October 09, 2023
2498 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2700 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
22 May 2012 02:27 #126371 by Sagrilarus
You know, that actually looks pretty interesting. I bet my oldest boy would love it. Is it available for sale yet?

Banner ads here on F:At are pretty doggone cheap. It may be worth clicking on the "Advertise" option at the top of the page.

Welcome aboard by the way.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PowerTheGame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 02:48 - 22 May 2012 02:51 #126375 by PowerTheGame

Sagrilarus wrote: You know, that actually looks pretty interesting. I bet my oldest boy would love it. Is it available for sale yet?

FABULOUS! Music to my ears.... We will be Kickstarting an expansion pack as well before next year.

Pre-orders start next month (June), right after Origins... Distribution is thru Alliance, so they should be able to truck it to the store nearest you! Tell your store to look in GTM #148 for a full page ad.

-PK Torretto
P.O.W.E.R. the Military Tactical Card Game
Last edit: 22 May 2012 02:51 by PowerTheGame. Reason: captcha grrr

More
15 Jun 2012 19:04 #128321 by the_jake_1973
I just got here from likely the Drake's Flames. Let's go with that since I can't actually recall.

I am a wargamer and boardgamer from way back. I am lucky to have a fiancee who likes most of the boardgames I play. We have a small group of rpg/boardgamers that get together as well which is nice. To satisfy my competitive nature I like to track everyone's wins on the game boxes. My girl is killing me in Dominion, but I have the edge on Thunderstone. I can't seem to beat her in 2 player Merchants and Marauders.

I think that I am one of the few people who does not like Agricola. I am definitely not a fan of the worker resource games.

We just moved into a house and now we will have space to spread out Arkham Horror and some expansions.

Cheers
Jake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, OldHippy, engineer Al

More
15 Jun 2012 21:15 #128340 by engineer Al

the_jake_1973 wrote: We just moved into a house and now we will have space to spread out Arkham Horror and some expansions.

Gonna need a BIG table, too.

More
15 Jun 2012 23:00 #128364 by StrayKnife
While I've been around the site for awhile, I haven't been as active in contributing as I've liked. So I might as well introduce myself!

I'm an author (" Eve of Corruption "), drummer ( Lorenguard ), game designer (FFG), and Mage Knight addict.

I'm planning on starting an ongoing blog here, giving my insights into my experience with games, music, and general mischief.

And yeah, my twin brother designed Descent 2, but he also plays bass for Lorenguard. Check him out!

-Brady
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy, mikecl

More
15 Jun 2012 23:41 #128367 by Stephen Avery

StrayKnife wrote: While I've been around the site for awhile, I haven't been as active in contributing as I've liked. So I might as well introduce myself!

I'm an author (" Eve of Corruption "), drummer ( Lorenguard ), game designer (FFG), and Mage Knight addict.

I'm planning on starting an ongoing blog here, giving my insights into my experience with games, music, and general mischief.

And yeah, my twin brother designed Descent 2, but he also plays bass for Lorenguard. Check him out!

-Brady

Hey there boy. Welcome to the fort. Ya sure do got a purty mouth...

Steve"Fresh Meat"Avery

More
15 Jun 2012 23:45 #128368 by StrayKnife

Stephen Avery wrote:

StrayKnife wrote: While I've been around the site for awhile, I haven't been as active in contributing as I've liked. So I might as well introduce myself!

-Brady

Hey there boy. Welcome to the fort. Ya sure do got a purty mouth...

Steve"Fresh Meat"Avery

Thanks, Steve. Dental hygiene is also a passion of mine.

Rim shot.

More
16 Jun 2012 00:12 #128370 by Stephen Avery
Good thing too because KenB is passionate about dental hygiene. That and about growing the perfect mustache. Though I don't know what he calls it a 'clamface'.

Steve"raking muck"Avery

More
20 Jun 2012 02:23 - 20 Jun 2012 02:24 #128734 by Glookose
I am a stout eurogamer who believes in playing Rules as Written. I don't like people who "pimp" out their boardgames. Extra pieces or parts makes the games distracting and takes away from the initial design choices that were made for a reason.

I am here to keep my eye on you AT people and make sure you don't get out of hand.

Consider this a warning!

Ian
Last edit: 20 Jun 2012 02:24 by Glookose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeletedUser, OldHippy, Dair, QPCloudy, SaMoKo, mikecl

More
20 Jun 2012 02:32 #128737 by SaMoKo

Glookose wrote: I am a stout eurogamer who believes in playing Rules as Written. I don't like people who "pimp" out their boardgames. Extra pieces or parts makes the games distracting and takes away from the initial design choices that were made for a reason.

I am here to keep my eye on you AT people and make sure you don't get out of hand.

Consider this a warning!

Ian

Well about time we had a voice of reason!

Just think of how much joy in El Grande would be lost without that delightful plug they included.

More
20 Jun 2012 04:20 #128747 by QPCloudy
I smell a Steve.

More
20 Jun 2012 10:25 #128752 by repoman

QPCloudy wrote: I smell a Steve.

You know, I smelled it too but then I thought I was just being a crazy conspiracist.

More
20 Jun 2012 15:19 #128769 by Dair

QPCloudy wrote: I smell a Steve.

Nah, I met Ian at Trashfest. He is a game pimper extraordinaire and a nice dude. Welcome Ian!

More
20 Jun 2012 16:03 #128773 by repoman
Ahh well then. Hello and Welcome!

More
20 Jun 2012 16:22 #128779 by Glookose
Hello everyone and thanks! I thought it was about time I actually signed into the site although i've been reading it for a while now.

Ian
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Ken B., Dr. Mabuse

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds