Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

MB
Michael Barnes
January 24, 2022
3805 0
Hot
T
thegiantbrain
January 24, 2022
434 0

Lords of Vegas - In Focus

Beyond Reviews
B
BradHB
January 21, 2022
483 0

Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Game

Podcasts & Videos
D
DavidNorris
January 20, 2022
590 0
T
thegiantbrain
January 19, 2022
247 0
T
thegiantbrain
January 17, 2022
1154 0
W
We-reNotWizards
January 12, 2022
787 0

Ten: The Card Game - Review

Board Game Reviews
T
thegiantbrain
January 11, 2022
330 0
O
oliverkinne
January 11, 2022
599 0
MT
Matt Thrower
January 10, 2022
1132 0
J
Jackwraith
January 10, 2022
598 1
MB
Michael Barnes
January 07, 2022
2721 0
B
BradHB
January 07, 2022
449 0
W
We-reNotWizards
January 05, 2022
721 0
J
Jackwraith
December 30, 2021
808 0
MB
Michael Barnes
December 30, 2021
1248 0
×
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

It Came From the Tabletop! - Ethnos and Can't Stop

More
15 Oct 2018 21:23 #283125 by Josh Look

Josh and Al talk Ethnos, Can't Stop, what makes for a great racing game, how cool special powers are and the importance of a good map.

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 07:15 #283126 by Josh Look
I think Al is about to become everyone’s favorite podcaster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 10:59 #283140 by Sagrilarus
A fellow racing game fan. Subscribed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 12:45 - 16 Oct 2018 12:45 #283147 by Sagrilarus
I'll just add that you guys have replaced So Very Wrong About Games on my podcast list. I listened to your show which was very up, very positive, a great listen that lifted my mood. So Very Wrong came on right afterward and started complaining about every game they mentioned. Life's too short for that.

Here's hoping you guys publish on a regular basis.

There were about a dozen things I wanted to say about racing games while I was listening. Nice discussion, got my brain stirring.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2018 12:45 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 13:04 - 16 Oct 2018 15:28 #283148 by Gary Sax
Last edit: 16 Oct 2018 15:28 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 13:09 #283150 by Josh Look

Sagrilarus wrote: I'll just add that you guys have replaced So Very Wrong About Games on my podcast list. I listened to your show which was very up, very positive, a great listen that lifted my mood. So Very Wrong came on right afterward and started complaining about every game they mentioned. Life's too short for that.

Here's hoping you guys publish on a regular basis.

There were about a dozen things I wanted to say about racing games while I was listening. Nice discussion, got my brain stirring.


Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

We’ll have an episode out every two weeks. Our next episode will be our Halloween special.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 13:19 #283151 by WadeMonnig
This is awesome! A great addition to the site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 14:18 #283153 by charlest
Great work and interesting discussion!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 11:09 #283192 by Legomancer
Love it. Love the discussion, love the approach, love Al's laugh.

HOWEVER.

As the TWBG resident elf-hater, I am unfollowing it.

(not really, tho I do hate elves. But I love Ethnos!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 11:11 #283193 by BaronDonut
This was excellent, looking forward to the next episode!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 11:36 #283194 by Josh Look

Legomancer wrote: Love it. Love the discussion, love the approach, love Al's laugh.

HOWEVER.

As the TWBG resident elf-hater, I am unfollowing it.

(not really, tho I do hate elves. But I love Ethnos!)


I think we can go ahead and give him title case: The Best Laugh In Podcasting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legomancer, Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 12:46 #283197 by Gary Sax
Hey Josh (and Al), I finished the first episode. I love the format, in fact, I see it as one of the main draws. Specifically, I hope you won't hesitate to do 20 minutes on a game you played that evening that you *may have already played before on the pod.* I think that is something super unique and great you can do---talk about what you learned about the game with this play and your evolving thoughts. I think Shut Up and Sit Down do a podcast similar in spirit to yours, which has gotten a great deal better in the last 2-3 months, but the thing that aggravates the shit out of me about it is that it is always about games that are new to them and definitely that are new to the podcast discussion. I think a big value add is having a podcast that literally talks about the games hitting the table whether they have had airtime already or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, Frohike, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 16:16 #283216 by Josh Look

Gary Sax wrote: Hey Josh (and Al), I finished the first episode. I love the format, in fact, I see it as one of the main draws. Specifically, I hope you won't hesitate to do 20 minutes on a game you played that evening that you *may have already played before on the pod.* I think that is something super unique and great you can do---talk about what you learned about the game with this play and your evolving thoughts. I think Shut Up and Sit Down do a podcast similar in spirit to yours, which has gotten a great deal better in the last 2-3 months, but the thing that aggravates the shit out of me about it is that it is always about games that are new to them and definitely that are new to the podcast discussion. I think a big value add is having a podcast that literally talks about the games hitting the table whether they have had airtime already or not.


Thank you! I’m sure I sound like a broken record at this point but I’ve been so stoked to let this show loose for weeks now and I’m so glad it’s getting such a good response.

Not sticking to new games was a conscious decision. For one, you get to play more games you already know you love and that’s nothing but a good thing. Second, I didn’t want this to be a “review” show. I’m bored with reviews, they’re these temporary moments in time that do not change or evolve as you replay the game after the review or as new ideas come out. I wanted to do something more “big picture” without losing accessibility, and you’re not always going to get that with games you’re new to. The natural conversations we have on Thursday nights was perfect for that. I’m sure we’ll have guests at some point because everyone who comes over has something really great to add to the discussion. It’s all a matter of who makes it out on a given night.

Our next episode, the Halloween Special, is going to feature three games. None were new to me, but only one was new to Al.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds