October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
28 Jun 2018 19:19 #276529 by Menat
Hi, I'm another new/old member. I'm not sure I ever even posted with my old profile. I've lurked here on and off for years but recently with more frequency to escape the news. I feel like contributing to a few threads around here but thought I should say 'hi' here first.

I'm a pretty avid miniature hobbyist and have a decent library of board games as well. This has long been one of my favorite online gaming communities, so cheers to you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2018 13:36 #277178 by LibertyJack
Hello! I am new here and happy I found this place. I am a Game master, Dungeon Master, miniature painter, terrain maker and all round gamer. Pc game s, board games, etc... nice to meet you all

More
09 Jul 2018 13:50 #277183 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic New Members Introduce Yourself
What are you minis of choice, LibertyJack and Menat? I am not into the scene myself, but I admire the pieces and have painted a couple of things just to dink around. WarHammer? Warmachine? War...Farming?

Ooh, hey, terrain-wise, I just saw a video by this train guy and it's AMAZING.

More
09 Jul 2018 14:16 #277187 by SuperflyPete
Hopefully a Cincy area new member will show up so I have some more people to game with!

More
03 Nov 2018 22:45 #285216 by Vysetron
Hey everybody! I've lurked the articles on FA/TWBG off and on but never participated in the forums before. Looks like a happening place!

Infodump: My name's Demetri. I'm based out of NC. I write about games in various places and talk about industry trends. I'm sort of an omnigamer, not that that means anything nowadays. My tastes are all over the place. Some of my old favorites include Chinatown, Acquire, Cosmic Encounter, and most Knizias. Recently I've been super into Root and a few small card games.

Is that good for an intro? I dunno. Hi!

More
04 Nov 2018 01:02 #285220 by hotseatgames
Welcome! I recognize you from Twitter, you are a fan of the game SuperflyTNT and I made, SEAL Team Flix!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
04 Nov 2018 01:40 #285222 by Michael Barnes
I invited Demetri to come on here and write some features for us- I think he’s going to fit in nicely here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig, Vysetron

More
04 Nov 2018 09:58 #285232 by Vysetron

hotseatgames wrote: Welcome! I recognize you from Twitter, you are a fan of the game SuperflyTNT and I made, SEAL Team Flix!

I am! It's such a cool design. You guys did some seriously solid work. I wrote about this on my BGG blog so I won't go off in full here, but I love how the players have complete control over their own destiny and dice are used exclusively for punishment. I've never seen another game do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Frohike, WadeMonnig

More
21 Nov 2018 21:55 #286662 by Scott Rogers
Hi there,

I am yet another old/new member. Old because I've been playing games for a long time (I was working in a game store at the dawn of Ameritrash) and old because I am a veteran of the infamous BGG Eurogames/Ameritrash wars.

While I'll play anything, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Ameritrash gamer who has even designed and published my own (Rayguns and Rocketships - look it up on Amazon.com or order it from your FLGS) as well as a party game (Pantone the Game).

Some of my favorite Ameritrash titles include Betrayal at the House on the Hill (Just started playing the Legacy version), Survive! Escape from Atlantis, Kingdom Death: Monster, Warhammer 40K, Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Star Wars: X-Wing, Thunder Road, Risk Legacy, Formula D, Massive Darkness and Camp Grizzly. I also like lighter (but still heavily themed) fare such as Meeple Circus, Colt Express, Black Sails and Karuba.

And, if that isn't enough, I produce a segment on the Ludology podcast called "Biography of a Boardgame" - you should check it out!

It's nice to be here!

More
21 Nov 2018 21:57 #286663 by Michael Barnes
Oh neat, I’ve been meaning to check out Pantone- very cool concept. Welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Rogers

More
21 Nov 2018 21:58 #286664 by Gary Sax
Welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Rogers

More
22 Nov 2018 12:06 - 22 Nov 2018 12:07 #286691 by southernman
Another Browncoat wanderer finally shows up after the wars and exodus of 11 years ago.
Welcome.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2018 12:07 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, engineer Al, Scott Rogers

More
05 Feb 2019 23:48 #291598 by RolandHemisphere
I'm brand new here in every sense of the word. Stumbled across the site the other day, in fact, linked from a reddit post.

Been at the board game game for 5 years. Mostly Euros, but up for most.

I'm here for the lively banter and witty repartee, and the community.

So,

Hello

More
05 Feb 2019 23:54 #291599 by san il defanso
Welcome Roland! Always glad to get someone new!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RolandHemisphere

More
06 Feb 2019 01:40 #291603 by Gary Sax
Welcome!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RolandHemisphere

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.668 seconds