktech a dozen times as it is. 13 year old me had a completely different idea of a decent username than 28 year old me.

What does a smart looking jedi even look like?

More
29 Oct 2011 17:01 - 29 Oct 2011 17:02 #106692 by Ken B.

Santorum wrote:

Ken B. wrote: It will take me forever to get used to the name change. You should get a smart-looking Jedi as your avatar to help me out. I'm older than I used to be.

There was no way I was keeping that name over here, I've considered changing my name on decktech a dozen times as it is. 13 year old me had a completely different idea of a decent username than 28 year old me.

Last edit: 29 Oct 2011 17:02 by Ken B..

More
29 Oct 2011 19:45 #106701 by Black Barney

Santorum wrote: I may be slow to start commenting around here as I try to get my bearings on what I can easily ignore (i.e. all board game stuff).

LOL, this is such an awesome post, Brandon. I love it. It's primarily a board game site and i love that you're here for pretty much the same reason I'm here.

Yeah, you can make fun of me in any thread, it's proper sport over here.

And yeah, most DEFINATELY the more average they are, the more I like them. I think that's a fair assessment.

So glad you're here
xo

More
29 Oct 2011 23:47 #106705 by stormseeker75
I know Barney's real name! Now I just need a voodoo doll and a copy of Forza 3.

More
30 Oct 2011 05:59 #106717 by Black Barney
:)

I'm playin' Forza3 ALL THE TIME now too. Man, i paid way too much for that. I should have just gotten yours :(

More
30 Oct 2011 15:07 #106726 by stormseeker75
You sure should have! The postage to Canuckistan (TM Billy Z) would have cost a bit as well though so maybe it's not too bad.

More
30 Oct 2011 17:40 #106731 by Black Barney
aren't you in the states? Shipping a game to Canada is like 5 bucks or less no?

More
30 Oct 2011 18:01 #106732 by SaMoKo
It's pretty cheap, but can take a while if a US postal worker thinks that Ontario is on the west side of the continent and sends a package from Boston to Vancouver.

More
30 Oct 2011 18:01 #106733 by SaMoKo
The US postal worker is, of course, right. Vancouver owns and I should be on the west coast again.

More
01 Nov 2011 13:16 #106879 by Nitsuj

Ken B. wrote:

Santorum wrote:

If I had a lightsaber, I know what I would swing at!

/Plinkett

Oh, this is Nitsuj BTW - where the white women at?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken B., Black Barney

More
01 Nov 2011 14:27 #106892 by Ken B.

Nitsuj wrote:

Ken B. wrote:

Santorum wrote:

If I had a lightsaber, I know what I would swing at!

/Plinkett

Oh, this is Nitsuj BTW - where the white women at?

WELCOME TO THE FOLD, FRIEND JUSTIN.

As for the white women, they're over here, behind this rock.

BONK

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds